Much friendlier here

TheRick

We cruised twice last year on Royal after not cruising for many many years. We recently booked a cruise out of New Orleans for May of next year. Unfortunately Royal is limited on New Orleans departure and not offering when we can go. We booked on another cruise line. I went to an unnamed message board to ask a question and received nothing other than rude or smart ass comments. I miss this message board where I have always received polite, informative responses to my questions. I just want everyone to know how much I appreciate how helpful everyone here has been to me, even when I asked stupid questions. 

I have found that one needs to ask questions from time to time because cruise line sites leave out a lot of comparative info. I know what Royal offers, but what is different on another line? It takes a lot of digging to separate complimentary offerings from premium ones to see what is included in base fare. This is why brochures are easier for me to use than websites. Websites try to sell rather than inform. Wish every carrier had a page that showed what was included and what was extra. It would help the carrier accent the line's advantage, if any. And then each line has it's own tech glitches or tricks which only other guests can address--like which way to turn your passport to scan the bar code. There's never an FAQ for that! Travel well and have fun!

CC has its place on the web.  I go there from time to time looking for advice on other lines.  You get an occasional crank, but if you are not "Loyal to Royal" and sail other lines then there are not many website options for questions about other lines, ships and ports.

We have a HAL trip to Norway in August.  I've learned a lot about HAL from CC. I heard about Club Orange from CC website.  HAL's Club Orange which is similar to The Key (and generally cheaper), smokes The Key with tons of benefits that I wish RCL would look into and maybe add to The Key experience.

On 2/26/2023 at 12:14 AM, TheRick said:

We cruised twice last year on Royal after not cruising for many many years. We recently booked a cruise out of New Orleans for May of next year. Unfortunately Royal is limited on New Orleans departure and not offering when we can go. We booked on another cruise line. I went to an unnamed message board to ask a question and received nothing other than rude or smart ass comments. I miss this message board where I have always received polite, informative responses to my questions. I just want everyone to know how much I appreciate how helpful everyone here has been to me, even when I asked stupid questions. 

I've observed that on a few cruise related FB groups.  Nonsensical information source.

• 2 weeks later...

I too appreciate this site and especially the community.

Last fall I lurked on CC to get info on MSC before we booked a bucket list itinerary with them. Thankfully, I was able to find all the information I needed from other people’s posts rather than having to make a thread of my own….some of the replies there are incredibly rude.  The anonymity of the internet has created some real….I guess I’ll call them jerks. 

• 5 months later...