Texas Meet Up

iamjohnbamber

4 hours ago, iamjohnbamber said:

Calling all Texas people... I want to get an idea of who's where, and then see about planning some kind of meetup. I'm in Austin. 

A Texas "meetup"......seems to me it would be a Texas "roundup", but meant in the good way. Like what the cowboys do with the cattle out on the range. 

21 hours ago, Christie said:

I'm in College Station.  Austin, Houston, Dallas, or San Antonio for the Round Up would all be fine with me!  

Me too!

41 minutes ago, Michael Vitale said:

DFW area here. Gonna be hard setting up a Texas meetup. Texas isn't NYC. It's bigger than most countries. It would be like setting up a "Germany meetup"  But if it's here in DFW, I'd be interested, sure. ?

42 minutes ago, Michael Vitale said:

DFW area here. Gonna be hard setting up a Texas meetup. Texas isn't NYC. It's bigger than most countries. It would be like setting up a "Germany meetup"  But if it's here in DFW, I'd be interested, sure. ?

So true! I'm fine with any of the cities mentioned above. I'm pretty centralized and would be willing to drive up to 4 hours if it's in a city where there's more to do ?

So far I've got:

@iamjohnbamber - Austin

@Cristina_WNOP - San Antonio (Austin)

@Christie - College Station (Austin)

@Michael Vitale - DFW

@Wilson - DFW 

@blueyes1961 - DFW

So right now it's looking pretty even location-wise.  Are there more folks in Texas who we should get involved in this?

Hey @Matt can you bring this up on your next few scopes/FB Lives to help raise awareness, and so we can get as many Texas folk involved?

If it turns out a majority of the people are in DFW, I'd be okay with going up to DFW for a meetup, what about you folks @Cristina_WNOP and @Christie?  I'd want to have a better idea of how many more folks there are in TX before we pick an actual location. 

18 minutes ago, iamjohnbamber said:

If it turns out a majority of the people are in DFW, I'd be okay with going up to DFW for a meetup, what about you folks @Cristina_WNOP and @Christie?  I'd want to have a better idea of how many more folks there are in TX before we pick an actual location. 

I'm fine  with either Dallas or Austin. If the group chooses Dallas I'd just need a little bit more notice in order to make plans :) We can also ask @CruisingKat(Kathy) if we can post in the RC Periscopers Facebook page. I don't mind doing a scope to help get the word out. 

14 hours ago, Cristina_WNOP said:

I'm fine  with either Dallas or Austin. If the group chooses Dallas I'd just need a little bit more notice in order to make plans :) We can also ask @CruisingKat(Kathy) if we can post in the RC Periscopers Facebook page. I don't mind doing a scope to help get the word out. 

I am ok with you posting in the Rcperiscopers Group Cristina ?

My partner (almost Diamond) and I (Halfway from Platinum to Emerald) live in Dallas. Would definately enjoy meeting other people who love RCCL! (I've tried a few other cruise lines, with a couple on my list of "I at least want to try it" cruise lines.....so far, Royal is my *favorite*, so much that I'm going on Liberty in October, Symphony next October. My partner found a deal on Jewel in November, and I'm really hating not being able to go (because of work).

4 minutes ago, Big Dawg Ron said:

Is Phoenix close to Texas? :4_joy::4_joy::4_joy:

That's up to you, good sir!  If you want to hop a flight and crash the party you totally could!
Anyone is welcome to join, whether or not you live in TX - I just figured we'd set this up so it wasn't just the Orlando people having all the fun! 

On 6/18/2017 at 5:19 PM, iamjohnbamber said:

So far I've got:

@iamjohnbamber - Austin

@Cristina_WNOP - San Antonio (Austin)

@Christie - College Station (Austin)

@Michael Vitale - DFW

@Wilson - DFW 

@blueyes1961 - DFW

So right now it's looking pretty even location-wise.  Are there more folks in Texas who we should get involved in this?

Hey @Matt can you bring this up on your next few scopes/FB Lives to help raise awareness, and so we can get as many Texas folk involved?

Adding to this:

@iamamy0922 Austin

@vjfjohnson Austin

@cjacksonii DFW

@Laurac22 Houston

@Cheryl Tyler (DFW 1st, Austin 2nd)

@coachBoris Austin (Round Rock)

@jlwrinkle Austin

@Skylaneval Austin

@aubreyc1988 DFW

@MOTLEYBRUE San Antonio/Austin

Right now the votes for DFW vs Austin are:

Austin:  9

DFW:  6

Have I missed anyone? So far looking like Austin will be the location... 

Okay gang I've put together a website which will be updated periodically with all the logistics information on it as we get closer - there's also an RSVP form on there, it would help out greatly if those definitely interested could fill it out so I could have a better idea of who will be there, and I can make arrangements with the venue to get a spot reserved for us. 

The site is here:  https://iamjohnbamber.com/rc-blog-tx-meetup/

On 7/4/2017 at 10:48 AM, iamjohnbamber said:

Okay gang I've put together a website which will be updated periodically with all the logistics information on it as we get closer - there's also an RSVP form on there, it would help out greatly if those definitely interested could fill it out so I could have a better idea of who will be there, and I can make arrangements with the venue to get a spot reserved for us. 

The site is here:  https://iamjohnbamber.com/rc-blog-tx-meetup/

Wow!! Just checked out the venue...AMAZING! Can't wait