Any idea when Puerto Rico protocols will be released

17 minutes ago, Sharla said:

I would go with the November protocols that came out yesterday. Puerto Rico is part of the US, but the other ports won't be so Royal and others are subject to the requirements of those countries.

Thanks!  Now that I have read a million things and slept a little, i think my concern was "Do I need to be tested 3 days before flying from Puerto Rico to my home in the mainland" ".  Since we have never traveled directly to and from Puerto Rico, our brains have been having a hard time reconciling that Puerto Rico is mostly like the US, but not always.

I also saw in the Royal protocols that anyone needing a test to return to thier home country can get one on the ship, so at the worst, that would cover it.

We got such a good deal on this cruise, it will be worth the extra steps.  

7 minutes ago, steverk said:

I see that this morning San Juan is listed as a departure port.  Everything looks pretty much the same as other US ports except 3 of my ports of call require ship board excursions

Oh! and you need to fill out the TravelSafe declaration to fly to Puerto Rico!

Yeah, that's what I see as well.  We booked some excursions for Barbados, St. Luca, and St. Kitts last night.  We didn't want to have to try and explain to people that "it looked great from the ship" and we still had OBC from a canceled cruise that we needed to spend, so it wasn't a lot of new "out of pocket expense".

You can fill out your travel form basically anytime.  When you do, you will enter in the date as MM-DD-YYYY, but when it show up on your travel profile as DD-MM-YYYY, so don't get confused.

We are still trying to figure out if we need a new travel safe form for the one night post-cruise that we will be in Puerto rRco and which option to pick since we won't be flying in.

9 minutes ago, Reigert2008 said:

We are still trying to figure out if we need a new travel safe form for the one night post-cruise that we will be in Puerto rRco and which option to pick since we won't be flying in.

That is a bit confusing.  I'm doing a 1 night pre cruise stay.  Since I really didn't see any way to enter in my full itinerary, I put down the ship as my lodging.  That is the major stop, so I figured it was the best option.

5 minutes ago, steverk said:

That is a bit confusing.  I'm doing a 1 night pre cruise stay.  Since I really didn't see any way to enter in my full itinerary, I put down the ship as my lodging.  That is the major stop, so I figured it was the best option.

We are also flying in the day before and staying at a hotel, so we filled out a form that lists the hotel as our lodging for the one night.  I assume that we would at least find out something on the cruise if we need it post-cruise, but the only options on the form are Flight or Ferry.  

So You can enter PR without needing a test but you need to get 1 anyway to get on ship. 

If you’re flying in from the U.S.

Vaccinated guests have no testing requirement to enter Puerto Rico

All Guests: Required Testing to Board the Ship

You’ll need to bring a negative PCR or antigen test result to the cruise terminal to board the ship. It can be the same result you used to enter Puerto Rico, provided you time it right.