Popcorn $$

On 8/21/2023 at 3:18 PM, Ampurp85 said:

I don't think they charge for popcorn because it is messy. I have literally seen people so drunk they made their own confetti. I am sure they charge because the machine is small and possibly laborious. There is a cost associated with making it, so there is a charge.

It's SOOOO small! After hunting it down for a couple days last year on allure, we finally were in line to get it during intermission for Mama Mia and ended up not being able to get it because intermission was ending and the line was moving at a crawl because one of the machines was broken and the one they were using was empty after every 3 or 4 bags T_T We ended up going to the ice show early and being able to get some then when there was no line.

1 hour ago, WAYNO said:

Help me to understand...

Folks will jump ship before they'll pay for their popcorn.  But then they say they hate the popcorn anyway. 

What's Royal to do to please everybody? 

i come to this forum every day to read folks pretty much hate everything about Royal, and cruising in general.😀

Let's get to the root of the issue then: the problem with Royal Caribbean's popcorn is how Royal Caribbean spells Caribbean. I mean, can't they do something more hip, like KharryBehan? I'd totally sail Royal KharryBehan. Popcorn shmopcorn, GIVE ME A HIP SPELLING.

#firstworldcomplaints 🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, WAYNO said:

748e5a.jpg

Help me to understand...

Folks will jump ship before they'll pay for their popcorn.  But then they say they hate the popcorn anyway. 

What's Royal to do to please everybody? 

i come to this forum every day to read folks pretty much hate everything about Royal, and cruising in general.😀

Lol these first-world problems are insane. OP never explained the way worse things that occurred on their cruise, but the popcorn was the proverbial straw. 

I am just amazed at how people complain of cruise companies' nickel and diming but see no issue with theme parks, hotels, airlines, restaurants, and grocery stores doing the same thing. 

I don't think anyone is really concerned about popcorn. It's more that Royal Caribbean is slowly exiting cruise industry and becoming more of a ferry service. 

ie, Would I expect to be charged for popcorn on a cruise, heck no that stuff is dirt cheap. On a ferry, of course because I expect nothing more than the ship to get me from point A to B. Popcorn is one of many recent changes in that direction...

14 hours ago, Heymarco said:

I don't think anyone is really concerned about popcorn. It's more that Royal Caribbean is slowly exiting cruise industry and becoming more of a ferry service. 

ie, Would I expect to be charged for popcorn on a cruise, heck no that stuff is dirt cheap. On a ferry, of course because I expect nothing more than the ship to get me from point A to B. Popcorn is one of many recent changes in that direction...

Charging for popcorn is not a recent change, and most mainstream lines charge for it. 

On 8/27/2023 at 11:20 PM, Heymarco said:

And, again, it's not a revenue driver for the cruise line.  It's a deterrent.  

On 8/21/2023 at 4:13 PM, SpeedNoodles said:

I'd totally charge for popcorn because it's a fracking mess.  

Also, I check my folio at least every other day, if not every day.

Same here. Mistakes happen and usually they are very quick to correct any issues. I'm sure most of us have had some sort of folio discrepancy over the years.

6 hours ago, Heymarco said:

And the popcorn charges continue...

https://cruisespotlight.com/celebritys-all-included-package-now-includes-less-costing-you-more/

Royal is working on trademarking Royal Caribbean Ferry Line as we speak. 😁

While it has nothing to do with popcorn or Royal Caribbean cruises, I prefer this article.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2023/08/30/celebrity-cruises-removes-gratuities-inclusive-package-and-makes-changes-retreat

Kind of a stretch to conflate these two things @Heymarco

Call it a ferry if you want, but I can certainly enjoy my cruises along with the choice to spend some pocket change on popcorn or not spend it.

On 9/1/2023 at 3:57 AM, Xaa said:

Call it a ferry if you want, but I can certainly enjoy my cruises along with the choice to spend some pocket change on popcorn or not spend it.

What the difference between a cruise and a ferry? Again, less and less.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/transportation/beer-and-popcorn-to-return-to-wa-ferries/