Hotel in Fort Laderdale

1 hour ago, chrismelissa said:

Good Afternoon all, What hotel dose anyone recommend in Fort Laderdale , thats close to the airport and pier, and possibly one with a airport transfer

You basically described just about every single hotel in East Fort Lauderdale. If you provide some more details like brand choice, rough budget exc I can help you. 

Last July I stayed at the Comfort Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport and Cruise Port, 302 N Federal Hwy, Dania FL. It was clean and convenient.  I didn't have a car, but I was able to walk to a handful of restaurants. I thought the price was quite reasonable. They have an airport shuttle.  I don't remember if they also had a cruise port shuttle, but it wasn't very far away if you need to take an Uber.

In addition to the ones pointed out by Gus, these two in the SE 17th Street area also have Airport and Cruise Terminal transportation:

Four Points Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port

Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port

I had booked Hyatt but got a better rate (and Marriott Rewards points) for staying at the Four Points, but I suggest requesting a room on east side of the building away from Highway 1. 

What's nice about that area of 17th street is that there are many restaurants and a Publix in walking distance. Also, a Total Wine & More is next to the Publix if you choose to bring wine onboard.

As I mentioned, I can help but details are necessary as time of year plays a major part in hotel prices. Everything listed above is subject to a 2-300% surcharge during season in South Florida. There’s not too many places in CONUS where a motel 6 will surpass $400/night…………. 

18 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Has anyone actually stayed at the Embassy Suites? The reviews are pretty poor for a typical Embassy Suites.

It's not the newest or cheapest Embassy Suites. It's passable. Location is great because of the proximity to the Publix strip mall that has dining options, but it's always overcrowded and overpriced. You get drink tickets for the happy hour and there's a breakfast with made to order omelets..but again, crowded. Parking and shuttle cost extra as well.

13 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Has anyone stayed at "Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port"?

It looks to be in a convenient location, but it has some shaky reviews, specifically about the neighborhood.

We stayed there. It was not good. Heavy air freshener smell in hallways (probably to cover up mold/mildew). 
Felt very humid in there. 

Stayed at Hilton Garden Airport/cruise port and that was fine. Walking distance to the big town center for dinner. Offered shuttle to port but we had our car. 

I have since priced that hotel for our April Icon (we never stay in Miami) and it’s close to $400 a night. There are 6 of us on that cruise so I’m going Airbnb for that one. 

We stayed at the Springhill Suites in Dania Beach in October ($150ish) Hotel/airport shuttle and complementary breakfast.  There was a company in the lobby selling port transfers that I thought were very expensive but you could Uber to PE.  We were going to POM and used SAS Transportation.  In 2 weeks we are staying at the Holiday Inn Ft Lauderdale Airport ($260) and again using SAS.  The Miami Grand Prix is that weekend so hotel prices are higher.

On 4/21/2023 at 2:50 PM, smokeybandit said:

Has anyone actually stayed at the Embassy Suites? The reviews are pretty poor for a typical Embassy Suites.

We stayed there once. It’s a great location but we were not impressed with it, not like other Embassy Suites we’ve been in. Dark and dreary interior. We have  been staying at the Hilton Ft Lauderdale Beach Resort. 

• 3 months later...
7 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Circling back to this embassy suites.  Stayed there last night and nothing would prevent me from staying here again. The place is ideal for a pre cruise hotel

Yes, it’s in the perfect location. There are certainly nicer hotels at that tier but the location is key. During season it’s a “no go” for many because of the excessive price increase. Dinner at La Bamba and homemade ice cream at Razzleberry across the street! 

On 4/20/2023 at 2:28 PM, chrismelissa said:

Good Afternoon all, What hotel dose anyone recommend in Fort Laderdale , thats close to the airport and pier, and possibly one with a airport transfer

We are going to give the Hilton Garden Inn a try.  We have stayed at other Hilton Garden Inns in different cities and like them.  This one is going to be "refurbished" July - October, 2023.  We will cruising in March, 2024.

15 minutes ago, Libby said:

We are going to give the Hilton Garden Inn a try.  We have stayed at other Hilton Garden Inns in different cities and like them.  This one is going to be "refurbished" July - October, 2023.  We will cruising in March, 2024.

Dania Pointe. Still close but not prime location like Embassy. The positive is there are plenty of dining options within walking distance of the Garden Inn. 15 min Uber ride to Port Everglades.