SOS Boardwalk vs Central Park Balcony Cabins

Mike T

Looks like my Wife and I are gonna book Symphony for February 2023 to St Marten, St Thomas and CocoCay out of Miami on 2/25 .  Would like to hear your experience with these balcony cabins.  Pros and cons.

We’re  also considering ocean view forward facing but like the idea of balcony for fresh air.  Concerns are noise at Boardwalk and being right across from other cabins in the Central Park ones.

Thank you in advance 

We sailed out of Miami on Symphony last Feb and are from the cold Midwest, too.  We absolutely think it is worth the extra money to have ocean view balcony.  Both me and my husband enjoy looking and sitting out on the balcony, especially when it's freezing in February back home.  We always have the curtain open on our balcony.  The privacy you get with an ocean view is worth the extra money.  We would not enjoy waking up on our balcony and seeing other cabins across from us all the time.  Yes, while in port you might have another ship docked next to you, but it's a small percentage of the time in your cabin.

Stayed on the boardwalk twice, I don't remember it being overly noisy. I remember hearing the water show in the room, but that was about it (then again we were higher up). One thing I did notice is they seem to run warmer in the room and balcony. It's probably not getting as much air flow in those areas versus the outside balcony

I would prefer the ocean view balcony.   But have done the others you have mentioned also.   I enjoy the Central Park balcony as it quieter.   Boardwalk can get noisy.  But that also depends on how much you are in your cabin and you sleep habits.

Yes, you do have other balconies across from you but you do get some fresh air.   The fresh air is worth those balconies rather than a view cabin.  Also the forward  cabins get more motion.  The inside balconies do not have as much sun, as it is blocked.  But they also do not get the wind you can get on an outside balcony.   I found the Central Park balcony was very comfortable for having a long breakfast and coffee on the balcony.  My sister and I are going on a trip in February and have chosen the Central Park Balcony cabin.  

I appreciate all the comments.  For budgeting purposes, we have decided to do the Central Park balcony.  We'd love to have ocean balcony (did that for our first ever 3N to CocoCay) and had interior promenade view for the 2nd with our daughters but again, budget is driving this one.  Looking forward to this (Just waiting on my TA to get back to me with final pricing and we'll be sending our deposit!

On 10/13/2022 at 2:57 PM, p5woody said:

We tried a CP balcony room, it was fun to try it once but probably won't stay in one again.  It was quiet and listening to music in the evening was fun.  Privacy was an issue for us, it seemed like we were always closing the curtains.  We love our oceanview balconies. 

I was wondering about the privacy issue. We were on the Symphony last spring, stayed in a virtual balcony room and  really liked Central Park. But we will still try the CP balcony at least once.

4 hours ago, Coltdoggs said:

I appreciate all the comments.  For budgeting purposes, we have decided to do the Central Park balcony.  We'd love to have ocean balcony (did that for our first ever 3N to CocoCay) and had interior promenade view for the 2nd with our daughters but again, budget is driving this one.  Looking forward to this (Just waiting on my TA to get back to me with final pricing and we'll be sending our deposit!

you will love it! we've stayed in a CP balcony and it was peaceful -- our sweet spot was either deck 12 -- deck 14 had us too close to the pool deck and noise tended to trickle down. deck 9 had us too low to the passerby walking around (as CP itself is deck 8). the music at night was nice to listen to and the midship location was also very convenient.

i think you will be very pleased with your choice!!

having an open air balcony, into the tranquil space of central park, certainly beats an interior cabin for us!

1 hour ago, asquared17 said:

you will love it! we've stayed in a CP balcony and it was peaceful -- our sweet spot was either deck 12 -- deck 14 had us too close to the pool deck and noise tended to trickle down.

We're in a Deck 12 CP balcony on Oasis right now, and there's a LOT of bleed from the pool deck into our room, especially when the band is playing. With CP on Deck 8 and the Interior CP View rooms on Deck 9, I'd recommend Deck 12 for a properly immersive experience.

18 minutes ago, MattG said:

We're in a Deck 12 CP balcony on Oasis right now, and there's a LOT of bleed from the pool deck into our room, especially when the band is playing. With CP on Deck 8 and the Interior CP View rooms on Deck 9, I'd recommend Deck 12 for a properly immersive experience.

oh man, i didn't think of that -- to be fair, we didn't spend much time in the room during the day so its possible we didn't notice it as much.

7 hours ago, Coltdoggs said:

@MattG @asquared17  We got our deposit paid this weekend and are on deck 12 courtesy of our TA...

Thank you for the info....M
akes me feel a better about our choice!

hooray!! you're going to have a great time!!

central park is such a gorgeous part of the oasis class ships, honestly one of the best features/neighborhoods, in my opinion.

pre-covid, our favorite thing (instead of going to the shows at night 😆) used to be to people watch in the royal promenade, but we are making plans to people watch in CP so we can enjoy the scenery and soak up the fresh air at night.