Unable to log in from any device

36 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Ok, I made a thread a while back that I couldn't log in on just my new laptop. Every other device is fine. This morning I can't log in from my phone, on the website and the app. 

Anyone else having this issue? Royal Caribbean website maintenance perhaps? Strange it's the app as well though. 

Just saw someone post about this on Reddit, as well...but seems people are getting in now, so may have just been down for a bit

• RCIfan1912 changed the title to Unable to log in from any device

I’m cruising to Greenland on the Jewel from Port Liberty on September 14th. It’s apparently a very popular cruise and many regular RC cruisers are booked. Check in opened last night at midnight.

There are a few social media groups for this sailing with lots of cruisers, and the word is out that it’s a good idea to check in right at midnight to secure an earlier arrival time.

I was checking the app right before midnight and all seemed normal. Then, just at midnight…it shut down. Tried logging in on the website…nope! Tried the usual rebooting devices and reinstalling the app…nope!

Checked FB and found out it wasn’t just me. That the app and the website were down. Lots of comments from cruisers who all tried to log in at midnight. Some actually succeeded in starting the check in process, only to have it suddenly close them out.

I’m guessing we crashed the app and the site. Maybe, maybe not…but the timing sounds plausible.

Oops!

**at 5am EDT I was able to do my check in on the app…but was not able to choose an arrival time. As of now (845am) it still says to check back later for an arrival time.

16 hours ago, BrianB said:

I’m cruising to Greenland on the Jewel from Port Liberty on September 14th. It’s apparently a very popular cruise and many regular RC cruisers are booked. Check in opened last night at midnight.

There are a few social media groups for this sailing with lots of cruisers, and the word is out that it’s a good idea to check in right at midnight to secure an earlier arrival time.

I was checking the app right before midnight and all seemed normal. Then, just at midnight…it shut down. Tried logging in on the website…nope! Tried the usual rebooting devices and reinstalling the app…nope!

Checked FB and found out it wasn’t just me. That the app and the website were down. Lots of comments from cruisers who all tried to log in at midnight. Some actually succeeded in starting the check in process, only to have it suddenly close them out.

I’m guessing we crashed the app and the site. Maybe, maybe not…but the timing sounds plausible.

Oops!

**at 5am EDT I was able to do my check in on the app…but was not able to choose an arrival time. As of now (845am) it still says to check back later for an arrival time.

I’ll be on this sailing.  Still no check in available to select.

I found it interesting we could only use a passport for the paperwork portion. I’m so used to checking off naturalization papers to be able to select my time and going back and fixing it later. 

16 minutes ago, KevinK said:

There's some issue lately, I am able to log in any device, but since last week I am not able to log in from my work device, it kept saying 'We've got your info. However, we're unable to bring up your account right now, so please try again later.'

I had this happen and finally today I was able to get in the app and keep logged in on the website. Royal's IT is a mess. 

Last week, I opened the app (never log out of it), rather tried to. All that displayed was the terms of use. Repeatedly. No matter how many times I scrolled to click "accept", there it was again and again and again. Did the equivalent of a 'power off'. Uninstalled/reinstalled. All is good............until the next time.

🤪 

1 hour ago, SLM said:

@Geezer Of The Seas This issue has been reported recently on another thread and apparently only affects Android phones. The hack is to hit "Decline" instead of "Accept," and it lets you right in.  It happened to me, and I was glad I had noticed the thread.

That's the fix, that was the fix for me a few weeks back. 

• 4 months later...
43 minutes ago, Sunshine059 said:

Did anyone figure this out?  Just got a new lap top and now I am having this issue.  Both on lap top and desk top!    I can log in on my phone.   Very troubling.

Ok, I'll make this as quickly as I can. I got a new laptop a while back, probably over a year and since then I couldn't login to Royal Caribbean from that one brand new laptop. I could not figure it out to the point I had to login from a Chromebook I had but rarely used. I used that to login to Royal Caribbean. Then a few weeks ago I noticed I couldn't login to my work website either and I'm like huh that's strange. I got a message from my work website when trying to login that the time and date was incorrect. I was confused at what that would have to do with anything. 

Indeed the time and date was incorrect I guess from the factory. It was the wrong time zone and everything. I changed that to be correct and just like that I was able to login to Royal Caribbean and my employers website. Very, very strange but that's what ultimately fixed it for me. 😲 I'm still very confused why that was the issue. 😵‍💫

8 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Ok, I'll make this as quickly as I can. I got a new laptop a while back, probably over a year and since then I couldn't login to Royal Caribbean from that one brand new laptop. I could not figure it out to the point I had to login from a Chromebook I had but rarely used. I used that to login to Royal Caribbean. Then a few weeks ago I noticed I couldn't login to my work website either and I'm like huh that's strange. I got a message from my work website when trying to login that the time and date was incorrect. I was confused at what that would have to do with anything. 

Indeed the time and date was incorrect I guess from the factory. It was the wrong time zone and everything. I changed that to be correct and just like that I was able to login to Royal Caribbean and my employers website. Very, very strange but that's what ultimately fixed it for me. 😲 I'm still very confused why that was the issue. 😵‍💫

Since there's no way for the factory to know what time zone the laptop will ultimately be used in, the initial setup process for the operating system should prompt you to update your time zone.  That same step should also have asked you to confirm you want automatic time updates enabled and what time server to use.  (Generally, everyone is just going to think "huh?",  click OK to use the default, and then forget they were even asked because it will just work).  Having the correct time (to within acceptable network travel times) is a requirement for a secure login system.  When computers disagree about the time, the security assumption is that there could be another computer in the middle intercepting, looking at, possibly modifying, and then re-transmitting the data.  So rejecting your login is the correct behavior for a secure website.  Unfortunately, Royal's website didn't provide a useful error message to let you know what was wrong.  It's a good thing your employer's website was more helpful.  If I was in a position to help you with your computer, I would have wasted countless hours looking at this and I'm not even confident I would have been able to figure this out!

59 minutes ago, Atlantix2000 said:

Since there's no way for the factory to know what time zone the laptop will ultimately be used in, the initial setup process for the operating system should prompt you to update your time zone.  That same step should also have asked you to confirm you want automatic time updates enabled and what time server to use.  (Generally, everyone is just going to think "huh?",  click OK to use the default, and then forget they were even asked because it will just work).  Having the correct time (to within acceptable network travel times) is a requirement for a secure login system.  When computers disagree about the time, the security assumption is that there could be another computer in the middle intercepting, looking at, possibly modifying, and then re-transmitting the data.  So rejecting your login is the correct behavior for a secure website.  Unfortunately, Royal's website didn't provide a useful error message to let you know what was wrong.  It's a good thing your employer's website was more helpful.  If I was in a position to help you with your computer, I would have wasted countless hours looking at this and I'm not even confident I would have been able to figure this out!

Now that I think about it I think I did screw up the time and date when I first got it. I guess it was my fault but I had no idea it would screw up certain websites. 🤣 Be the computer illiterate I am I would never think that would prevent me from logging into those 2 websites. Every other website was fine. 🤣 At least it's fixed now and I some how stumbled onto the fix.