Royal Caribbean Blog

Live-ish + RECAP. Thanksgiving Adventure on Adventure OTS, 23 Nov to 1 Dec 2019

The internet is a little better just now because we are in port so there are less people trying to use it but it is still not working properly so I will definitely be doing a recap review with pics when I get home.

In the meantime if anyone else wants questions answered please go ahead and post and I will still try and get you the answers. 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's fly to Miami day! 😆 We are enjoying the hotel's included breakfast before walking over to the airport. It is a very good breakfast for a hotel of this category. There are hot items too and a

We are on our way! 😁 Our local airport is very quiet at this time of year. It mostly serves summer holidaymakers coming to enjoy our beautiful beaches.

In the words of the old John Denver song – “All my bags are packed, I’m ready to go”! I’m not quite standing outside the door yet though since we don’t set off until tomorrow afternoon. We (mysel

Posted Images

1 hour ago, FionaMG said:

The internet is a little better just now because we are in port so there are less people trying to use it but it is still not working properly so I will definitely be doing a recap review with pics when I get home.

In the meantime if anyone else wants questions answered please go ahead and post and I will still try and get you the answers. 

Are you all at seas on Thanksgiving day or in port, I'm sure the main dining room will feature turkey on Thursday, enjoy the cruise.

4 hours ago, FionaMG said:

Yes, we are having a great time. 😁 The internet thing is annoying but it's not the end of the world. 

We have passed through the Schooner bar each evening. Last night and the night before there was a pianist called Peter James. The bar was busy and people seemed to having a great time. Tonight it was a guitarist called Lorenzo (maybe Peter's day off?) and the bar was much quieter.

Thanks for the feedback.  It shows that the musician makes a difference.  Glad that Peter James had a big crowd. Hopefully he's a regular on the ship then.

16 hours ago, Dan Curtis said:

Are you all at seas on Thanksgiving day or in port, I'm sure the main dining room will feature turkey on Thursday, enjoy the cruise.

We will be in St. Martin. Apparently there will be a special Thanksgiving menu in the MDR. Not being from the US, this is a first-time experience for us. I am hoping to get the chance to try pumpkin pie! 😁

So, update on the internet situation. They brought a technician on board today who was able to identify the problem but not fix it because he didn't have the right tools. The voom man said that tomorrow, when we are in St. Martin, is the last chance to fix it as we have two sea days after that. ☹️

2 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

So, update on the internet situation. They brought a technician on board today who was able to identify the problem but not fix it because he didn't have the right tools. The voom man said that tomorrow, when we are in St. Martin, is the last chance to fix it as we have two sea days after that. ☹️

This reminds me of the ol’ sayin’....”I have goods news and I have bad news...”

On 11/26/2019 at 5:47 PM, WannaCruise said:

Thanks for the feedback.  It shows that the musician makes a difference.  Glad that Peter James had a big crowd. Hopefully he's a regular on the ship then.

The crowd was standing 3 or 4 deep in the passageway outside the Schooner bar tonight. The place was hopping and he had everyone singing along.

2 hours ago, teddy said:

Thank you for this.  My wife and I will be on the same ship and itinerary Jan 18-26.

It's a great itinerary and has been an excellent cruise. 😆

Just two sea days left now till they make us get off.

I don't have to go right back to work when we get home, so I will have time to do the recap next week. If you have any particular questions, feel free to ask.

Well the internet seems to be working much better now. Looks like they may actually have managed to fix it. Fingers crossed.

Dinner tonight was very nice. The menu was presented like a rolled-up scroll, tied with a yellow ribbon. The wait staff were collecting them after taking the orders but I asked if I could keep it. 😁

P_20191128_190349_p.thumb.jpg.f66f0f486e7d73abfa3b57e8087a0823.jpg

I started with the sweet potato and butternut squash soup, which was very good.

P_20191128_192446_p.thumb.jpg.04c80feb449753defc67c62c4385dc2e.jpg

The beef wellington was excellent, very tender and tasty. Luckily we ordered it done medium rare; I think if we had asked for medium well it would probably have been too dry.

P_20191128_200344_p.thumb.jpg.5fbc7a1c62caa71eafb9f0f152a606d4.jpg

And for dessert, since I couldn't decide between the pumpkin pie and the pecan tart, I just asked for both! 😀 They were very good. It was just a pity I was too full to finish them!

P_20191128_202340_p.thumb.jpg.99eeeb7857311b8189d07f99e0ca88ee.jpg

20 hours ago, FionaMG said:

It's a great itinerary and has been an excellent cruise. 😆

Just two sea days left now till they make us get off.

I don't have to go right back to work when we get home, so I will have time to do the recap next week. If you have any particular questions, feel free to ask.

Thank you.  🙂 

I am looking forward to having two sea days back to back.  

3 hours ago, teddy said:

Thank you.  🙂 

I am looking forward to having two sea days back to back.  

I know the feeling. I especially like having them at the end of the cruise as it gives you time to relax and recover from the port days before having to get round to the dreaded packing.

Tonight was lobster night.

P_20191129_185811_p.thumb.jpg.9efd92bd07b893112a1cf369de9a3cec.jpg

We took our assistant waiter up on his suggestion to make it into a surf and turf dish.

P_20191129_193446_p.thumb.jpg.8c8a930f66be26fa879b5d49891e239f.jpg

I had the "molten" chocolate cake which was disappointingly unmolten.

P_20191129_201557_p.thumb.jpg.9e5b661b535becc780d2078f740b2aee.jpg

And Fernando had the baked alaska which was fine.

P_20191129_201630_p.thumb.jpg.e81ef50349c05990ddba23086d6282e2.jpg

We saw some of the 50th birthday cakes being distributed to nearby tables but for some reason none of them made it to ours. Not that I had room for it anyway.

Today is our last day on board and the ship has been rocking quite a lot since we left St. Martin. We went to the Captain's question time this morning and he said it is due to a weather system 200 miles to the north.  Somebody else told us there is a massive storm brewing covering a large part of the US so I hope it will not impact anyone who is due to sail this weekend.

The internet has been much better since we left St. Martin.

They acknowledged the issue and refunded 40% of the package cost to my onboard account.

P_20191129_221036_p.thumb.jpg.0a97f9e5f9bd873b6e77be64de1642e3.jpg

I kind of feel it should have been more than that since it wasn't fixed until day 6 but since I was using it for the other days, even if it was not up to par, I guess I won't quibble.

I have saved all of the Compasses and will post the pics when I do the recap, as well as sending them to Matt to post in the Compass section.

I also have most of the MDR menus and will see if I can get the two I am missing later on in the diamond lounge so I can them all too.

Well, they made us get off the ship yesterday. Boo. 😢

From the last wake-up call to putting our key in the front door this morning, we went 24 straight hours, so we are pretty zonked out. 

I will be starting my recap review after I have had some rest, and will post all the stuff I couldn't post while on board.

Thanks again to everyone who tried to follow despite the internet issues. I hope you will stay with me for the recap. 😊

• FionaMG changed the title to Live-ish + RECAP. Thanksgiving Adventure on Adventure OTS, 23 Nov to 1 Dec 2019