Suite Lounge Guests

There are two couples in our party with suites.  Our mother in law is in an ocean balcony cabin.  Would she be allowed to enter the suite lounge with us even if it’s just to enjoy the view and hang out? I know she cannot order anything to drink or get anything to eat, but would they be strict about having her just hang out there with us if we happen to be there?  I’m thinking the answer is no.  If not, no worries.  I just don’t want to do anything that is not allowed.  Thank you.

8 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

Do not do this in the email, ask when you board and take the results in stride.

And with that, be sure to acknowledge the concierge email even if you have no requests, and say something like "look forward to meeting you on the first night"

Always good to break the ice with the concierge before you board.

Suite guests typically have a letter in their suite upon boarding that lists all the suite benefits.  I think you'll find verbiage in the letter that specifically addresses this. 

By policy the answer is no and that should be the expected outcome.  Some suite concierges may allow it but you won't know until you ask as offered above.  Just understand if they say no that is because the policy is no.   

10 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

And with that, be sure to acknowledge the concierge email even if you have no requests, and say something like "look forward to meeting you on the first night"

Always good to break the ice with the concierge before you board.

will do.  We plan on asking for help with our dining package reservation.  Also, an odd question, but if we want coffee and cream in our room, do we ask the concierge or our room attendant?  We don't want the teas, decaf.  Just regular coffee and enough cream LOL.  thanks again! 

55 minutes ago, Coda_Sarah said:

will do.  We plan on asking for help with our dining package reservation.  Also, an odd question, but if we want coffee and cream in our room, do we ask the concierge or our room attendant?  We don't want the teas, decaf.  Just regular coffee and enough cream LOL.  thanks again! 

That's a better task for your stateroom attendant.

13 minutes ago, Coda_Sarah said:

Okay, thank you.  I knew there were machines in our room; I just wasn't sure who to ask for the coffee machine coffee and creamers. I'll ask the attendant.  Thanks!

You'll have coffee and creamer. If you need more per day than is in there, the room steward can take care of that.

3 minutes ago, Coda_Sarah said:

That’s exactly what we are looking to do.  Thanks for confirming!

As someone else noted, you have a coffee/espresso machine in the suite lounge, too. Bigger servings and much less likely to wake anyone in your cabin than what'd you get out of the suite machines. The Lavazza machines are loud

52 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

As someone else noted, you have a coffee/espresso machine in the suite lounge, too. Bigger servings and much less likely to wake anyone in your cabin than what'd you get out of the suite machines. The Lavazza machines are loud

good point.  We are staying in a crown loft suite and I believe we are close to the suite lounge too! 

36 minutes ago, Coda_Sarah said:

good point.  We are staying in a crown loft suite and I believe we are close to the suite lounge too! 

Oh, in that case, definitely head to the lounge! Whenever we stay on Deck 17, that is my morning routine. I wake earlier than the rest of the family. It's so easy to slip out, walk around the corner and use the machines. #teamDeck17

Doing my first cruise in Wonder's suite neighborhood and diamond status. Looking forward to being close to suite lounge and CK. First time going without deluxe or refreshment package.

We are also doing our 1st Diamond status cruise on Wonder in November in a Suite. Also will be our 1st time skipping the DBP. What's great is we'll be right around the corner from the Lounge so we can take advantage of the 11a-11p drink offerings. 

On the subject of bringing non-suiters in, @Coda_Sarah, we'll be traveling with 2 other couples that are in Junior Suites. Although we can dine with them in Coastal Kitchen some evenings, we won't be inviting them to hang out there, in fairness to others. We will be doing a B2B anyway, so we'll do all our hanging out in the Lounge on the 2nd leg. However, having said that, still check with the Suite Concierge because you never know, especially since it's only 1 person. When we were on Allure some years ago, the Concierge invited our whole party to have dinner one evening in Coastal Kitchen. It was very nice of him to accommodate us and there were about 10 of us. But I applaud your willingness to respect the policy. 

Thank you.  I hope the suite lounge is open early.  I am usually up around 7am or so.  I LOVE my morning coffee.  My routine was going up to the WJ or Cafe Promenade.  My brain is still in a fog and my only goal is “get the coffee, get the coffee….get back to the room….get back to the room” LOL!  

I didn’t think about going to the suite lounge for my morning coffee.  It is super close and I’m sure much more quiet LOL.  

I won’t put the concierge in a spot.  There are so many places on the ship.  I may ask if it’s okay to just show her the view so she can see the suite lounge view since I heard it’s beautiful there.  

Thanks to everyone for their input!  Oh and do you know what time the suite lounge opens for coffee?

I hope the suite lounge is open early.  I am usually up around 7am or so.  I LOVE my morning coffee.

It never actually closes. You can enter the room 24/7. 7am isn't really considered early. On Wonder last month they already had breakfast out by 7am so you'll be fine.

My wife and I get up very early most mornings. She used to go running (now walking) while I always head to the DL or SL, well before 7am, for my morning cappuccinos. The only thing that ever gets in my way is on some ships the coffee machine is offline for service overnight or being prepped in the early morning. This was not my experience on Wonder, however. They also have a brand new machine I hadn't seen before on other ships. I was a big fan.

Enjoy your coffee!

@Coda_Sarah OK, I must be missing something here. You have a room where your mother in law can't enter and you want to avoid it and instead go somewhere else? Why on earth would you do that. Go and spend every minute in there. Enjoy it, relax and occasionally think about your mother in law who has to stay outside. Alternatively you could also visit the suite sundeck - that should also be mother in law free for you.

@Coda_Sarah OK, I must be missing something here. You have a room where your mother in law can't enter and you want to avoid it and instead go somewhere else? Why on earth would you do that. Go and spend every minute in there. Enjoy it, relax and occasionally think about your mother in law who has to stay outside. Alternatively you could also visit the suite sundeck - that should also be mother in law free for you.

I think you are missing something.  We don't want to exclude her.  Having her come into the suite lounge with us would have been nice.  Yes, I want to spend time in the suite lounge, and I know I will be able to, but we just won't go into the suite lounge for parts of the cruise we will be spending together (a lot) with my MIL.  

@Coda_Sarah While the suite lounge is open 24/7, the espresso machine may not be functional the entire time. Some nights they take it apart to clean it. My husband is also  an early riser who is up by 5 even on vacation. We have had some cruises where he said the coffee machine has been in pieces still drying until 6am or so. If you are up at 7 it shouldn't be an issue though. He just asks the room steward for more coffee pods when that is the case, and he waits for the rest of us to get up to bother getting the fancier coffee in the lounge. You may want to swing by a bar before you go to bed for an extra bottle of water or two each night so you have some to put in the coffee pot. Even if you use the sink water (which is fine in our opinion) the bottle is easier to pour into the machine than using a glass.

Sometimes the machine is broken down completely for the week as they need parts for repair. If that is the case, they usually give you access to the diamond lounge to use their espresso machine.