Jump to content

Australia/NZ Cruising News


Recommended Posts

54 minutes ago, CruisingOz said:

Sydney can handle the Ovation, been on it from Sydney, but is is 348m long & 41m wide and sticks out past the wharf. Wonder is 362m long & 64m wide, so may not have anywhere to tie up to; maybe to the balcony of the Park Hyatt suite, LOL. 

Could you Imagine the sight though, wow. I recall when I first saw Ovation having been on the Explorer previously and I was in oar.   

From certain angles when you see Ovation between the city buildings from street level she looks gigantic. Not as much out in the open near the Opera House. Couldn't imagine an Oasis class.

Let's hope well all see this sight soon:image.thumb.png.f0ccaff8cea6a9ab451474bdcd7d1039.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, mattymay said:

From certain angles when you see Ovation between the city buildings from street level she looks gigantic. Not as much out in the open near the Opera House. Couldn't imagine an Oasis class.

Let's hope well all see this sight soon:image.thumb.png.f0ccaff8cea6a9ab451474bdcd7d1039.png

The issue is the width and passenger movements with oasis class but oasis class can dock at circular quay.
I will post sydney ports specs soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Chili said:

I am currently on the Ovation

Thank you for this information. Are you able to find out if the Ovation willl be in Australia prior to the end of December. I believe the first sail date scheduled was the 13th. We were about to book the first cruise. Anything you could find out would be great, thanks and enjoy Alaska, it is an amazing destination. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Chili said:

A report by someone currently on Ovation.

 

 

I am currently on the Ovation on the last Alaska cruise.  The crew has been told that they will be sent home later this month and will return to Ovation in January for sailings out of Australia.  They just received this INFO two days ago.  
 
 

Yeah, that's what I heard from my waiter from last month, we've stayed in touch since I got back. She said they're going home until after the new year - I asked if they're all coming back to Ovation or going to different ships, but haven't heard back from her yet on that point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CruisingOz said:

Thank you for this information. Are you able to find out if the Ovation willl be in Australia prior to the end of December. I believe the first sail date scheduled was the 13th. We were about to book the first cruise. Anything you could find out would be great, thanks and enjoy Alaska, it is an amazing destination. 

I’m just relaying a post on CC.It’s not me.
 

The evidence I have if ovation comes to sydney this season.

I have a February 5 booking and my agent said RC wants final payment in about 3.5 weeks and it’s not refundable.
The agent said it’s very possible.
 

Apparently the repo cruise from Hawaii to Vancouver is still on the go.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/11/2021 at 3:26 PM, Chili said:

I’m just relaying a post on CC.It’s not me.
 

The evidence I have if ovation comes to sydney this season.

I have a February 5 booking and my agent said RC wants final payment in about 3.5 weeks and it’s not refundable.
The agent said it’s very possible.
 

Apparently the repo cruise from Hawaii to Vancouver is still on the go.

Will book as soon as I hear word form the Government that cruising is happening. Anything before then is speculation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

NSW will open their International boarders in November, so all being well they should mention cruising. Carnival Corporation have scheduled their ship various brands to mid-January, and now with the information earlier from Chili in this blog, Royal will also be mid Jan. I assume we will hear about their round of cancellations soon. 

I hope they can sort out my FCC before that, they have completely stuffed it up despite me providing all the evidence to show exactly what is owed to me. Anyway, fingers crossed, and if Royal is in town, then I plan to jump onto a sailing in late March after I return from the US. Nothing booked locally just in case, Royal has more than enough of my money. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hope it works out for you folks down under.

Up here there seems to be communication with the government that isn't made public.  Since before our restart there has been communication behind the scenes that is kept quiet but that the cruise lines have used to make their plans.  I suspect the same may be occuring in other regions.  The cruises line keep quiet about it but they seem to be interacting with governments more than we all know about.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Hope it works out for you folks down under.

Up here there seems to be communication with the government that isn't made public.  Since before our restart there has been communication behind the scenes that is kept quiet but that the cruise lines have used to make their plans.  I suspect the same may be occuring in other regions.  The cruises line keep quiet about it but they seem to be interacting with governments more than we all know about.

I think you're right - my guess is that no one wants to get people's hopes up prematurely or cause any confusion if things change, so they wait until 99% of the kinks have been ironed out to make any sort of official announcement.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, CruisingOz said:

NSW will open their International boarders in November, so all being well they should mention cruising. Carnival Corporation have scheduled their ship various brands to mid-January, and now with the information earlier from Chili in this blog, Royal will also be mid Jan. I assume we will hear about their round of cancellations soon. 

I hope they can sort out my FCC before that, they have completely stuffed it up despite me providing all the evidence to show exactly what is owed to me. Anyway, fingers crossed, and if Royal is in town, then I plan to jump onto a sailing in late March after I return from the US. Nothing booked locally just in case, Royal has more than enough of my money. 

My head was spinning with all the different FCC’s . Some refundable some not.

‘The thing I hate is if I paid a deposit for a group, I don’t get the credit.Even though my credit card paid it.
The credit is in their name and is not transferable.
 

I would hate to be a agent working for love.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, mattymay said:

Will book as soon as I hear word form the Government that cruising is happening. Anything before then is speculation.

I think the prices will go through the roof when there’s a announcement.

Prices have already jumped,a balcony is $300 a night each or more .

You need to sell your house for a grand suite.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Chili said:

You need to sell your house for a grand suite.

The Australian cruise prices are relative to the US, so much higher, and going up as there is so much pent up demand and so few cabins across the various lines.

With the possible new cancellations from Royal, this will be maf=de worse the sailing remaining the for the three months of the season. Considering they are only going locally, prices are high. If I go in March, I will jump on with an inside cabin and enjoy the ship offers 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

US prices were high in July and August.  The restart up here happened to coincide with the normal summer peak season.  It was like a perfect storm of cruise prices.  I booked a solo cabin on Odyssey in July well above rates for a regular balcony on her that had been cancelled months earlier that was off peak.  

Eventually rates did come down.  Adventure from Nassau had some great rates in her final weeks that were much higher when she was first offered.

Once we got through August and into September we finally saw some less expensive rates but even those have gone up at times and down at times.  

For the first two months of the US restart cruising was not inexpensive.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

so this is all speculation.

 

This fellow is the head of security for RCG in Sydney and he is genuine
 

 

 

I am not saying this isn’t true but after a “conversation” with the “ office” they are not aware that anything is happening. Dec 17th is the date everybody is waiting for. Unless  of course Royal has been given the heads up beforehand, (which seems unlikely given  way the Govt has been acting).Turnarounds need months of planning and organising so if Royal did know you would assume we would have been told. It does seem a little  unusual that the crew (reading the comment, it would appear  most of them) were being sent home after Alaska, they normally sign six or eight month contracts although current circumstances may have affected this . It seems to be looking more promising for early next year but nothing confirmed as yet…we are, to a large extent, still in the dark…..but hopeful.🤞🤞🤞
 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know someone and reached out to InterCruise who are is the company  Royal uses for the port staff, such as check-in, baggage, crowd control, and they are now not hiring and training until the end of the year, so many indicators now that December is a no go for Royal. I hope we are all wrong and Royal sail in Dec, I will be there in a heart beat

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Vanessa77 said:

I suppose that it's possible they've all sold out, but the RC site is no longer showing 21/22 season dates. Nothing until the start of the 22/23 season. 

image.thumb.png.238b5cf63836f1be5eeee077aa51de80.png

In the Royal Caribbean Blog Insider FB group a member from down under posted that it was announced Ovation is not going down under this year.  They just offered this link:

 

IMG_1007.thumb.jpg.537be6641414909c920fea59988a3630.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...