C&A Combined points

Looking for clarity from ye ole (not old) wise ones out there on combined points with my spouse and I. We each have 32 sailings with her individual total being 320 points and mine being 318. My question is whether the points of each of our individual sailings (she has two separate and I have one separate) would be added to each other's total points? If they were added together we would have 336 points Her 320 points plus my 12 individual points or do they only show the highest total of the individual person? It is confusing on the website explanation and we are seeking wisdom going forward.

Yes and no.  Although you share status, points are not supposed to be shared.  But most of the time, they do anyway.  Then when you expect them to, they sometimes don't.  And when you're finally convinced they are not supposed to be shared, they do anyway.  Are you following all this?🫠

We've struggled with Royal over this issue.  When each of our points were incorrect, it took an act of the CEO to get them corrected, while simultaneously their customer service, (an oxy-moron) said our points were way off because of improper crediting. We also receive conflicting advice while on cruises, with the Diamond Concierge.  Two different concierges in the Diamond Lounge have two conflicting opinions and solutions.

And even asking for a discussion on this forum has been futile.  Because so many folks have received different treatment, folks are quick to belittle a post.  Gee it didn't happen to them that way, so it couldn't have happened to me!🙃

Okay, it is what it is.  I accept how the points earnings are best described by Royal.  But  even since our last points fiasco, I am again receiving points for cruises my Wife has taken, but I was not a part of. 

I've given up.  In the scheme of things, I am now D+, with little chance of making Pinnacle, so point awarding no longer matters to us.

You do not get someone else's points.  You get the status based on someone's points and the way they do that is to fake the system by displaying who ever has the higher number of points when you are in a CAS relationship.

The reason this is important is in the scenario where you cruise without her.  

If you have 318 points and she has 320 points, in a CAS relationship you should both appear to have 320.   If you cruise without her on a 5 night cruise solo where you get 10 points for being solo, you would end up with 328 points.  Both of you would then display 328 points.  Since she didn't sail her 320 points doesn't change.  At this point you would have the higher points count so both people in the CAS relationship would display 328 points.  

You would board the ship with what appears to be 320 points but after the points post you would have 328 points.  

Some people would look at this and think they only received 8 points instead of 10 points but they keep track of your 318 points and when they add to that because only you cruised you end up with 318 + 10 = 328.  

If she then cruises without you and earns 6 points her account will still show 328, i.e. it's unchanged.  Behind the scenes they know she boarded with 320 and with 6 new points she would be 326 but since your 328 is greater than 326 both accounts would show 328.  

Your points will always be based solely on your actual earned points and her points will always be based solely on her actual earned points.  What you see when you log in to either account is based on whomever has the higher points count.  

It's easier to see this when the points difference is greater,

Let's say a woman has 7 points form one cruise.  She then marries someone who has 650 points.  Once CAS places both people into a relationship both appear to have 650 points in their account.

At this point they decide to make a run towards Pinnacle.  They need 50 points right?  They book the woman on four 7 night cruises solo so that she earns 56 points.

After she completes her four solo cruises both people are at 650 points.  Why?  Because in the background Royal knows she only has 7 points.  With 56 new points she now has 63 points.  In the CAS relationship both accounts display the number based on the higher number of actual points.  Since 650 is higher than 63 they both appear to have 650 points.  

She will never "get" his points.  She will always have a points counter based on her individual earned points.  She will get his status and they do that by faking her account to display his points counter since he has more points.  

35 minutes ago, twangster said:

It's easier to see this when the points difference is greater,

Let's say a woman has 7 points form one cruise.  She then marries someone who has 650 points.  Once CAS places both people into a relationship both appear to have 650 points in their account.

At this point they decide to make a run towards Pinnacle.  They need 50 points right?  They book the woman on four 7 night cruises solo so that she earns 56 points.

After she completes her four solo cruises both people are at 650 points.  Why?  Because in the background Royal knows she only has 7 points.  With 56 new points she now has 63 points.  In the CAS relationship both accounts display the number based on the higher number of actual points.  Since 650 is higher than 63 they both appear to have 650 points.  

She will never "get" his points.  She will always have a points counter based on her individual earned points.  She will get his status and they do that by faking her account to display his points counter since he has more points.  

So for clarity, your relationship gets the points, assuming the person in the relationship with the most points is doing the accruing.   Whomever leads the points race in the relationship will always be the one who accrues the relationship points. The lesser half then just leeches off the better half.  

I'd be curious how much the servers overheat when two people in a relationship have similar points, but accrue separately. If someone with 600 is married to someone with 602 and 600 cruises solo to reach 607, is 607 now the relationship point leader, or does the system crash in Y2K fashion?

7 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

So for clarity, your relationship gets the points, assuming the person in the relationship with the most points is doing the accruing.   Whomever leads the points race in the relationship will always be the one who accrues the relationship points. The lesser half then just leeches off the better half.  

I'd be curious how much the servers overheat when two people in a relationship have similar points, but accrue separately. If someone with 600 is married to someone with 602 and 600 cruises solo to reach 607, is 607 now the relationship point leader, or does the system crash in Y2K fashion?

You mean like matter and antimatter?

So if the woman sail Royal solo with some girlfriends heading west at 22 knots while the man sails Carnival with another woman heading east at 19 knots, what happens to their points?  Not sure but I bet there are going to be fireworks involved, or an explosion.  Pretty sure he doesn't get her CAS points.

9 hours ago, twangster said:

You mean like matter and antimatter?

So if the woman sail Royal solo with some girlfriends heading west at 22 knots while the man sails Carnival with another woman heading east at 19 knots, what happens to their points?  Not sure but I bet there are going to be fireworks involved, or an explosion.  Pretty sure he doesn't get her CAS points.

I wonder if C and A status is negotiable in divorce proceedings?

So how does it work if I am the only one with an account?  When we make diamond will my husband also get the perks even though he doesn't have the account? He's been on every cruise I have been on and I have no idea how it works. lol Should we sign him up and then add all our cruises so he is covered? Is that even a thing? 

2 hours ago, SemperMom said:

So how does it work if I am the only one with an account?  When we make diamond will my husband also get the perks even though he doesn't have the account? He's been on every cruise I have been on and I have no idea how it works. lol Should we sign him up and then add all our cruises so he is covered? Is that even a thing? 

If he goes and gets an account then you can call Royal and have them true up the points totals for him looking at his past cruises.

On another note, thanks for the clarification. I thought that is how it worked but wanted to make sure.

2 hours ago, SemperMom said:

Contact crown and anchor to get his account # -and if he doesn’t have one they will give him one.  Additionally you need to ensure they put you in a relationship in order for him to have the same points as you.

crown and anchor 1 (800) 526-9723

or visit the loyalty ambassador next time you’re both onboard and they can get it done

53 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

@SemperMom they actually assign everyone a C&A number after their first cruise with Royal. You just have to get his number and set up an account. They can credit him for every cruise he took. If you set up a relationship account you will then share status, not points, so if either of you sail solo.

1 hour ago, Pattycruise said:

Contact crown and anchor to get his account # -and if he doesn’t have one they will give him one.  Additionally you need to ensure they put you in a relationship in order for him to have the same points as you.

crown and anchor 1 (800) 526-9723

or visit the loyalty ambassador next time you’re both onboard and they can get it done

1 hour ago, CrznTxn said:

If he goes and gets an account then you can call Royal and have them true up the points totals for him looking at his past cruises.

On another note, thanks for the clarification. I thought that is how it worked but wanted to make sure.

You all are the BEST! Thanks so much for the info. We'll take care of this ASAP.