Jump to content

World Ultimate Cruise


Recommended Posts

I fantasize about this cruise on a regular basis. You triggered me. 

One of my big hopes for RCL is that this cruise is a success and that it continues into future years. That way, if I win the lottery, I'll be able to go someday. 

The actual cost for an inside cabin (from https://www.royalcaribbean.com/ultimate-world-cruise/) is $58,666 per person if you pay early, not counting most excursions but counting transportation. For 275 days, that is $213.33 per person per day. (PPPD) You would need to budget extra for shore expenditures, casino, and other miscellany.

A typical 7-day cruise in an inside cabin might cost say $500 per person for transportation, $100 for standard tips, and maybe $800 or so for the actual cruise plus taxes and port fees. That is $200 PPPD with no drink package, laundry, departure gala, business class airfare, hotel before sailing, shuttle from hotel to ship, Voom, and some of the excursions!

IMO there is great value here. A lifetime of travel compressed into nine months.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is it really $120,000 per person?  I thought it was $75,000 for a standard room.

My spouse and I have done the math and here is how we would do it:

1. Wait for kids to go to college. Duh.

2. Rent out our home.  We can get $3,500 a month.

3. Work remotely, but only part time.  This would allow us to retain a good amount of income while traveling.

4. The amount of money we spend on groceries, utilities, etc. would obviously be applied to the per diem per person cruise price.  

In the end, we would make money going on this cruise. LOL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Cakemeister said:

One of my big hopes for RCL is that this cruise is a success and that it continues into future years. That way, if I win the lottery, I'll be able to go someday. 

That is what I am hoping too. Not much luck on the lottery side though. And yes, it is a great deal!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Bowen said:

I don't even fantasize about this cruise. 1/4 of the way through none of my clothes would fit and I'd have to budget more money for elastic pants. 🙂

I think that by day 60, the novelty of buffets and specialty dining would wear off and we would go back to eating more sensibly.  At least that is what we tell ourselves. STOP ruining our fantasy! LOL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Bowen said:

I don't even fantasize about this cruise. 1/4 of the way through none of my clothes would fit and I'd have to budget more money for elastic pants. 🙂

That's the good thing about dreaming about it....you never gain weight, you're clothes are always clean, the food is different every night, and you never run out of money!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, CruisingNewb said:

I think that by day 60, the novelty of buffets and specialty dining would wear off and we would go back to eating more sensibly.  At least that is what we tell ourselves. STOP ruining our fantasy! LOL

You will definitely get tired of all the delicious food, you will! 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LovetoCruise87 said:

That's the good thing about dreaming about it....you never gain weight, you're clothes are always clean, the food is different every night, and you never run out of money!

And on sea days you work on your novel about cruising....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Alztyrbn said:

So, the MegaMillions is currently at $555 million...but don't bother getting a ticket...I already have the winning one! I'll be booking this cruise shortly 🤣

We all get another chance, the next jackpot is estimated at $630M, $360M one time payout, probably abut $260M after taxes.  I can live with that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/20/2022 at 8:14 AM, PatsFanBrian said:

We all get another chance, the next jackpot is estimated at $630M, $360M one time payout, probably abut $260M after taxes.  I can live with that.

I'm sure I could find a way to live on that...it will be tough, but I think I can find a way 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/20/2022 at 1:28 PM, LovetoCruise87 said:

Ok....going to play Friday not only to win to take this cruise, but also so I can retire early!!!

Not the same lottery. Mine here is the Euromillions. But that's my plan too! 🤞

And I can wish you luck since you're not going to win my prize instead of me! 😆

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...