Jump to content
WannaCruise

Muster Stations Different - Connecting Staterooms

Recommended Posts

For our Navigator cruise we booked 2 connecting staterooms.  Our kids are in one, and DH and I are in the other.

We just did check in and noticed that we have different muster stations.  This seems very strange that they would split up rooms when they are connecting.  It's not a huge deal for muster drill as our son will just look after our younger one, but is there a way to move us together?  If it was a real emergency, then I'd want our kids with us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi WannaCruise, we have two rooms. Royal made the adults split up & each one room with two young adults we are bringing. Which ended up giving us different Muster Stations. I have mobility issues & did not want to depend on my Niece the first hour we are on the ship to go to the station. I contacted customer service. They had to email the ship directly & ask the Chief Officer of Safety . I received as email right back allowing us to stay together for “ Mustard Stations” haha got a good laugh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I contacted customer service to find out about a muster station since my hubby is in a wheelchair and basically got back an email that said we can't help you wait until you are in ship. Rcci consistent inconsistency strikes again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On Brilliance in January we had a different muster station than the cabin next to us.  We were in the same group, so she just followed us.  Once we got there they told her she was in the wrong place, LOL.  We just assumed since we were next door we would be in the same one.  There must be a cut-off point somewhere, I guess, and we found it.

@WannaCruise curious as to how old the kids are? If they are under 18 they may not be allowed to be in a different life boat than you. When you get on board Adventure Ocean staff will be there to give them muster wrist bands, and can probably fix it - or at least help fix it with the right person. If they are over 18...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, WannaCruise said:

For our Navigator cruise we booked 2 connecting staterooms.  Our kids are in one, and DH and I are in the other.

We just did check in and noticed that we have different muster stations.  This seems very strange that they would split up rooms when they are connecting.  It's not a huge deal for muster drill as our son will just look after our younger one, but is there a way to move us together?  If it was a real emergency, then I'd want our kids with us.

 

24 minutes ago, Whizbank said:

I contacted customer service to find out about a muster station since my hubby is in a wheelchair and basically got back an email that said we can't help you wait until you are in ship. Rcci consistent inconsistency strikes again. 

I would call back and talk to someone else. Different reps give different answers. When you check in online as much as 90 days before sailing, your muster station appears on the set sail pass. So they obviously know that information before you are on board. And they should definitely know general information about muster for people in wheelchairs. Worst case scenario, you'll know your muster station number when you check in on line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, KathyC said:

On Brilliance in January we had a different muster station than the cabin next to us.  We were in the same group, so she just followed us.  Once we got there they told her she was in the wrong place, LOL.  We just assumed since we were next door we would be in the same one.  There must be a cut-off point somewhere, I guess, and we found it.

@WannaCruise curious as to how old the kids are? If they are under 18 they may not be allowed to be in a different life boat than you. When you get on board Adventure Ocean staff will be there to give them muster wrist bands, and can probably fix it - or at least help fix it with the right person. If they are over 18...

Our son is 14 and our daughter will be 10 when we sail.  I thnk because they are connecting they let us book kids in one room and adults in the other?  This booking is a little messed up and our reservations aren't linked so thinking about it, maybe that's why we got unlucky and got different muster stations?  We originally booked a single room online.  Then we called in and decided to switch to 2 connecting rooms.  For some reason...because one room was booked online and the other with a royal agent, they are not linked and we only see our booking when signing in to Royal's site.  (We have a separate email to see our kids booking).   It actually took DH 20 minutes on the phone with royal agent to do check in for our kids room.  So am thinking it won't be so easy to get us together and then reprint the sea pass.

 

For those that need to be together for physical reasons, i hope you get it straightened out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WannaCruise said:

Our son is 14 and our daughter will be 10 when we sail.  I thnk because they are connecting they let us book kids in one room and adults in the other?  This booking is a little messed up and our reservations aren't linked so thinking about it, maybe that's why we got unlucky and got different muster stations?  We originally booked a single room online.  Then we called in and decided to switch to 2 connecting rooms.  For some reason...because one room was booked online and the other with a royal agent, they are not linked and we only see our booking when signing in to Royal's site.  (We have a separate email to see our kids booking).   It actually took DH 20 minutes on the phone with royal agent to do check in for our kids room.  So am thinking it won't be so easy to get us together and then reprint the sea pass.

 

For those that need to be together for physical reasons, i hope you get it straightened out.

I'm really shocked that RC won't link the reservation.  Our last cruise a few weeks ago, we booked a room for us and several months later right before final payment date we booked a room for the kids that was right across from us.  Our TA linked the reservation right away for us especially for dining.  That may be a difference with booking with a TA vs Royal.

It might be easier to change your muster station to match the kids.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, melski94 said:

I'm really shocked that RC won't link the reservation.  Our last cruise a few weeks ago, we booked a room for us and several months later right before final payment date we booked a room for the kids that was right across from us.  Our TA linked the reservation right away for us especially for dining.  That may be a difference with booking with a TA vs Royal.

It might be easier to change your muster station to match the kids.  

 

It's something odd with the reservation system with one booking being online and another by royal agent.  I'm in IT and don't get the restriction or why this would make a difference,  but some some reason they can't link them in the system.  We can still "add a reservation" when booking say an excursion and they did something when noting our dining table in the MDR (I hope!) but they are not technically linked.

For our Anthem cruise next year, we booked 2 connecting rooms upfront with the agent and can see both reservations in the cruise planner.  Hopefully we'll have the same muster stations for that one.

Good point..we could do online check in and print on our reservation with no issue so will call and see if Royal can change our muster to our kids assigned muster.  Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, WannaCruise said:

Our son is 14 and our daughter will be 10 when we sail.  I thnk because they are connecting they let us book kids in one room and adults in the other?  This booking is a little messed up and our reservations aren't linked so thinking about it, maybe that's why we got unlucky and got different muster stations?  We originally booked a single room online.  Then we called in and decided to switch to 2 connecting rooms.  For some reason...because one room was booked online and the other with a royal agent, they are not linked and we only see our booking when signing in to Royal's site.  (We have a separate email to see our kids booking).   It actually took DH 20 minutes on the phone with royal agent to do check in for our kids room.  So am thinking it won't be so easy to get us together and then reprint the sea pass.

 

I doubt the lack of linking of the reservations has anything to do with it.  The map on the back of the cabin door says what the muster station is -- the cabin is associated to the muster station.  So it seems very odd that connecting cabins have different muster stations.

Hopefully they have a procedure to make an exception onboard, and move all of you to one or the other.  Or worst case, they can swap an adult and a kid, though it would be better for all of you to be at the same muster station.

I've run into similar issues with reservation linking.  I've even had a situation where I booked at the same time, with the same travel agent, but Royal's system did not allow them to be linked.  Apparently one reservation was associated with the travel agency "group space", and one was independent.  But i've never had any issues with my kids being at a different muster station then my wife and I.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi whizbank, we got back today from HOTS, they  just scanned our seapass & did not ask any questions as to why we are not at the “ correct” muster station. Just watch the video & leave.. oh bring a drink and bathroom break before you go in!

Edited by RTripp
Spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2019 at 12:07 PM, RTripp said:

Hi whizbank, we got back today from HOTS, they  just scanned our seapass & did not ask any questions as to why we are not at the “ correct” muster station. Just watch the video & leave.. oh bring a drink and bathroom break before you go in!

@RTripp thanks for that info. We ended up going to our station, getting our passes scanned immediately and then they directed us to sit outside dining room. No video. Other people on the boards have said we were supposed to check in with guest services so that they knew we would need help in an emergency, but no one mentioned that to us on the ship. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was on HOTS two weeks ago.  Not impressed with organization and execution of the muster drill.  Lot of waiting.  I've been on ships that did it better and quicker.

In defense of the ship, there was a storm and the outside stations had to move to alternative interior locations.  May have added some confusion for crew and passengers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, wstephensi said:

Was on HOTS two weeks ago.  Not impressed with organization and execution of the muster drill.  Lot of waiting.  I've been on ships that did it better and quicker.

In defense of the ship, there was a storm and the outside stations had to move to alternative interior locations.  May have added some confusion for crew and passengers.

At least on Harmony you are indoors for muster. I can deal with it being a bit longer if I'm not outdoors sweating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...