Odd Question

Are the ceilings in the bathrooms metal to use magnetic hooks? I have always used them in the room but never in the bathroom. Considering taking a half shower curtain with magnetic hooks for the shower/tub in a Jr Suite on Symphony. It has a partial glass door but last cruise I had water on the floor numerous times. 

1 hour ago, Rory said:

Are the ceilings in the bathrooms metal to use magnetic hooks? I have always used them in the room but never in the bathroom. Considering taking a half shower curtain with magnetic hooks for the shower/tub in a Jr Suite on Symphony. It has a partial glass door but last cruise I had water on the floor numerous times. 

Yes.  I use hooks on the ceiling in the bathroom to hang my folding cosmetics bag.  Works great

Let me add this:  The reason I said hooks is b/c I have 2 smaller hooks that I squeeze together rather than using 1 big hook.  I find the big magnetic hooks to be very difficult to maneuver.  I have found (after lots of experimentation) that I am better off with 2 smaller hooks than with 1 big hook.  This is for the CEILING.  If I have something even remotely heavy that I must hang on a wall, I am forced to use the bigger hooks or the heavy hanging item will slide down the face of the wall.  I avoid hanging anything of any real weight on the wall for this reason.  I have found that I am far better off hanging something from the ceiling than on the wall.

On 1/31/2024 at 12:54 PM, Rory said:

This is a great idea, btw.

On 1/31/2024 at 11:54 AM, Rory said:

I literally have hooks in my amazon cart specifically for this exact same reason. Hooks and a dollar tree shower curtain that we can trash at the end.

We didn't get water on the floor too much but it did happen often enough to be annoying. A pile of 4 towels on the floor because it just kept being wet felt SO wasteful

• 1 month later...
44 minutes ago, RestingBird said:

Just the info I was looking for!  I'm hoping to hang a curtain from the ceiling to divide our room for the kids at night.

Yep- this is a hack a lot of parents use. It works great if a kid needs a nap or darkness so the parents can still relax without walking around in the dark. 

I have sailed on Harmony, Oasis, Independence, Odyssey, and Serenade in the last few years - all of them have had metal ceilings in the bathrooms.

We hang our bathing suits in there across a few hooks to spread them out around the ceiling vent to promote airflow to dry them out - they fare better there than over the string clothesline