Early Boarding Question??

CJS2766

Hello all!

Looking forward to our upcoming cruise on Oct 15! I have 2 questions though? What do you experienced cruisers do with your carry ons when you board early? I want to maximize my experience of early boarding since this will be our first time in a Suite. Since we do not have access to our rooms until later in the day, I really hate the idea of having to keep an eye on my backpack with all my important docs and misc. Is there an area where we can check it in? I'd love to hang by the pool and not worry about it.

Second question? I assume I need to make reservations as soon as we board for access to the Coastal Kitchen? We'd like to eat there as much as possible if it's a better option than the MDR? Opinions on this? We are not doing any specialty restaurants this time around.

Thank you all!!!

1 hour ago, CJS2766 said:

if it's a better option than the MDR? Opinions on this?

Night and day IMO. Some of our CK meals were excellent, others not as amazing, but significantly better than the MDR IMO.

Throw in the atmosphere and the service which is usually excellent and I wouldn't go near the MDR if you're in a full suite.

Just one man's opinion, obviously. Food is of course very subjective.

1 hour ago, CJS2766 said:

Hello all!

Looking forward to our upcoming cruise on Oct 15! I have 2 questions though? What do you experienced cruisers do with your carry ons when you board early? I want to maximize my experience of early boarding since this will be our first time in a Suite. Since we do not have access to our rooms until later in the day, I really hate the idea of having to keep an eye on my backpack with all my important docs and misc. Is there an area where we can check it in? I'd love to hang by the pool and not worry about it.

Second question? I assume I need to make reservations as soon as we board for access to the Coastal Kitchen? We'd like to eat there as much as possible if it's a better option than the MDR? Opinions on this? We are not doing any specialty restaurants this time around.

Thank you all!!!

You will not be alone.  Many other passengers will be carrying and watching their carry-on luggage.  Just use common sense; if having lunch and you are a party of two, get your food one at a time while the other person stays with the luggage.

3 hours ago, smakl70 said:

When the concierge send their welcome e-mail, about 5 days before boarding, just let them know the Coastal Kitchen reservations you'd like and they will make them for you.  As long as you're not in a Jr suite, those you would have to make yourself.

We are in a Junior Suite. Therefore, who would we go to to make CK reservations?

On 9/27/2023 at 12:01 PM, CJS2766 said:

We are in a Junior Suite. Therefore, who would we go to to make CK reservations?

Last year on Odyssey we were also in a JS and would go to CK almost every night. We did the MDR once and never went back, the other times we were in specialty restaurants. We would reserve the next night's supper with the host when we left CK and never had an issue. You will love CK!

On 9/27/2023 at 9:28 PM, Ryan79 said:

The only way to check in carry-on luggage is to purchase the Key. Otherwise it’s your job to carry around and look after your own luggage until your room opens.

We have done the Key several times which makes it so nice that they put our bags in our room before we are allowed in there.

On 9/27/2023 at 11:01 AM, CJS2766 said:

You will have to see the maitre D / host at the CK check in stand.  Most likely you will only be able to make one reservation at a time.  Sometimes after dinner for the next night, sometime the morning of.

I varies widely depending on Ship, Host and numerous of people on-board wanting to eat there that week / day.