heffy2

Anthem 10/24-11/2 The Last Canada/NE of the Season

15 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I love 270.  I think it's such a wonderful space.  Whether there is a show on or not, I just love being in there.

Same. I spent a lot of time there, reading when it was too cold to be outside on my sea days from Bermuda.

Bar Harbor has been wonderful! I could really see myself living here, even in the winter. We went on an RCI tour, which was the first time I’ve done a ship tour since Alaska in 1998. We went on the Acadia Nation Park/Lobster lunch tour, and it was great. The guide gave us a lot of cool info, and the people on the tour with us were great. I’m currently hanging out at Atlantic Brewing Co while my mom shops.

20FD7A63-1C43-4CE8-BB83-C5B4414EA37B.jpeg

1F7869C1-1007-4F21-BA76-A4C778DEA13C.jpeg

6E0E0AB8-94EC-4A8E-B16D-CC8A2E3D65A3.jpeg

977AB90C-8373-4511-8036-DEC0D62DC97D.jpeg

B888131E-F4D9-4D39-A957-C9BAC6924032.jpeg

E07D2FAC-E8BE-4F08-A02C-376B0E3D518F.jpeg

1 hour ago, heffy2 said:

I could really see myself living here, even in the winter.

Just be aware, Bar Harbor in winter is almost a ghost town, with a long drive to get to Portland or even a more modest area like Lewiston/Auburn.

And winters can be harsh; I had a job interview there when I was still thinking research was my jam, and ended up in the middle of a near-blizzard on the drive from airport to hotel. If that sort of scene is still to your liking, it can be a great place to live; by all accounts the locals are very friendly with everyone who moves there and it's a great community.

4 hours ago, heffy2 said:

We went on an RCI tour, which was the first time I’ve done a ship tour since Alaska in 1998. We went on the Acadia Nation Park/Lobster lunch tour, and it was great.

We're headed there in July.  Debated between the one you did and the Ultimate Island Experience.  We booked the Island Experience instead.  This is one of the ports that we are most excited for, mainly because it is very different from what we are used to.

I’m sitting here in the solarium enjoying breakfast, and the couple sitting next to me is repeating a familiar refrain onboard this morning. There ya a little issue tendering last night in Bar Harbor. A large well developed around 4:30, and tendering had to stop for about an hour and a half. I heard the local tender guys from my balcony saying that there were over 1200 people waiting. Now, the conspiracy theory’s are in full force. The people next to me believe it was Royals fault for not being prepared for the volume of people with walkers and canes! 🤦🏻‍♂️