Third Icon Class ship ordered

1 hour ago, J_Keeble said:

also has the royal ships on order page been updated? @Matt I always like looking at that to see what we have to look forward to in the ship building world and what rumours we can get.

Yes, updated this morning

2 hours ago, BB1 said:

I'll bet one winds up in Galveston since they have the infrastructure. An Oasis class and Icon class would sure make that a key port.

2 hours ago, BB1 said:

I'll bet one winds up in Galveston since they have the infrastructure. An Oasis class and Icon class would sure make that a key port.

That is the rumbling I have been hearing for months... BA even mentioned the Icon class to Galveston in their recent brochure. Make perfect sense considering the current ships sail at capacity year round.

I'm sure any new port build out will involve investigating LNG capabilities in support of Icon class.  If Canaveral was closed for any reason they need alternate ports to divert to. 

Carnival has NYC as a home port for a few months for it's soon to be released LNG ship.  Just two east coast LNG fuel stops is pretty risky in a business model.  The more LNG capable ports the better.  

I'm sure they are exploring it in Everglades and Miami as well.  

Is it normal for it to be so hush hush?

I didn't really follow when the Oasis class was being built and first coming out. Just seems weird to be so little information. You think they would want to promote and hype it. Also, 2022 isn't that far out...won't they be offering itineraries for 2022 on others ships soon?

I know Royal will have no problem filling them no matter what they do.....for now at least. I am just surprised that with something so big and new, they wouldn't be pushing the hype and excitement that comes with it!

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 2:44 PM, monctonguy said:

Is it normal for it to be so hush hush?

I didn't really follow when the Oasis class was being built and first coming out. Just seems weird to be so little information. You think they would want to promote and hype it. Also, 2022 isn't that far out...won't they be offering itineraries for 2022 on others ships soon?

I know Royal will have no problem filling them no matter what they do.....for now at least. I am just surprised that with something so big and new, they wouldn't be pushing the hype and excitement that comes with it!

The coverage on the Oasis build was incredible. Documentaries and weekly YouTube shorts . it sold me on Royal as my 'go-to' cruise line.