Harmony November 5th 2023 Giraffe Star Cluster

AlmondFarmer

Flying from California to Houston Hobby today. Board Harmony tomorrow. 36 people in group. Most booked when itinerary released in March 2022. 5 Star class suites and two Sky class suites. One family in balcony.

I titled live blog “Giraffe Star cluster” because if one draws lines between Star suites to be occupied by group the image takes the shape of a giraffe….sort of.

I’m gonna skip the usual pre cruise stuff because it has been the standard Star class communication. Genie sent WhatsApp contact info this morning. 
Week dining and activity schedule set. 

Doing standard Galveston 7 night Oasis class loop. Did same in January 2023 on Allure. Different shore activities lined up.  Going again on Harmony Feb 2025 with 6 Star suites. My family prefers sailing out of Florida but 3.5 hour flight is nice compared to 6 hours. 
A1 two bedroom Aqua suite for my family or 5. Twin boys almost 9 and daughter turning 7 during sailing. Genie arranging a party for her.

I will effort to post info and pictures during sailing and try to answer questions. 

Finished almond harvest a week ago. 15 beers spread out over the 70 days. Seeing that this is my daily goal, I’ve told my liver to buckle up. 

Stayed at Holiday Inn in Webster. Good place, but I don’t feel it earned photo posts. 
Uber pickup scheduled for 8:45am, with expected arrival at pier ten at 9:35. Genie contact asked us to arrive at 10am for boarding. 
Amazing gathering of all going on cruise last night. A friend from graduate school recently built a new house on the water. Kids had fun running around and parents started their Star class drink packages (I didn’t get a bill and the end of the night) Hotel gym for a good booze sweat then to try the award winning breakfast in hotel lobby. Lots of food options within walking distance if award was given in error. 

Cruise has been fun. Spent sea days doing activities around the ship.

First port day today in Roatan. Group went to Maya Key. I highly recommend this for families with kids. Boat to island departs right by ship so one does not need to venture out. 10 minute ride to island. Nice beach and included lunch. Drinks for purchase. Beer buckets of 6 are $20. 

Costa Maya was awesome. Maya Chan is a good choice for groups with children. Only downside is lengthy drive on rough road. 
Food and drink are excellent. Service top notch.

Today in Cozumel. Going to pyramids and beach. Hoping for my daughters birthday she gets to sacrifice a goat on top of pyramid. 

1 hour ago, AlmondFarmer said:

Maya Chan is a good choice for groups with children. Only downside is lengthy drive on rough road. 
Food and drink are excellent. Service top notch.

we loved maya chan!! that drive was rough (i am prone to motion sickness) but well worth it in the end 💚 glad you had an amazing time!!

agree with you about the food and drinks being excellent and they took SUCH great care of us!