Coco Cay October water temps?

Anyone that has been to Coco Cay in mid to late October can you tell me what the water temp of the ocean/pools/splashaway bay was? We went once in August and had a blast, then just a few weeks ago in February and while we had a blast again the water was very cold. Too cold for us that is for sure. Was it comfortable? Too cold? Perfect? I guess to a certain extent its a subjective thing, some like it cold, some warm, some super warm. Thanks.

I have been there the past 2 Octobers. Honestly, I don't go in the water much unless it's the summer to cool off. We did go in the Oasis Pool (briefly) and it was pretty cold to me. Part of it was that the weather was beautiful but by no means hot like it is in June/July. So I wasn't dying to cool off or anything. Didn't go in the ocean.

We've done Anthem for Thanksgiving 3 times, (2018, 2021, 2022) all included CocoCay.  I don't go in water, but everyone else has happily been snorkeling each time (we bring snorkels so everyone just does it from the beach).  I don't recall anyone complaining the water was too cold. I'm assuming it was a decent temp considering at least 2 of the times there were a bunch of jelly fish still at that time of year.

Thanks, just trying to weigh where to take another chance. Our first time to Coco Cay in August while absolutely brutally hot we had just about the most fun ever on a cruise. I mean well beyond my expectations which were kinda high.

This time in February which we wanted to see what it was like in true winter and it was a bit too cold, the water that is. Weather was very nice. 

Just kinda don't want to make that mistake again. We still had much fun, Coco Cay is pure magic. I Googled water temps in Coco Cay in Oct and it said between 78 and 83 possible 85. 

1 minute ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Both weather and ocean/pool temps? Thanks Matt. 

I would expect it. October is still the peak of hurricane season. That's warm ocean waters for sure. It will be hot and humid out.

It should not resemble February at all.

15 minutes ago, Matt said:

I would expect it. October is still the peak of hurricane season. That's warm ocean waters for sure. It will be hot and humid out.

It should not resemble February at all.

Oh wow I overlooked that part, peak hurricane season. We've done many time and make out fine but it's a concern for sure. Thanks. 

4 minutes ago, CyclingVa said:

October will be perfect.  We went last August and it was very Hot  and Mid December was too cold.  

Thanks, perfect but a tad worried about hurricane season. I mean we have sailed many many times in hurricane season without a care really but missing Coco Cay is another level disappointment. 

Our first time to Coco Cay was mid August and holy cow was it hot. I mean I love hot weather but this was bit too much for even me. 

31 minutes ago, Tania said:

We went in mid-October for the last 2 years and the ocean and pool (CoCo Cay)was great.  It was hot (80's).   I am not sure of the Water temp, but it was fine for me.

Awesome thanks. It's a really, really good price too. I put 200 bucks down with the future cruise thing when we were on Anthem a few weeks back. 

We have 3 on the books not paid off so it's just a matter of we want to take on another. Hint we probably in the end don't care. 🤣

We or really I decided against it. It was just too cold in February, water temp wise that I said next time we will go back in the summer where it'll be no doubt hot weather and warm water. 

I'm actually in the process of booking Bermuda late September into Oct. Now it may be cool weather there but that's ok because Bermuda has a lot of things to do. Coco Cay is water stuff and Coco Cay is the only focus. 

So we are on Liberty this Oct 9 nights Canada/NE. Then Liberty late May back to back Halifax and Bermuda cruises. Then Bermuda again last September into October. 

Then we reset and take a 2026 summer Coco Cay cruise that will cost more because it's summer. 

Also ironically Symphony is cheaper than Odyssey which I can't figure out why. Probably just book Symphony when those are released next year. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/14/2024 at 4:01 PM, Tania said:

We went in mid-October for the last 2 years and the ocean and pool (CoCo Cay)was great.  It was hot (80's).   I am not sure of the Water temp, but it was fine for me.

Tania (or anyone else who has gone to the Bahamas in late September or early Ocober), did you have any problems with rough seas or other hurricane season related issues? We are considering that season, but hesitatnt as my wife has had some motion sickness issues in the past. Thanks!

7 minutes ago, Sealegs said:

Tania (or anyone else who has gone to the Bahamas in late September or early Ocober), did you have any problems with rough seas or other hurricane season related issues? We are considering that season, but hesitatnt as my wife has had some motion sickness issues in the past. Thanks!

There's no way of predicting what the seas will be like just because it's hurricane season. If there is a storm/activity in the area (doesn't have to be an actual hurricane or super close), seas may be rough... if there's not, they will be calm.

half of my family is in south florida and october is my favorite month to visit.  snowbird season hasn't started yet, at the very tail end of hurricane season, weather is nice and warm everyday, ocean is very comfortable.  here's a table of nassau ocean temps, which is a good comp for PDCC and you can see october is 10 degrees warmer than feb (mid 80's vs mid 70's) mid 80s is perfect, but it has to be a very hot day to enjoy or even get into 70 degree water (that or i need to p** pretty badly) 

image.thumb.png.6308a293c4e3a5fe9d34b82bc4d04093.png

12 hours ago, Sealegs said:

I actually find the seas rougher during the winter than hurricane season.

We too went in December and found the weather to be perfectly pleasant for Thrill Water Park, paddling around in the pool and even the splash pad for the kids.  

With that said, I am noticing a trend that everyone encouraging winter months tends to be from colder weather to start with so this very much may be a ymmv situation.  If you consider 70 chilly and put on a coat at 60, you might not like Coco Cay in January.  For those of us who see water temp peaks of 67 in August, Cococay is great year-round.