Matt

Introduce yourself!

Hello all,

new joiners to the forum, we are a family of 4 from Italy, my wife, myself and two daugthers almost 18 and 13.

Never had cruises so far and to be honest never tought about seriously. This until last summer when we were having our holidays in Aruba and happened to park the car just few meters from the harmony of the Sea docked there. We were just "WOW that's insane!". I tought "if I have to cruise sooner or later I want this big toy!" Then went home, little bit of googoling and, guess what? found something which would have fit in our vacation planning. So, to make a long story short, we will be sailing out of Fort Lauderdale on the Allure of the Seas next August (I know, not the best period but this is what we have) as central part of our Florida trip.

We cannot wait to be there, we are soooooo excited!!! We are busy finding information and planning and this blog and forum, and you all guys, are amazing. Lot of incredible info here!

Still lot of time to go but what is better then planning this amazing holiday when out of the window is snowing :)

Alberto and family 

Hello Everyone,

Not new to Royal Caribbean Blog, but new to the forum.  My husband and I have been cruising with RCL for years and consider ourselves to be true veterans, actually we believe this is the only way to vacation... 

We are super excited about exploring more and more on the blog and receiving all the updates and need to knows that you provide...

You are doing an excellent job and we can't thank you enough for the wealth of knowledge you bring to our lives on a weekly basis...

Serous & MiA

Hi MiAMiA

Welcome to the blog. I am new to cruising, & joined this blog several months ago. going on our very first cruise in about a week. so excited,  can't wait to get started.  love traveling & I've had so many questions answered here on this blog, its a great way to get info

Hello Nay,

Thank You for the warm welcome..  I have been cruising for some time, but the blog has a wealth of knowledge and I’m learning more and more and have a ball doing so..

Hi,

My wife, Sacha, and I have enjoyed Royal Caribbean and cruising dating back to 2012 when we first sailed on Explorer of the Seas.  Currently we are Diamond members after 15 cruises and all but one with Royal Caribbean (the other on Celebrity).  We have sailed on a variety of ships and itineraries.  We have been on an Alaskan and Mediterranean cruise in addition to our numerous Caribbean cruises.  We slowed down a little on cruising to have two kids because they didn't have nurseries widely available then.  Since then our kids (Logan almost 7 and Makenna 9) have enjoyed the adventure ocean program.  Our kids enjoy cruising as much as we do now and ask about when is our next cruise.  We are looking forward to our couple's cruise in July on Mariner and our family cruise in October on Harmony.  The blog, podcast, live cruise blogs,  live broadcasts etc by @Matt and others have had a positive impact on my cruising.  We now have 4 future cruises booked (a record for us).  We live in the Orlando, Fl area so cruising is a great vacation option for us since we don't need to fly to the port and have multiple ports within a reasonable drive.  We enjoy visiting Disney World when we are not cruising and we are annual pass holders.

Jason Peterson

Hello everyone.

My wife and I have been on five cruises so far and they have all been Disney Cruises. We are Disney annual passholders and frequent visitors. We are thinking about a RCCL cruise in 2020 on Adventure of the Seas from Ft. Lauderdale to Southern Caribbean. I know the other cruise lines do things a bit differently than Disney and at first glance it would seem they are about half the price. But I'm sure there are some hidden charges to to make up some of that difference.

I'm looking forward to getting some good information from these boards. Thanks in advance.

Ray

On 2/20/2019 at 12:02 PM, The Colonel said:

Hello everyone.

My wife and I have been on five cruises so far and they have all been Disney Cruises. We are Disney annual passholders and frequent visitors. We are thinking about a RCCL cruise in 2020 on Adventure of the Seas from Ft. Lauderdale to Southern Caribbean. I know the other cruise lines do things a bit differently than Disney and at first glance it would seem they are about half the price. But I'm sure there are some hidden charges to to make up some of that difference.

I'm looking forward to getting some good information from these boards. Thanks in advance.

Ray

You have come to the right place Colonel. As you can see I was in the same boat. (pun)

On 2/20/2019 at 12:02 PM, The Colonel said:

Hello everyone.

Ray

You would have a great time on that cruise.  There aren't hidden costs that are going to make up that price difference.  The only additional cost would be sodas are not included on Royal.  Otherwise, enjoy the value the you will find on RCCL and book that cruise.

My name is Justin.  Found this site after signing up for my wife and I's first cruise in November of 2019.  I hope to gain knowledge of things to do, places to eat, and what I should be prepared for on this upcoming cruise as neither of us have been on one before.