Jump to content

Symphony of the Seas


Recommended Posts

My wife and I had a cruise booked on Symphony at the very end of October, we moved it to Feb. I feel like that would give us more time for the cruise industry to get things figured out. Hopefully you will be able to go!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Jackie Royka said:

Good Morning! We are scheduled on Symphony is September. So much needed! Has anyone ever heard of the port being changed that you sail from? We go out of Miami and want to make sure they won't move us to another state for departure.

Outside of a hurricane impacted sailing, I can't recall hearing of a sailing changing Embarkation ports.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Jackie Royka said:

Good Morning! We are scheduled on Symphony is September. So much needed! Has anyone ever heard of the port being changed that you sail from? We go out of Miami and want to make sure they won't move us to another state for departure.

The only US ports that can handle an oasis class (to my knowledge) are PC, PE, Miami and Bayonne. Galveston is under construction to be the new home port of Allure

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lets look at some numbers here:

Symphony is currently in dry dock in Cadiz. How much longer will she be there? Lets say 2 more weeks. 

Today in 5/26. 2 Weeks from today is June 9th. It Takes 10 days to get from Cadiz to Miami. So that puts us around June 19th. 

I failed to realize that each ship needs to do a test cruise before revenue cruises are allowed. I was mistaken in my assumption that one test cruise would be good for all the fleet. So unless the CDC lifts this requirement then Symphony will need a test cruise. We now know that Freedom will be doing a test cruise on June 20-22. We also have heard that other test cruises have been applied for. No one knows how long from test cruise it will take to CDC to approve or deny. 

So my questions are:

1. When will Symphony leave dry dock?

2. When leaves dry dock what is schedule to return to Miami?

3. Has the Symphony crew been vaccinated?

4. Has Royal applied for test cruise yet? If so, what is the proposed sailing date?

5. When will Royal more announcements regarding test sailings?

It seems time is running short for July sailings on Symphony. But Royal is not being upfront with its communicating for its fully paid passengers on July sailings. If there is a plan where the timeline works for the Symphony to sail in July on revenue cruises, I wish Royal would share with us. There are hotels, work vacations already requested, travel plans and also alternate plans to be made if July is cancelled in a summer with high travel demand which equals more costs for waiting. Many other options for this summer have long since been sold out. 

Am i being overly negative? Does anyone else see a realistic path for Symphony to sail in July unless there is a change in the CSO or CDC? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, UNCFanatik said:

Lets look at some numbers here:

Symphony is currently in dry dock in Cadiz. How much longer will she be there? Lets say 2 more weeks. 

Today in 5/26. 2 Weeks from today is June 9th. It Takes 10 days to get from Cadiz to Miami. So that puts us around June 19th. 

I failed to realize that each ship needs to do a test cruise before revenue cruises are allowed. I was mistaken in my assumption that one test cruise would be good for all the fleet. So unless the CDC lifts this requirement then Symphony will need a test cruise. We now know that Freedom will be doing a test cruise on June 20-22. We also have heard that other test cruises have been applied for. No one knows how long from test cruise it will take to CDC to approve or deny. 

So my questions are:

1. When will Symphony leave dry dock?

2. When leaves dry dock what is schedule to return to Miami?

3. Has the Symphony crew been vaccinated?

4. Has Royal applied for test cruise yet? If so, what is the proposed sailing date?

5. When will Royal more announcements regarding test sailings?

It seems time is running short for July sailings on Symphony. But Royal is not being upfront with its communicating for its fully paid passengers on July sailings. If there is a plan where the timeline works for the Symphony to sail in July on revenue cruises, I wish Royal would share with us. There are hotels, work vacations already requested, travel plans and also alternate plans to be made if July is cancelled in a summer with high travel demand which equals more costs for waiting. Many other options for this summer have long since been sold out. 

Am i being overly negative? Does anyone else see a realistic path for Symphony to sail in July unless there is a change in the CSO or CDC? 

You’re rightly concerned but I believe  l Royal is attempting to have all the news before announcing it, because, if they were to say anything now, it would be, “we’re trying to make it happen”.

I also think Royal wants to make every effort to make this and other sailings happen before they announce anything (going ahead.. protocols.. cancellations, etc) and are waiting on things outside their control to make a final call. 

Personally, I would start making other plans (refundable/cancellable if possible) so you have something in case Symphony does cancel. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Josh C said:

You’re rightly concerned but I believe  l Royal is attempting to have all the news before announcing it, because, if they were to say anything now, it would be, “we’re trying to make it happen”.

I also think Royal wants to make every effort to make this and other sailings happen before they announce anything (going ahead.. protocols.. cancellations, etc) and are waiting on things outside their control to make a final call. 

Personally, I would start making other plans (refundable/cancellable if possible) so you have something in case Symphony does cancel. 

thank you for the pep talk...i need it today....also didnt have my caffeine yet...lol I TRULY understand and appreciate the position that Royal is in and I am excited for a long overdue return to cruising after all the stupid roadblocks by the CDC. All I am asking for is just more communication. I dont want to cancel my July cruise in hopes it will sail because it will be Thanksgiving until work and school schedules allow travel. 

Regarding moving plans around for summer. There are already hard dates for plans already made. My Step daughter spends two weeks in summer with her Father. We only have a few flexible weeks this summer especially with Covid change of school year to get out June 11th. Also, just throwing more money out there to be tied up even if refundable is not desired. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, UNCFanatik said:

Lets look at some numbers here:

Symphony is currently in dry dock in Cadiz. How much longer will she be there? Lets say 2 more weeks. 

Today in 5/26. 2 Weeks from today is June 9th. It Takes 10 days to get from Cadiz to Miami. So that puts us around June 19th. 

I failed to realize that each ship needs to do a test cruise before revenue cruises are allowed. I was mistaken in my assumption that one test cruise would be good for all the fleet. So unless the CDC lifts this requirement then Symphony will need a test cruise. We now know that Freedom will be doing a test cruise on June 20-22. We also have heard that other test cruises have been applied for. No one knows how long from test cruise it will take to CDC to approve or deny. 

So my questions are:

1. When will Symphony leave dry dock?

2. When leaves dry dock what is schedule to return to Miami?

3. Has the Symphony crew been vaccinated?

4. Has Royal applied for test cruise yet? If so, what is the proposed sailing date?

5. When will Royal more announcements regarding test sailings?

It seems time is running short for July sailings on Symphony. But Royal is not being upfront with its communicating for its fully paid passengers on July sailings. If there is a plan where the timeline works for the Symphony to sail in July on revenue cruises, I wish Royal would share with us. There are hotels, work vacations already requested, travel plans and also alternate plans to be made if July is cancelled in a summer with high travel demand which equals more costs for waiting. Many other options for this summer have long since been sold out. 

Am i being overly negative? Does anyone else see a realistic path for Symphony to sail in July unless there is a change in the CSO or CDC? 

I'm with you. As a travel agent, I was fully behind this "wait and see" approach. But at this point, it is the end of May and July cruise updates have NOT been announced. We all know not all July cruises are sailing - so Royal is holding onto fully paid bookings leaving guests with no options. On top of that, they have not even formally announced protocols -- most importantly vaccine requirements. Personally, I have 5 cabins booked on Symphony for July 31st.  I do not think we can cruise if you must be fully vaccinated, so I will need to cancel. However, I can not approach the subject bc nothing has been laid out by Royal. Today's travel agent webinar was all Alaska -- which is great. But still nothing on Caribbean sailings from US ports. I am now extremely frustrated. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, UNCFanatik said:

I TRULY understand and appreciate the position that Royal is in and I am excited for a long overdue return to cruising after all the stupid roadblocks by the CDC. All I am asking for is just more communication.

Totally agree. I'm as understanding as anyone when it comes to giving RC the benefit of the doubt, but the time they are taking with some of these protocols and announcements is frustrating when you are trying to plan even the basics.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Matt said:

but the time they are taking with some of these protocols and announcements is frustrating when you are trying to plan even the basics.

Yeah, sadly got tired of waiting and were afraid of no other travel options the longer we waited so we canceled August and we'll try again next summer. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We are on Symphony 10/30 and feel so confident that it will sail I am currently researching airfare. My only concern is what time to book the return flight. Normally I would feel comfortable booking 11am out of Miami, but who knows what it's going to be like getting off the ship. Heck, noon might even be a gamble. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...