Jump to content
Royal Caribbean Blog

RCCL Next Cruise Program


Recommended Posts

HI All,

I was reading about Royals Next Cruise program (I believe Matt posted the update) it seemed many many people were unhappy.  But the way I read it, they are now offering both Non-refundable and Refundable onboard now but the OBC weren't as good. Can someone confirm for me? After reading all comments I think I can wait till back on land or try another cruise line.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Brian's correct, also On Board credit, people were booking multiple cruises and applying the OBC to the cruise they were on and then cancelling the cruises later.

Mine is personal preference, I don't always use a TA, so sometimes I like to pick the brain of the Next Cruise person I'm dealing with. I also don't typically cancel a cruise either, I may move the dates to fit my schedule though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tiny260 said:

Brian's correct, also On Board credit, people were booking multiple cruises and applying the OBC to the cruise they were on and then cancelling the cruises later.

Mine is personal preference, I don't always use a TA, so sometimes I like to pick the brain of the Next Cruise person I'm dealing with. I also don't typically cancel a cruise either, I may move the dates to fit my schedule though.

Oh so the OBC was available for their current cruise, then cancelled the cruise later? Well you really can't blame them. That was not a win/win situation. Thank you!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Boston Babe said:

Oh so the OBC was available for their current cruise, then cancelled the cruise later? Well you really can't blame them. That was not a win/win situation. Thank you!!

The OBC would be offset by the deposit. So if you cancelled, you would not received that amount back as part of your deposit. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Boston Babe said:

Oh so the OBC was available for their current cruise, then cancelled the cruise later? Well you really can't blame them. That was not a win/win situation. Thank you!!

Except you forfeited your deposit if you did that so you didn't really win anything ... put down $50 deposit, received $50 OBC, cancelled cruise, received no refund. Net result spent $50 to get $50.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest toodle68

The one advantage we found with Next Cruise was sitting down with an agent.  We had spent ages researching trying to get two rooms of different classes near each other and could not. We then went to Next Cruise and they found perfect rooms inside a couple of minutes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, DocLC said:

The OBC would be offset by the deposit. So if you cancelled, you would not received that amount back as part of your deposit. 

 

1 hour ago, jticarruthers said:

Except you forfeited your deposit if you did that so you didn't really win anything ... put down $50 deposit, received $50 OBC, cancelled cruise, received no refund. Net result spent $50 to get $50.

Agree with the above.  I started to use next cruise primarily for the reduced deposit.  I feel I burned the last time with the next cruise manager giving false info regarding all obc following your booking if you later change.  So I wasn't going to use next cruise moving forward anyway. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2017 at 0:02 PM, Boston Babe said:

HI All,

I was reading about Royals Next Cruise program (I believe Matt posted the update) it seemed many many people were unhappy.  But the way I read it, they are now offering both Non-refundable and Refundable onboard now but the OBC weren't as good. Can someone confirm for me? After reading all comments I think I can wait till back on land or try another cruise line.  

I don't like the new Next cruise program either. Just recently on the Explorer the Next Cruise team was giving away 6 free bingo cards if you booked a cruise, They had a desk setup in the RP half the time it looked busy the other half empty. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, RoyalLaker said:

I don't like the new Next cruise program either. Just recently on the Explorer the Next Cruise team was giving away 6 free bingo cards if you booked a cruise, They had a desk setup in the RP half the time it looked busy the other half empty. 

6 Free Bingo cards?????  Seriously?????? LMAO!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well with those bingo cards you could win a cruise or some cash/obc (based on the bingo I have played on Royal) but I am guessing booking onboard will be way down.

 

I didn't find it that convenient the hours and it usually booked up fairly quickly.

 

I liked though the chance to talk to someone and chat and could chose when you wanted to use the OBC so it was a win win.....imho

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/24/2017 at 10:21 PM, RoyalLaker said:

I don't like the new Next cruise program either. Just recently on the Explorer the Next Cruise team was giving away 6 free bingo cards if you booked a cruise, They had a desk setup in the RP half the time it looked busy the other half empty. 

Hey, can't blame them for trying SOMETHING!  It's home office's decision that has tied their hands.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was just on Oasis two weeks ago.  We went to NextCruise and talked to a very nice man, who really gave us no compelling reason to book anything.

One good thing about NextCruise is you can run through a lot of Itineraries and ships very quickly.  This really helps narrow the scope of your search and proved booking early saves the most money.

Ultimately the cruise we wanted wasn't available yet (Allure Summer 2019).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...