New service SOTS? Luggage taken to airport for us

I’m not sure this is new but it wasn’t offered last time I sailed symphony. You can sign up and have symphony pick up your luggage and transport to the airport for you. 

we have a debarkation transfer to airport. We pay additional 29$ pp for this luggage service. we give them our flight information. They give us luggage tags (we pay royal for those fees too) and the night before debarkation they pick up luggage and the next time we see it is on the bag carousel once we land back at home.

i know it’s not for everyone, but will fill a big need for some in our group whose flight leaves late in day - and would be dragging and babysitting suitcases. 

It is called luggage valet and its not really new.  It was a service offered on many ships from many ports.  The service was a victim of the pandemic, but there have been reports of it making a resurgence in recent weeks.

Its a very convenient offering, we took advantage of it often in the past.

Luggage Valet was an awesome service when it was complimentary for suites.  We always used it when we were still flying to cruises.  I think it's probably still a good service, but unfortunately, not complimentary for suites any longer, Alaska notwithstanding.  If I were flying, I would probably still pay for it.

This was offered on my Odyssey sailing last week, first time I ever recall it being offered.  The big caveat is that your flight must be after 11AM (ours was exactly at 11AM), otherwise I may have considered it, especially since we were self-assisting and it can be challenging with multiple large suitcases.

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, monctonguy said:

Is there something similar offered when doing a B2B....well i am doing a BEB but Miami, then FLL.....is there a shuttle or luggage service that would take us and/or luggage to FLL and idea on cost?

Usually you can ask at Guest Services or you can ask your TA to add an airport transfer to the second leg of your cruise.  Out of Port of Miami they will offer shuttles to both Miami and Ft. Lauderdale airports.  I have never used them, so I can't say what the cost would be but usually if there's more than one person involved, it's cheaper and more time efficient to get an Uber/Lyft after the cruise.