12thman

Sky Class benefits vs The Key

11 minutes ago, Wilmsta said:

Suite guests don’t get access to Sun deck? I thought it was Jnr Suites that didn’t get access? 

Grand Suites and higher do have access to sun lounging areas on most ships.  Not all ships have a separate suite sun deck.  They are only found on Oasis and Quantum class ships. 

Most other ships have suite areas with loungers dedicated to suite guests but not a totally isolated separate sun deck just for suites.  

It's difficult to quantify ship differences in the chart.  

19 minutes ago, twangster said:

Grand Suites and higher do have access to sun lounging areas on most ships.  Not all ships have a separate suite sun deck.  They are only found on Oasis and Quantum class ships. 

Most other ships have suite areas with loungers dedicated to suite guests but not a totally isolated separate sun deck just for suites.  

It's difficult to quantify ship differences in the chart.  

Thanks Twangster, very helpful as always 

44 minutes ago, twangster said:

The good news is you will burn off at least 5 calories walking back to the Concierge Club on deck 12.  Great room with wonderful sea views but it is a hike back there.   

With the suite lounge being directly above our room that means double the distance.  One trip from the room at the A$$ end of the ship to the stairs to go up to twelve and then another trip all the way back to the lounge.   So I’ll get two trips, for 10 calories total, and then back to the room for a grand total of 20, which means seafood tower every night!  

Or the other option could be to make our own shortcut.  We could cut through the ceiling of the bedroom to have instant access or bring some climbing gear and a glass cutter to acces the lounge from the veranda.

3 hours ago, ScooterScott22 said:

@Traveler thanks for sharing the grid.  My wife is already p%$$#d that after booking Sky class there is a program that is giving away many of the same benefits that we are receiving, so this has to be hidden from her until after we cruise!  I have seen this before but can’t remember if it is from the Official RCCL pages or was from somewhere else.  Quick follow up question about one of the sky perks.

It makes sense that Sky class will have access to the suite lounge BUT it also has a check for the Diamond lounge.  So double checking, if I happen to be walking past the Diamond lounge and decide to stop in to check it out, it would be allowed right?  It will probably not be necessary since there is enough to see and do (and drink) on the ship, but was wondering since we happen to be in a spot where it was convenient to stop in.

The two carry some different and some similar benefits and depending on use case you may need neither, either, or both. We’re booked into a junior suite on Navigator in May and even without that would get priority embark/debark (MGM Mlife status) but still found the key benefits to be worth the cost for us on that sailing. Between Specialty lunch, WiFi, and priority flowrider times, the math worked out. It won’t be for everyone but isn’t taking away from others. Just as I don’t think that a genie holding seats in a show for @Lovetocruise2002 takes anything from others either. Stern class is really the closest anyone will get to an all inclusive sailing, but even with out Sky class sailing on Oasis next year, we’re still considering adding the key to that sailing as well. 

Regarding the carry on delivery to your stateroom benefit for The Key, I did have a carry on (actually it was all I had) and it was nice to be able to have that delivered directly to the room and to not have to drag it around for 2 hours and into Chops. I kept anything very valuable to me (credit card, cash, passport, phone) with me, but everything else was off my hands, which was great.  It may have been one of my favorite things about The Key and I'll definitely miss having it on Ovation in June.

2 hours ago, Wilmsta said:

Suite guests don’t get access to Sun deck? I thought it was Jnr Suites that didn’t get access? 

In @Traveler‘s chart, when they say “suite” they mean a suite on a non Oasis or Quantum class ship. Since Oasis and Quantum classes have their own suite program with the Sea/Sky/Star classes, it’s broken out separately. As far as I know the private sun decks aren’t found on the other ship classes so it wouldn’t apply.  

oops! That’s what I get for not seeing that there’s a second page on this topic!!

Edited by spiralqueen
I’m blind

1 hour ago, Andrew72681 said:

The two carry some different and some similar benefits and depending on use case you may need neither, either, or both. We’re booked into a junior suite on Navigator in May and even without that would get priority embark/debark (MGM Mlife status) but still found the key benefits to be worth the cost for us on that sailing. Between Specialty lunch, WiFi, and priority flowrider times, the math worked out. It won’t be for everyone but isn’t taking away from others. Just as I don’t think that a genie holding seats in a show for @Lovetocruise2002 takes anything from others either. Stern class is really the closest anyone will get to an all inclusive sailing, but even with out Sky class sailing on Oasis next year, we’re still considering adding the key to that sailing as well. 

IMO, I have always said from the start of this program, the Key is most beneficial when sailing JS or lower on O and Q class ships. And the longer the sailing or the more people in the cabin, the more it loses its value.

27 minutes ago, spiralqueen said:

In @Traveler‘s chart, when they say “suite” they mean a suite on a non Oasis or Quantum class ship. Since Oasis and Quantum classes have their own suite program with the Sea/Sky/Star classes, it’s broken out separately. As far as I know the private sun decks aren’t found on the other ship classes so it wouldn’t apply.  

oops! That’s what I get for not seeing that there’s a second page on this topic!!

Lol - thanks tho Spiralqueen - least I know for definite now!