MEI Travel

22 minutes ago, chrismelissa said:

We have never used a travel agent, can MEI get us a better price then we can get from RC on our own, and what about hotel prices too, but would like more info about them and what they can actually  for us can they save us money 

Contact them and ask your questions.

Also, what smokey posted above.

Don’t bank on a better price than RC, but bank on them taking the hassle out of any changes that may pop up between booking and embarkation. I wasn’t a big travel agent guy myself but decided to give MEI a whirl on my last booking. A 3 sentence email got me a change in cabin category and change in sailing dates. A 3 sentence email was a whole lot less effort and hassle than trying to make those changes myself. Think of them as more of an insurance policy in case anything goes wrong or needs to be changed versus a discount maker. Going with a TA who provides a lower price often comes with a lower paid agent who isn’t going to bend over backwards for you like a non-discount agent will.

We have to cruise during peak Spring Break times due to school schedules, and I've gotten at least a small discount off Royal's rates since I started using MEI - for a better package of rooms. It might not be a huge difference in price, but for just slightly less with MEI, I can choose my rooms out of their group rate options, which is important because our teens need to be in a room next door, AND a refundable option. Unlike some other travel, booking a cruise through a TA still leaves you with a lot of control over your vacation which I know some people don't like to give up. And I've also gotten a small amount of OBC each time I've booked with them as well. 

Some advice working with a travel agent.  Do not trust them 100%.  Do your research and have an idea of what you want and prices going in.  Just look and figure out what you want on the RCL site and what it will cost. Then work with the travel agent(s) to do the booking.  Do the same for hotels and flights.  I book a lot of flights with RCL and Celebrity, but I am always checking prices with Google Flights and the on the airline website.  The best person to protect you is you.

On 5/31/2023 at 7:56 AM, Liftedhands said:

We use Jen Greene at MEI, she is amazing plus they watch for price drops. Highly recommend. 

In that case I use Michelle at MEI, and she just sent me $400 price drop on a future cruise.

What I like is I send an email and it happens.

She did a great job with getting all the Covid FCC straightened out.

For me it's not All price, but impeccable service, which is what I get