Unable to online check in and how to resolve it

Yesterday I thought it is a good time to do check in to my Greek Island cruise which is only around 40 days from now .
Since Rhapsody OTS is not supported yet by the application I thought I will try via the site .
So after login in I saw the cruise and pressed the check in online , well nothing happened  , no check in screen , no error message just nothing .
As I already know some of the site issue I tried to do the same from another browser , did not work, tried from my IPAD , same same 
I called Royal , got some representative who asked me to restart my computer , I was shocked to discover it did not worked, his next idea was to wait 24 hours and try again which if I need to translate it from CSR language  its something "I do not really know what to do with you but I really wish you will hung up so you will become another CSR problem". Well I did not argue and waited to try again (who know maybe they have some upgrade/update done) , by the way my other near by cruises I could do the check in.
Tried again today , still did not work so I called again hoping to get a representative that will not ask  me to try and shutdown my router/the power in all the apartment or to stand on my had try to check in upside down. Lucky for me I got someone that already encounter  this issue, here are the steps if you ever have this issue : 

Change your location to Australia
Go to the already booked page
press cruise planner
press already booked again and choose check in 
IT will take you to the old check in page.
You can also try to go directly to the page : http://www.royalcaribbean.com.au/beforeyouboard/home.do

Not sure why it happens , maybe the Rhapsody is not supporting the new system yet  or just a random RC IT issue. Anyway, I am checked in now.

5 minutes ago, twangster said:

Assume you tried incognito or private browser window?  Clearing cache and website content also works wonders with Royal's site.

Yes, tried cleaning my cache and incognito , it seem some other issue .After completing the check in in the old page I can see it was changed to update check in /set sail pass but still pressing the link do nothing. My only problem is that checking in the old system gave me the old set sail pass which is the single set sail pass for all the passengers.  

For what it's worth I'm able to jump in and out of several cruises for check in purposes.  I've got 8 cruises within 90 days that I can access check in without issue on the US website.  

The Royal app on the other is another story.  I get emails telling to check in using the app but I can't check in on the app, it reports I have no cruises eligible for check in yet I do.  

25 minutes ago, twangster said:

For what it's worth I'm able to jump in and out of several cruises for check in purposes.  I've got 8 cruises within 90 days that I can access check in without issue on the US website.  

The Royal app on the other is another story.  I get emails telling to check in using the app but I can't check in on the app, it reports I have no cruises eligible for check in yet I do.  

Yes, I can also check in to another cruise I have during October without any issue , strange .
By the way , when you do check in from the app how do you print your set sail pass ? last time I have done it I had to do the check in again from the web site and it gave me a different slot time  (it did not let me just to print the set sail but needed to do the update to get to it).

42 minutes ago, twangster said:

In theory don't print it, just flash the SetSail pass your phone.  Like boarding a plane.

Grab a screen shot in case the app freaks out at the terminal.  

I recall in one your report you wrote they asked you for hard copy ? , it might be just when they started with the application.

4 minutes ago, Traveler said:

I recall in one your report you wrote they asked you for hard copy ? , it might be just when they started with the application.

When I sailed Symphony from Barcelona and Adventure from Quebec City I made the decision to print a copy and have it in my pocket while I tried the phone pass.  

I didn't need the paper for Adventure.  I did for Symphony when my phone latched onto the ship's wifi signal in the terminal.  In the heat of the moment it was easier to grab the paper copy from my pocket.  

I printed using a laptop on the website.

When I fly I often get a paper boarding pass.  A dropped phone or dead battery at the perfect time can make for a stressful day.  

2 hours ago, twangster said:

When I fly I often get a paper boarding pass.  A dropped phone or dead battery at the perfect time can make for a stressful day.

I always go with paper... Just way to stressful for me to make sure my phone has battery and the app hasn't closed!!!  Jane

• 6 months later...

Have tried everything to check in online - different browser, incognito window - nothing works. I can get into my account, cannot update anything, cannot add information, cannot check in online, just tells me to try later, as information not available. Am 35 days out from sailing, have paid in full, have got one document, but cannot check in.  When I emailed RC, got advice to try different browser etc, so could get into my account, but nothing more. Am very frustrated by this!! 

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
1 hour ago, Aham said:

I’m trying to check in and when I upload my documents it says hit a snag try again later. I am 6 days from my trip. Is it too late to check in online?

Try it, is should be open.
They can handle the documents at the pier during your check in there -for those who have previously uploaded documents they are checking your docs, for those who have not previously uploaded docs they take the pics and upload them for you.

I had this issue with a cruise that was sailing within weeks.  The "nice man" at Royal told me I needed to uninstall and reinstall the app (I had done that already), he told me I needed to update my phone (done already) and when I told him I had done that already he said, nope, gotta do it again......then he had me clear my history.  None of it worked.  A week later I was able to access that reservation in the app.  It's so hit or miss with them.  BTW, I had cruises on either side of this one and I could access those-so clearly it was not my phone (oh, tried daughter's phone as well, no luck) and it was Royal.    Perhaps they need to give them a pay raise?

• 4 months later...

I am 39 days out from my cruise and trying to do my online check in.  It lets me enter my passport and credit card information but when I want to process to get my boarding pass, it won’t let me.  Tells me Hit a snag, try later.  I lose all the info I entered.  Have been trying for two days with same result 

• 2 months later...

So my check in window opened today. However I can't check in neither on the app nor the website.

On the website my cruise sometimes simply doesn't show and when it does it says that the Check In is already closed.

On the app sometimes the check in button doesn't show or I simply can't enter the cruise because it says it's not ready for the app yet.

It's a mess.

@Carlos A.I just went to my account, same here. My sailings are gone, just know it is most likely Royal IT not just you. It will probably work itself out in a few hours. Maybe reach out on Social Media or call, they should be able to give you an update. It's not just you and this type of thing had happened before, they are in there tinkering with something un be known to us....

Update, I agree with @Xaa I feel for you and also am sorry it messed with check in! Fingers crossed for you it gets back on line soon for you!

Edited by Neesa
Added thought