Two sisters sailing on Harmony November 12-18 2023

Cruisin and Boozin

1 hour ago, Jax said:

Following as we sail HM Dec 24th in #9730. 

See that shrimp in @Cruisin and Boozin's Wonderland pictures? It's called Mad Hatter's Potted Shrimp. That's the one I was telling you about. It makes for a great sail away snack. Marla introduced us to it on HM in March 2023, and she sent several plates of those over the sailing after hearing how much Hubby loved it. Then we asked for those on Wonder as well. Give it try, they are good.

3 hours ago, Cruisin and Boozin said:

Try to catch up now internet wifi has been down the entire ship.

Last December we were in #8730 and wifi was not great in our suite.  It really limited the amount of pictures I was able to post on my blog.  Other areas on the ship were much better.  I was hoping things may have improved for our upcoming sailing. 🤞🤞

1 hour ago, Cruisin and Boozin said:

jax @Lovetocruise2002 the shrimp is the only thing edible  and it is indeed great!

Up until now we have avoided Wonderland as the concept doesn’t appeal to us but I plan for us to go there for dessert next month.  

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

It's called Mad Hatter's Potted Shrimp. That's the one I was telling you about. It makes for a great sail away snack. Marla introduced us to it on HM in March 2023, and she sent several plates of those over the sailing after hearing how much Hubby loved it. Then we asked for those on Wonder as well. Give it try, they are good.

I’m on it! I will surprise Lindsay as he is the only shrimp eater among us.  

58 minutes ago, Jax said:

Up until now we have avoided Wonderland as the concept doesn’t appeal to us but I plan for us to go there for dessert next month.  

I’m on it! I will surprise Lindsay as he is the only shrimp eater among us.  

You can go there for just dessert? (and/or drinks?) Is that with the UDP or self pay? Do you have to make a reservation ahead of time, or is it a situation where you just show up and ask?

1 hour ago, DDaley said:

I was so jealous of people around us being served the deviled eggs! Our server chose the weirdest apps to bring us. Please Royal, let the people choose their own appetizers!

I love the shrimp and liquid lobster, I was looking forward to the devilled eggs, but the smoke that came out after the top was lifted was making us choke and our eyes water a bit.  We're not particularly sensitive to smoke, but it kind of ruined the eggs

6 minutes ago, jbrinkm said:

You can go there for just dessert? (and/or drinks?) Is that with the UDP or self pay? Do you have to make a reservation ahead of time, or is it a situation where you just show up and ask?

Yes, our genie will schedule this.  I am not much help as we have only cruised star class so I have no idea how to actually do this myself.  Lol #starclassbubble

16 minutes ago, jbrinkm said:

drinks?

Anyone can go to the bar there for drinks. They even let peasants who stay in interiors drink there.

(I think most of the regulars know that was a self-deprecating joke about myself but just in case anyone didn't, now they do.)

2 minutes ago, jbrinkm said:

"Peasant Mike" - do you know if you can order dessert at the bar? 

Hey, just because I called myself a peasant doesn't mean you can! 🤣

I do not know about that, sorry. Pretty sure it's not an advertised option like a la carte options at Mason Jar late night or Giovanni's Wine Bar. I tend to notice the food options.

4 hours ago, Jax said:

I was hoping things may have improved for our upcoming sailing. 🤞🤞

It may have improved but the weather has been rainy. Also I see a storm brewing south of us that might have caused us issues. It was the entire ship which was causing communication issues for ship too so genie ask for us to contact her on house ship phone.

8 hours ago, Cruisin and Boozin said:

She is one and done.

I am with Rene. Lol  We are not adventurous eaters so the concept doesn’t appeal to us. I recently mentioned to @Lovetocruise2002 that I was going to embrace new experiences next month; one of which will be to eat dessert at Wonderland and order the shrimp for hubby. We have friends cruising with us that have tried to talk us into eating a meal there but my compromise is to join them for dessert. I really want to try that round dessert that melts…no idea what it is called but I have heard good things.  

7 minutes ago, Jax said:

I am with Rene. Lol  We are not adventurous eaters so the concept doesn’t appeal to us. I recently mentioned to @Lovetocruise2002 that I was going to embrace new experiences next month; one of which will be to eat dessert at Wonderland and order the shrimp for hubby. We have friends cruising with us that have tried to talk us into eating a meal there but my compromise is to join them for dessert. I really want to try that round dessert that melts…no idea what it is called but I have heard good things.  

Truthfully, I am not a fan of Wonderland either. We've done it twice and I don't really feel the need to do it again. The World dessert is good, but it's very sweet. And now that we have discovered the shrimp, we just get that delivered as an appetizer or snack.

On 11/15/2023 at 1:58 PM, jbrinkm said:

Before COVID we went to Wonderland just for dessert.  That was back in the UDP days for us and we had no problem getting a table just for dessert.  Seems to me like it was around 8PM but I’m not sure about the time.  Don’t recall which ship…and who knows if they still permit it.  It was fun and different and the ONLY thing that would ever get me back into a Wonderland restaurant.