6 hours ago, Ryan79 said:

You can even stay where you are and order someone completely different at the MDR. Eating a second meal at the same sitting an issue in the least

Ok…I just had to ask…just how accommodating are they when you decide to order someone completely different?  😂 😆 😝 

So sorry…your reply just hit my funny bone! 🦴 

10 hours ago, CanHardlyWait said:

I go from MDR to Windjammer after every meal.

I used to do this religiously. May skip a night here or there depending on plans but I still like to pop in just to see what the WJ has each night. Never know when you might find something different or interesting to try. I'm also rarely full from the MDR as I find the portions small (yes, I could order more) but it's fine.

14 hours ago, HeartBlade2000 said:

If we eat in the MDR and are still hungry or didn't care the food. Are we able to go to the buffet after? 

Yes, absolutely.

Keep in mind, also, that if you did not care for your MDR entree or would like something more, your servers will gladly bring you something else from the MDR menu.

Yeah, we do this as well sometimes for a couple seasons. One, sometimes my kids want to see a little more variety than what's on the kids menu in the MDR so we'll head up there after. Second, sometimes we want more dessert options. 

It seems kind of gluttonous but honestly there's not a ton to do right after dinner so it's a fun thing to go up to the Windjammer, grab dessert, and then walk around the top deck outside a bit.

I often did this as well on our last cruise. We didn't do shows several nights and I enjoyed sitting at one of the back tables that overlooks the sports court on Allure with a small plate with some fruit or dessert or whatever appealed to me - or a vegetarian option if I didn't like the MDR choices. I was usually there towards closing time and enjoyed seeing crew come in to eat, and using the Freestyle machine for some non-caffeinated diet soda and watching people below and waves further out. Sometimes, I wrote my blog posts there if I hadn't gotten to it earlier in the day. If I didn't do WJ, I would grab a slice a pizza or something from Cafe Promenade. 5pm is a pretty early dinner time if you don't go to sleep early!

4 minutes ago, jbrinkm said:

I often did this as well on our last cruise. We didn't do shows several nights

This is part of what I'm looking forward to when I go back on Wonder in 11 days. When we were on her the 1st time, I think we saw shows 6 out of 7 nights.

This time around, we'll likely only see 3 shows, leaving far more free time to do whatever in the evenings.

Part of the problem we ran into, however, is that we hoped to do some of the non-reservation game shows instead, like Battle of the Sexes, that 60 second one, etc. that take place in the smaller venues but our ship was so overfull that we couldn't always get in unless we showed up 45 min to an hour early. So it wasn't always the plan to hang out in the WJ but I ended up enjoying my time there. 

9 minutes ago, jbrinkm said:

Part of the problem we ran into, however, is that we hoped to do some of the non-reservation game shows instead, like Battle of the Sexes, that 60 second one, etc. that take place in the smaller venues but our ship was so overfull that we couldn't always get in unless we showed up 45 min to an hour early. So it wasn't always the plan to hang out in the WJ but I ended up enjoying my time there. 

I hear ya. Some of the trivias on Wonder were like that. We sat on the floor of Spotlight Karaoke (On-Air on other Oasis class ships) once or twice, the Schooner Bar fills up, etc.

Oasis class is by far my favorite but one thing we did enjoy when we went back on Indy a couple years ago was the Star Lounge being used for some of those game show type events. Sometimes we just grabbed a small table in the back near the bar and watched the chaos while having a drink.

On 3/6/2024 at 6:02 AM, OCSC Mike said:

I used to do this religiously. May skip a night here or there depending on plans but I still like to pop in just to see what the WJ has each night. Never know when you might find something different or interesting to try. I'm also rarely full from the MDR as I find the portions small (yes, I could order more) but it's fine.

I hadn't considered this.  Brilliant!  

I've done it a couple times when the desserts in the MDR aren't hitting for me and I know Windjammer almost always has cookies or at least one cake that I'll like. Haven't gone for a full meal or even nibbles after because usually by the time I want that WJ is closed and it's the long sorrentos line for me hahaha

• 2 weeks later...