Medical emergency on HOTS

On 5/30/2023 at 10:16 AM, smokeybandit said:

That call doesn't necessarily mean a life threatening incident. Just a call for medical help.

We had one once that was just the result of a drunk woman falling and hitting her head. She ended up fine.

We just had one on Wonder during the free skate session. It was alpha to Studio B

On 5/30/2023 at 9:16 AM, smokeybandit said:

That call doesn't necessarily mean a life threatening incident. Just a call for medical help.

We had one once that was just the result of a drunk woman falling and hitting her head. She ended up fine.

On our last sea day coming home in March on Adventure, we went through a storm and the sea was rocking the boat.  So many people got sea sick.  Every time someone got sick and lost their lunch, they would do an Alpha call.  I don't have enough fingers to count how many Alpha calls we herd that day.  My wife and I both have sea legs, so we kind of enjoyed the ship's public spaces being less crowded because everyone else was in their room trying to sleep through the storm.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Jolly Ogre said:

On our last Symphony cruise I had to witness a code alpha and help until medical staff arrived. The young girl in her 20's twisted her ankle and fell done the musical stairs outside the windjammer. She was in quite a bit of pain but doubtful for any fracture.

Thank you for stepping up and stepping in.

5 hours ago, Jolly Ogre said:

On our last Symphony cruise I had to witness a code alpha and help until medical staff arrived. The young girl in her 20's twisted her ankle and fell done the musical stairs outside the windjammer.

thankful this one WASN'T me. 🙃😅 i did fall down the (carpeted) stairs on harmony but didn't fracture anything.

there was a good samaritan couple who helped me up (i was a little dazed) and thankfully everything was (mostly) okay. medical checked me out and they were quite kind.

never underestimate the kindness of fellow sailors. 💚

• 1 month later...