tipping on back-to-back cruises

So we're excited to be doing our first back-to-back cruises soon and started wondering about tipping.  We think that if our room steward, waiters, bartenders, etc. remain the same for both cruises we will wait until the end of the trip to tip.  We'll be sure to let them know that we're staying on for a second cruise.  How do others who have done B2B handle this?  Thanks for your thoughts.

We always, always, always tip as we go.  We have learned over the years that you can never depend on having the same staff from day-to-day or meal-to-meal.  We’ve had room stewards change in the middle of a sailing.  You just never know so we tip as we go along…at every meal and with very drink we receive.  On our last B2B (SY) our room steward changed decks on the second leg of our B2B.  Good thing we had tipped her before the end of leg #1.

The last thing I want to do when trying to “wrap things up” is go try and find someone to give them a tip.

Wow, I had not considered tipping as you do WAAYTOOO.  Something to consider.  We do recall a drink server in the Suite Lounge once telling us that the following week he would be moving to a different location on the ship.  And another crew member was leaving for some time off.  Now you have me rethinking this.  Thanks.

We just finished a b2b on Oasis - 9 days, then 7 days. Did MDR 1ar week, UDP 2nd. Tipped MDR staff (although we were underwhelmed with the service, do on the lower end), and at each specialty restaurant nightly. Tipped our cabin steward at the end of each leg. We were on deck 8, so I got an iced latte every morning at Park Cafe. Same server, & near the end of the 1st cruise, he had my order memorized, so I tipped him on turnaround day. Then, when I showed up for the 2nd week, he always looked for me and started writing up my cup before I said anything, and he got tipped again at the end. 

I always tip my room attendant on the next to last day of both legs. Even though I stay in the same cabin.
As @WAAAYTOOOnoted, sometimes the attendants switch areas each cruise. I also tell my attendant to let me know if he/she is going to be moved mid-cruise so I can tip before they switch. 
I also tip my restaurant waiter and assistant each day. It’s easier for me and guarantees individualized service rather than hoping for the best and then tipping at the end. I’ll tip the MDR manager on the last day of each leg. Sometimes the managers change areas inside the restaurant each cruise and I don’t want to have to track him/her down. 
I also tip each drink…in cash. Makes it easier to just bring small bills and hand them out each time. Even if I have more than one drink, I’ll tip each time because I don’t know if the bartender or drink server changes in between.

I tip as I go.

I did a B2B where I had the same room, though not the same room attendant as they changed her for the second leg. So had I waited, she would have not gotten a tip. I do MTD and even though I eat at the same time, I have never had the same waiter because as a solo, they often put me at whatever table is available. I also do UDP for at least one sailing. 

I say that to say don't assume that you will have the same anything, it could be possible for the first week to be the end of a contract. 

On our one and only Star class sailing our cabin host was amazing, really working in tangent with the Genie. Albeit the gratuity for her was "included" with the higher cost of said cabin, we felt she was deserving of an additional monetary gift.  2 nights before debarkation, we saw her in the hallway, "training" another host for our cabin. We actually knew the second young lady from another sailing. We stopped & chatted to find out our host for the week was finished that evening as her contract had ended & she was going to pack the next day get everything in order & leave the day we did. I would have been so upset as she was most gracious. We went right back in the cabin & grabbed the thank you card we had brought on board with us and placed her well-deserved gift within. I then gave it to her in the hallway that very evening with a huge hug, so appreciative that the universe works in mysterious ways. I would have felt ugly if she had left without saying goodbye. 

So, like@WAAAYTOOO stated, especially when we B2B we tip along the way if warranted. We don't do it with future expectations in mind but for amazing service we are receiving there & then. Enjoy your sailings, I love B2B's.

All of the previous posts include such good information.  It makes me totally rethink our tipping plan.  Thanks to all for your input.  Very helpful.  Granted, we pre-pay our tips, but we always feel that we want to give more.  We are fortunate that we can take such nice trips, and the crew work very hard to make our cruises enjoyable.

My tipping comes from having my son cruising with me that I knew would leave messes I did not see for the cabin steward.  Now that he is grown, I still tip the same way.  I give the cabin steward a tip at the beginning of the cruise and in the past would apologies for my sons' messes in advance.  Now I just give the tip in advance and let them know what I like and dislike.  On B2B cruises I do this for both legs of the cruise.  The dining room staff gets tipped after I get the service.  I worked in a lot of food service and some of the time I way over tip for good service and other times the base gratuity is all they earn.

We do B2B cruises all the time.  Most cruises in fact.  I always tip room stewart after each leg, and usually give them a tip the first day too.  The cabin stewarts can be changed at any time, and he/she may not know in advance.  Same with dining.  The table you had assigned for week 1 may change for week 2.  If it is the same table the wait staff is likely to rotate.  Tip as you go.  I always do.  And then never have to be concerned about it later.