The Cruise I Said Wouldn’t Happen - Allure Star Class, September 10-17

Rags1

9 hours ago, Babsy47 said:

Thank you for taking the time to blog during your amazing trip!  I booked that suite for a trip in the spring with DS, DIL and two little grandkids.  I’m wondering if there is a bed or pullout in the living area for the little kids by chance?  

@Babsy47 you will love this room!  The sofa makes a large, comfortable bed. Melissa and Taylor share it so there’s plenty of room. We had a rollaway bed the first night but they say the sofa bed is much more comfortable!  Fair warning, you will never want to cruise any other way😂

Dinner last night at Izumi Hibachi was very tasty as usual.  We were booked to see Blue Planet but decided to skip it since none of us have enough class to appreciate it!  Had late night snacks and called it a night.  Breakfast on the balcony this morning overlooking the port in Cozumel. I think this is the first time here that the weather is pleasant enough to really enjoy the balcony. No plans for today but will go ashore for a bit. 
Our block was waiting in the room last night.  I’m happy that we received it on our favorite ship!

5A61A68D-017E-47EC-B593-A5AEB62DF044.jpeg

Time to catch up a bit.  Melissa and I got off the ship at Cozumel and just spent time in the port area. Did the tourist thing and had some tacos and guacamole at Margaritaville.  Weather was nice enough so we spent some time on the balcony.

Dinner at chops.  Had the filet and whole lobster.  Both very good but the Sabrina Special in CK is still the best.  Show last night was in the aqua Theater.  Always amazed with the athletic skills of those men and women.

After the show we headed up to the suite to once again spend some time with our friends, MO5AIC.  Happened to be Heath’s birthday so we celebrated with a cake, some snacks and of course some drinks. Jay knows them well so he popped in also.  Just like last year it was two hours of laughter!  Just before 11 the guys and girls decided to go to Quest.  Stacy and I said we’d stay in the suite and let the younger ones party.  Shortly after they left I found a cell phone belonging to one of the guys. I texted Taylor and she asked if we could bring it down.  We went and found the group and went back to the room.  NOT.  I Think I was set up. Sometime around 3 am we said ourgoodnight and headed back to the suite.

5771B076-DA05-4527-A188-9569699A0002.jpeg

D81153C1-EF8B-4983-A3DE-2125ABB4F8F6.jpeg

B66014B6-AB40-4C75-8F86-63272AA9E9CB.jpeg

47F8FDBC-1B38-4EE2-A838-87BF0E4E32A4.jpeg

EE1733F3-D935-4AB9-9C18-40C18B4580D7.jpeg

0E6075E2-35EF-463C-AEAB-384E7EE4A9B5.jpeg

201FA924-22C2-41A8-BCEF-5EE0EF6581C5.jpeg

94FDAE8F-D91D-4BEB-91E2-B446AB8EBAC7.jpeg

0D0CDED6-0AC2-42D0-B050-C737847FE439.jpeg

5A1230BA-EB57-47C7-ACC6-A516CD64DC81.jpeg

3F18C4B1-2568-4346-AAF2-CCC819C039DB.jpeg

BE4D662A-D089-49C7-992E-891E2F1C51D2.jpeg

B365C591-0BD1-468D-ACD1-EA55C238CC37.jpeg

96EFA884-F4B2-4607-9BE5-13DF69C79137.jpeg

6FDA85B2-D9BA-49F9-B4ED-0B8631D2B72B.jpeg

3DA3F1CD-50A2-45E7-9829-14B2E1071021.jpeg

DEC0370B-F53D-430E-9AC8-36EA8A6D277B.jpeg

Somehow after a very late night I actually made it to the cupcake decorating class at 10 am.  (None of the other hard partiers answered the bell😂). Lusi taught us how to make a dog.  I actually could have used the hair of the dog!  Here’s my cupcake dog next to Lusi’s.  Not hard to guess who’s is who’s!

After class I met Stacy at, sit down now @Lovetocruise2002, the Windjammer for a bite. Then we met the kids at Sabor for some guacamole. Enjoyed watching all the little ones at the final day family party on the boardwalk.  Then down to the Promenade to buy an Allure shirt for me and get Starbucks for the girls. Now a little chill time until 5:30 when we may have another guest up for a little sushi😎

Dinner tonight at 8 back in Giovanni’s for the “last supper” before our return to reality. Speaking of reality I received an email from the County requesting I submit documents that I sent them a long time ago. I just said no.  Check.  Your move.  Thursday morning I received approval to open!

022FA4F5-3989-48A6-A6C5-1292209F477E.jpeg

YAYAYAYAYAYAY YOU GOT APPROVAL TO OPEN!!!!!!!

HERE WE GO!!!!!!

2 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

In the words of @asquared17, "I CAN'T EVEN...." LOL

And in the words of @SweetPea, "I really want to cruise with you guys!"

i laughed harder than i should have at this 😆 

my taglines: truffles, falling down stairs, tomato hatred, “i can’t even” 😂

Our guest arrived at 5:30!  After a tour of the suite, and a few selfies, we shared a meal of sushi and learned much more about Lusi. She is an amazing, gracious lady who loves to talk and laugh. 
After his other guests were accommodated we met Jay for our last dinner here at Giovanni's. Another fun hour grilling him for dirt!😂. Learned a lot more of his past experiences and future goals. He's a gem for sure. Melissa received another birthday cake tonight with the correct name on it😂

IMG_0975.jpeg

IMG_0973.jpeg

IMG_0977.jpeg

IMG_0981.jpeg

IMG_0983.jpeg

IMG_0984.jpeg

IMG_0986.jpeg

IMG_0989.jpeg

IMG_0992.jpeg

IMG_0995.jpeg

IMG_0998.jpeg

12 hours ago, SweetPea said:

It's official. My blog will be a bedtime reading sleep aid after this nonstop 🥳!

11 hours ago, Rags1 said:

You're blog will be awesome!

Both your blogs are, and will be awesome! You both have a hilarious writing style. That's what makes them awesome! 

Thank you for taking us along another great one @Rags1. Congrats on the restaurant, and one day, maybe we can sail together! I would love that. You and the fam seem like genuinely good people, and I would say that Jay and Lusi are just as lucky to have you guys!

And @SweetPea, you're next. We are all counting on it! 

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Both your blogs are, and will be awesome! You both have a hilarious writing style. That's what makes them awesome! 

Thank you for taking us along another great one @Rags1. Congrats on the restaurant, and one day, maybe we can sail together! I would love that. You and the fam seem like genuinely good people, and I would say that Jay and Lusi are just as lucky to have you guys!

And @SweetPea, you're next. We are all counting on it! 

Yeah @SweetPea, what she said!  Can't wait!

Thanks for the kind words @Lovetocruise2002!  It'd be a hoot to cruise together

Made it to Las Vegas. Plane change and a short hop home. Crew picked up our luggage at 0630. Breakfast in CK. Jay met us in the room about 8:50 and we were on the curb about 10 minutes later. Same car service as last week whisked us off to the airport. Had a snack from a business claiming to sell Chinese food. Routine flight in to Vegas stuffed full of Southwest’s yummy snack bags. Girls having fresh pretzels now. I’m waiting till I get home and make a fresh pizza!  
I’m telling you, these goodbyes with the Genies are just getting harder!  I may or may not have emailed Royal that I might not even cruise in the future if Jay isn’t aboard!😂. I’ll have more to share about him after I’m home. But for now I’ll just sit here at my gate, staring at a Burger King, and process those visions in my head of some strange people leaving 1740 on their way to CK for filet night. It’s not a good feeling😎

Funny Krazy Lobster tidbit. While waiting for Taylor to get her braids I asked the Manager if they sold Krazy Lobster shirts. He said sure and brought out both a black one and a yellow one. I bought them. Last night when I was packing I noticed that on the sleeve of each shirt it says “Staff!”😂😂