Harmony of the Seas Group Cruise Roll Call!

Hello everyone!

I didn't see a thread started on this yet so thought I'd get one started...just wanted to see who else is booked on the Harmony of the Seas group cruise sailing next September 16, 2017!

I've already put down my $500 deposit and will be coming along with my sister (she too is a cruise addict).

490 days to go! Really looking forward to getting to know you all more over the coming months and hanging out on the world's largest cruise ship together :)

Cheers,

John

@johnt_83 on Periscope :D

PS -- I am going to try and do my first ever live periscope on Norwegian Pearl this summer to Alaska, still need to look into all the details about their Internet etc but the sailing is on 7/24/2016 and I'll be going with my wife and 4 other friends. Glacier Bay sailing out of Seattle (this is where I live too!)

I'm on the fence! We have oasis booked for November and I would have no problem forgoing that one for the group cruise if it weren't considerably more expensive. I know it's to be expected on the new ship, maybe I'll flip a coin on Tuesday when the new promotion flips around the way they take the same amount of money.

I'm on the fence! We have oasis booked for November and I would have no problem forgoing that one for the group cruise if it weren't considerably more expensive. I know it's to be expected on the new ship, maybe I'll flip a coin on Tuesday when the new promotion flips around the way they take the same amount of money.

I know what you mean.  We are definitely paying a premium for a new ship, but I really feel like these are some pretty good rates considering it is a new ship.  And by putting down a deposit today, you get a chance to lock in the price now and always have the option of re-booking if any new promotions come out that are a better deal.

And on the topic of this thread, I will be there!  :P

Interested in joining a group cruise at some point but they never work with the kids school schedule so it might have to wait a few years.

I was interested in Harmony as well but totally turned off by the pricing when I looked at it for Thanksgiving 2017, will probably consider it again next year when they roll the schedule to open up my next booking window ... Thanksgiving 2018. My wife has informed me that I will not be booking a cruise for Springbreak 2018 ... she requires an alternative vacation for a change :(

I booked a couple of days ago but this means that I will now have to choose between this cruise and my already-booked Christmas 2017 cruise on Adventure out of SJ.  Decisions, decisions.

I got a VERY good rate on the Adventure due to a computer glitch on "opening day".  I snagged an Owner's Suite at an already good price but when you add the Club Royale discount to it, it was really GREAT.  I would have to cancel that if I stay with the Harmony in Sept.

Originally I booked a Crown Loft Suite on Harmony but really wanted a suite that qualifies for the Star level service.  Yesterday, I got it !  One of the 2 BR Aqua Theater Suites opened up and I snatched it.  This pretty much seals the deal on which cruise we will choose ! I hate to give up a good price deal on Adventure but I don't think I can turn away another 2 BR ATS !  I have one for our Feb. 2017 cruise (also on Harmony) and I think I will want that Star service again ! 

Looks like we will probably be going with the group again !  We had such a blast last time !

Well I am Stephanie and, I went on the Allure of the Seas group cruise and had a Fantastic time. I travel with my Fiance Jeremy who also had a wonderful time. We will be on this cruise and I booked Cabin 10730 a 2 bedroom Aqua Theater suite in the new Star Class.. You just cant beat the perks and the price from Club Royale! Looking forward to meeting new people and cruising with old Favorites from the Allure!!

Well I may be looking for an alternate spouse when my husband Frank learns that I just booked us on this cruise in a JS! He loves cruising but doesn't like to book much in advance due to our business (I on the other hand love booking asap), so I don't know if he would agree to me booking this cruise now. I chose not to ask to find out.

Instead I took Matt's advice of booking the cruise as a Birthday present, and since Frank doesn't like booking in advance I just won't tell him until 2 months before.  :P  Btw, the Birthday is mine, how can he say no to my Birthday cruise, even if the Birthday was 2 weeks before? HaHaHa!

Seriously though, I know he won't have a problem when he learns. I figure I'll tell him the last night of our Anthem cruise next month...that is when he always is an easy mark for booking another cruise  :D

Very excited to go on this cruise! Our 1st time on an Oasis class, a JS cabin on the center hump, meeting all of you, Labadee (1 of my favorite places), and we have never been to Cozumel.

Even better news for him warming up to the idea then...I'm paying this cruise on my personal card so he will never see a bill  :)

Can't wait for the zipline at Labadee! We also had a great time at the Blue Hole in Jamaica and wanted to go back, and I've been booked 3x to Cozumel and never been able to go - I'm ready!!!

484 days to go...

The good, the bad and the ugly.

Good: The wife gave me the "thumbs up" to go.

Bad: The solo inside cabins are now sold out.

Ugly: The price for me to get an outside solo is $1600 and this is before airfare. :( 

For another $150 (including the single sup) I can get a VB with double C&A points.

Normally I would not sweat (too much) the $1600 considering it's the group cruise, but it's too clo$e to our 9 night Navigator in Nov 2017.

The good, the bad and the ugly.

Good: The wife gave me the "thumbs up" to go.

Bad: The solo inside cabins are now sold out.

Ugly: The price for me to get an outside solo is $1600 and this is before airfare. :(

For another $150 (including the single sup) I can get a VB with double C&A points.

Normally I would not sweat (too much) the $1600 considering it's the group cruise, but it's too clo$e to our 9 night Navigator in Nov 2017.

Having stayed solo in a virtual balcony on Quantum, I can say it is a great experience!

Hi, I just received a quote from MEI to book this cruise, I am wanting to book it for my Sons Birthday (Sept 18th). I am trying to decide which cabin we would want. We have cruised on Oasis before. I am looking at either an accessible OV balcony D3 and D4 are same price. With decks 9, 10,12, and 14 to choose from. As well I am considering an accessible JS on deck 14, ( only accessible one) however that one is right under the kids splash bay. I am concerned about noise there. Scraping chairs etc. If we booked the JS with double points we would make Diamond on this sailing. Decisions...decisions.

Any suggestions or advice from the experts?

Thanks

Laura

Hi, I just received a quote from MEI to book this cruise, I am wanting to book it for my Sons Birthday (Sept 18th). I am trying to decide which cabin we would want. We have cruised on Oasis before. I am looking at either an accessible OV balcony D3 and D4 are same price. With decks 9, 10,12, and 14 to choose from. As well I am considering an accessible JS on deck 14, ( only accessible one) however that one is right under the kids splash bay. I am concerned about noise there. Scraping chairs etc. If we booked the JS with double points we would make Diamond on this sailing. Decisions...decisions.

Any suggestions or advice from the experts?

Thanks

Laura

Hi Laura!

If it were me, I'd skip the JS under the pool area.  Probably an overreaction, but better safe than sorry.

OK I have asked for a quote for the group sailing, either a virtual balcony or the next step up, hopefully I will hear from them some time tomorrow.

Please let me know if you do not hear back. Hoping you will be joining us!

OK I got my quote and like Wilson said there are no more virtual cabins available, although you go on RCCL.com and they have plenty, just not for the group cruise. I would have to get a balcony and the price, wait for it, is $2500 with insurance and taxes. Can't afford that, too much for a solo cruiser. 

OK I got my quote and like Wilson said there are no more virtual cabins available, although you go on RCCL.com and they have plenty, just not for the group cruise. I would have to get a balcony and the price, wait for it, is $2500 with insurance and taxes. Can't afford that, too much for a solo cruiser. 

Book the cruise through Royal direct if the group agent does not offer what you need. Yes a few of the group only things on the cruise done by the group operator will be out for you. But will not stop you from doing 95% of the things the group does.  Not through this group but on other cruises I have gone to private group only things and non group members attended and no one threw them over board for doing so.

If you want to take the cruise and you need to book outside the cruise do it.

Are you talking about solo staterooms or virtual balcony rooms? They are two different things.

Also, any room available through RC's site can be rolled into the group.

Book the cruise through Royal direct if the group agent does not offer what you need. Yes a few of the group only things on the cruise done by the group operator will be out for you. But will not stop you from doing 95% of the things the group does.  Not through this group but on other cruises I have gone to private group only things and non group members attended and no one threw them over board for doing so.

If you want to take the cruise and you need to book outside the cruise do it.

I will add my two cents.

The number one reason to book with the group is to support Royal Caribbean Blog.  Supporting our sponsors in turn supports the blog and it gives our group as a whole more "buying power" with RC.

While you are right that a majority of events are still open, I will use Allure of the Seas as an example. On that group cruise, folks in the group received

• Free lunch at Sabor
  • $100 onboard credit
  • Goody bag in their stateroom

I will add my two cents.

The number one reason to book with the group is to support Royal Caribbean Blog.  Supporting our sponsors in turn supports the blog and it gives our group as a whole more "buying power" with RC.

While you are right that a majority of events are still open, I will use Allure of the Seas as an example. On that group cruise, folks in the group received

• Free lunch at Sabor
  • $100 onboard credit
  • Goody bag in their stateroom

Matt, I agree with you 100% and we should all support you and the blog.  But if you read the post I was replying to the poster said they would not take the cruise because of no cabins they wanted were available through your group tour operator. 

The poster listed two options take the cruise with your operator (but no cabin) or stay home. Again,  I agree with you go through your tour operator first. But if the choice is have a site member takes the cruise as part of the official group or that member stays home, I submit a better option is take the cruise as a normal passenger. 

Is it not better to have a blog member on the cruise vs. staying home, regardless of how they book? Some support from a blog member is better than no support.

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your input. I might be wrong, but I am on a group RCCL cruise to Alaska with a church group, don't belong, my travel agent asked if I could go with them and they said yes. The group rate is over $200 less than the online rate. Plus the TA got us $50 of OBC and there are other perks.

I didn't know about the perks with the RCCL Blog group cruise but there is no discount to book with the group, no OBC, nothing according to the agent I am talking with. As Wilson pointed out there are no rooms in the category we are both looking at, (solo stateroom, which when solo are so much cheaper but there are solo when you book online). The agent did email me this morning and said he misspoke, that there were virutal balconies available on Deck 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11. So he is now preparing another quote for me to see if this might be what I want.

I think my problem is there just isn't a break with this group cruise and the two that I have taken there is always reduced fares, OBC and other extras, but none with this cruise.

Just to get to meet all of you, I will probably book it if it is reasonably priced. I love the blog and want to support it as much as I can.

Todd no where in my post did I say I would stay at home, I said the price is way to much for me and I can't afford that. I am still working on the quote or might book outside the group. You kind of go out in left field with your posts and misread a lot into a someones post. I know you have a right to your opinion but make sure you are quoting correctly.

Candie

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your input. I might be wrong, but I am on a group RCCL cruise to Alaska with a church group, don't belong, my travel agent asked if I could go with them and they said yes. The group rate is over $200 less than the online rate. Plus the TA got us $50 of OBC and there are other perks.

I didn't know about the perks with the RCCL Blog group cruise but there is no discount to book with the group, no OBC, nothing according to the agent I am talking with. As Wilson pointed out there are no rooms in the category we are both looking at, (solo stateroom, which when solo are so much cheaper but there are solo when you book online). The agent did email me this morning and said he misspoke, that there were virutal balconies available on Deck 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11. So he is now preparing another quote for me to see if this might be what I want.

I think my problem is there just isn't a break with this group cruise and the two that I have taken there is always reduced fares, OBC and other extras, but none with this cruise.

You are getting perks with the group cruise here, just different perks.  In addition, it's possible that the church group had many more in the group, which allowed for different terms to be arranged with Royal.  Note, here, that you are getting more OBC, specialty dining, and some additional amenities.  In addition, you are not bound to the group rules that other groups have which can result in different deposit rules (even non-refundable), different cancellation options and penalties, etc, so make sure that you're comparing apples to apples.  

The original post I replied too.

Todd no where in my post did I say I would stay at home, I said the price is way to much for me and I can't afford that. I am still working on the quote or might book outside the group. You kind of go out in left field with your posts and misread a lot into a someones post. I know you have a right to your opinion but make sure you are quoting correctly.

Candie

If you say "...the price is way to much for me and I can't afford that..." you are staying stay home, book outside, pay more, or take less of a cabin. Absolutely nothing was misleading or opinion, just a statement of the facts, as was posted. 

Thanks DocLC, that was what I was trying to do. I think the young man that was with MEI didn't know all about the cruise because I asked what perks were being offered and he told me none. I asked if there was a specialty dinner, any OBC, reduced deposit, anything that most groups get when they sign up and deposit for a cruise. He told me no there was nothing being offered. I explained to him that when I did a mock booking, my price online was exactly the same as his price for the group and usually the group is cheaper or has perks and he said the cruise had nothing given to the passenger.

That is why I am so confused.

I am still hoping to book, just looking at all my options.

I just have to meet all of you Royal Caribbean Insiders.

Firegal, why dont you send Matt an email asking if he can directly connect you with his contact at MEI.. I met her on the last group cruise and she is great.. That way she will be able to explain all the info to you and go over all your options..

Thanks DocLC, that was what I was trying to do. I think the young man that was with MEI didn't know all about the cruise because I asked what perks were being offered and he told me none. I asked if there was a specialty dinner, any OBC, reduced deposit, anything that most groups get when they sign up and deposit for a cruise. He told me no there was nothing being offered. I explained to him that when I did a mock booking, my price online was exactly the same as his price for the group and usually the group is cheaper or has perks and he said the cruise had nothing given to the passenger.

That is why I am so confused.

I am still hoping to book, just looking at all my options.

I just have to meet all of you Royal Caribbean Insiders.

Do me a favor and email me and I can definitely help you out. [email protected]

I feel like there might be some miscommunication and I apologize for that.

• 4 months later...

Hey I'm reviving this thread.  

1.  Mrs Cookingyo, myself and the Bubs are all signed up and very much looking forward to this cruise.

2.  Airfare is just starting to open up for the cruise time period and I was wondering will there be pre-cruise meet up the day before?  I don't need specifics, but a yea or no and approximately what time it may happen.  I'm trying to find a flight that won't break the bank yet gets the family in town to start the festivities.

Yes I am an over planner....

Someone else asked me about a meet up.  Not sure yet on details.  I'd certainly like to, but that will likely be a decision closer-in.  I can tell you that it's likely there will be, and as you know, I always advocate coming in at least a day early anyhow for your cruise.

Someone else asked me about a meet up.  Not sure yet on details.  I'd certainly like to, but that will likely be a decision closer-in.  I can tell you that it's likely there will be, and as you know, I always advocate coming in at least a day early anyhow for your cruise.

Keep me in the loop so I can decide if I'm going to randomly fly in and not tell you.