? What Will The Oasis Get During Dry Dock ?

FlowBro Ty

17 minutes ago, FlowBro Ty said:

I Think No Skypad Due To The Number Of People On The Ship. But If They Do They Would Have To Have Eight Trampoline's To Make The Line Short 

Royal has a solution for long lines...  sell tickets.

Don't laugh, the CEO of the company suggested it was a possibility to manage crowds on Indy when she was getting AMPED.

Just now, Boston Babe said:

We have to get @Lovetocruise2002 to come our NE/CA sailing! LOL, but I think she's holding out for GC!

I'm already on 2 cruises that month!!  Anthem GC July 4th and Symphony July 27.  No clue how I'm even going to swing that!  And you want me to squeeze July 20th?! ?

23 hours ago, FlowBro Ty said:

I Also Heard That  The Oasis Will  Get A Redo Of The Shore X Desk Like On The Mariner 

Very likely.  Quantum class and Harmony has had these for years. Now Mariner. 

Self help excursions with one or two employees to float around and assist compared to a queue like at guest services.  Makes a lot of sense.    

Mariner's new Shore Excursion area:

Mariner ShoreX-1.jpg

10 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Glad to have you back !

I never left.  I did drop 10 cruises with Royal but Royal still has a great product, I've said that before.  I do plan to spread my money better going forward, Carnival Horizon and Vista - gotta love decent beer at sea and moves me one away from platinum.  I have some CUCs left over so Sky to Cuba - at least their old product is cheap with free booze. 

I don't mind sailing a run down ship if I'm paying a run down ship price.  Enchantment isn't priced that way but should be.  Empress is in much better shape yet a JS on Empress is cheaper than a JS on Enchantment.  Enchantment would make a fine artificial reef somewhere.  

Bliss is calling my name (go-karts at sea) and it's easier and cheaper to hit the West coast from home. 

Oasis fresh off a refurb at 60% the cost of Symphony is hard to pass up.  

19 hours ago, twangster said:

Well, I booked Oasis for 11/24/19, one of the first sailings after she returns to Miami from Europe.  So far the transatlantic westbound is not supposed to have guests and it's rumored will be used to complete finishing touches.

This might be one of the first cruises post-AMPED.  

That's the same info i got and not one sole will say what all Oasis is getting done during dry dock.

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 12:26 PM, twangster said:

Well, I booked Oasis for 11/24/19, one of the first sailings after she returns to Miami from Europe.  So far the transatlantic westbound is not supposed to have guests and it's rumored will be used to complete finishing touches.

This might be one of the first cruises post-AMPED.  

Well They Said That When The Mariner Came Out  Of Dry Dock And It Had Some "Guest" On It. Well The "Guest" On That Were Hand Picked By Royal For The Transatlantic. They Had Top

YouTube People And The Sailing Were Open For Royal Worker That Contract Was Over. Hey Twangster Royal Might Pick You For There V.I.P Transatlantic ? 

2 hours ago, mworkman said:

UPDATE:

I just talked to the next cruise desk and luckily got the Sr. TA,  She explained as to why no TA back to the states with pax is because they don't now the exact completion date. Once that is confirmed then the sailing date will be released.  

If they follow the trend from the past year, they also use that TA back to the US to complete work.

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

If they follow the trend from the past year, they also use that TA back to the US to complete work.

She said they would have pax onboard sailing back on the TA, there just waiting for a fixed completion date before releasing the schedule.  Only time will tell?

43 minutes ago, mworkman said:

She said they would have pax onboard sailing back on the TA, there just waiting for a fixed completion date before releasing the schedule.  Only time will tell?

That's odd.  The facilities used for this purpose are booked out for years.  They know the date they must be out of there.  Maybe they are hoping to finish early. 

Given the logistics of ordering and having material arrive on site just before it's needed and coordinating the labor resources required these projects are usually timed to the hour.  

4 hours ago, twangster said:

That's odd.  The facilities used for this purpose are booked out for years.  They know the date they must be out of there.  Maybe they are hoping to finish early. 

Given the logistics of ordering and having material arrive on site just before it's needed and coordinating the labor resources required these projects are usually timed to the hour.  

That's what i thought...Who knows...i guess if you ask enough NextCruise TA's you'll have numerous different responses. ? 

39 minutes ago, mworkman said:

That's what i thought...Who knows...i guess if you ask enough NextCruise TA's you'll have numerous different responses. ? 

The other factor is the amount of time to market the cruise.  Transatlantic sailings are often cheaper cruises to begin with, few people can take 2 weeks off and pay for a flight to Europe for mostly sea day after sea day after sea day - hardly a compelling itinerary.

Normally they want to market any given sailing for as long as they can.  Selling an early November transatlantic is tough enough, doing it with 9 months until final payment is due is making their job of filling the ship that much tougher and that's assuming they announce it within a month.   

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 12:22 AM, twangster said:

I don't mind sailing a run down ship if I'm paying a run down ship price.  Enchantment isn't priced that way but should be.  Empress is in much better shape yet a JS on Empress is cheaper than a JS on Enchantment.  Enchantment would make a fine artificial reef somewhere.  

1.  I Agree With @twangster About How Over Priced The Enchantment Is I Was Looking At The Nov. 30 Sailing And For A JS On The Enchantment The Wanted $2,000 For Two People And On A JS On The Mariner They Wanted $1,000 For Two People. Royal I Will Pay More For The Mariner For A JS But To Change More For Enchantment Come On Royal The Mariner Is Twice As Nice And Better In Shape.

2. Also Agree With @twangster Enchantment Will Make A Great  Reef At Coco Cay