Royal Caribbean Blog

Need advice about packing a suit and having it pressed onboard

35 minutes ago, Lindsay said:

Garment bag is helpful but you could always just pack in a regular suitcase.  And if you don't want to send out for pressing, Downy Wrinkle Release works AWESOME!!!  Just hang your suit up as soon as you get your luggage, spray this on it and smooth the wrinkles but gently running your hand over the suit and pulling lightly on the fabric.  You can also spray the stuff on and then use a hair dryer.  Works like a charm on ALL clothes and does NOT make your clothes stiff.  It actually has a nice smell to it (fabric softner smell).  I bring it with me on ALL our cruises!!!!  Hope this is helpful!

dbf6d9f1-c7c4-43da-be63-c0cf0ead69cd_1.ab9c650c314c7fa26c30d404a0998427.jpeg

I also second this!  Wrinkle release - don't leave home without it!!

32 minutes ago, Lindsay said:

Garment bag is helpful but you could always just pack in a regular suitcase.  And if you don't want to send out for pressing, Downy Wrinkle Release works AWESOME!!!  Just hang your suit up as soon as you get your luggage, spray this on it and smooth the wrinkles but gently running your hand over the suit and pulling lightly on the fabric.  You can also spray the stuff on and then use a hair dryer.  Works like a charm on ALL clothes and does NOT make your clothes stiff.  It actually has a nice smell to it (fabric softner smell).  I bring it with me on ALL our cruises!!!!  Hope this is helpful!

Thanks, Lindsay! We actually use this at home all the time for the kids' clothes and my dress shirts. If my wife decides to bring a bottle of that in her suitcase, I may go this route. :12_slight_smile:

We used the steam/press service on Harmony in November and our clothes turned out just fine, no damage.  With formal night on Day 2, we made sure to turn our clothes in to our statement room attendant as soon as we unpacked on Day 1 (same day service increases the charge by 50%, I believe).  

When traveling, I also use the Downy wrinkle release/shower steam method.  I find that blow drying and hand smoothing/pulling on the fabric after spraying wrinkle release also helps to lessen the wrinkles.  I have also used a clean flat iron (for hair) on a lower temp setting to eliminate stubborn wrinkles.

1 hour ago, JLMoran said:

Thanks, Lindsay! We actually use this at home all the time for the kids' clothes and my dress shirts. If my wife decides to bring a bottle of that in her suitcase, I may go this route. :12_slight_smile:

You are most welcome!  When you travel with that bottle just make sure nozzle is set to "X" (off) and I always tighten the head of the bottle and put it in a gallon ziplock just to be safe!  :)