TJ!

People With Unpopular Opinons?

2 minutes ago, JohnK6404 said:

It is truly strange how many people have no clue what cruising is like... and when they try it, most of them are hooked!

I tell them imagine that your all-inclusive resort travels with you from exotic port to port. At least a ship can navigate around/avoid storms and change an itinerary if necessary. If you are at a land resort and you get hit with bad weather you're out of luck and you're not going anywhere.

What is the stat? Something like 20-30 million people cruise each year? Yes, something could happen, but what are the odds? 

Reduce those odds significantly and stay away from Carnival... LOL! Had to get that in!  😎

#loyaltoroyal hahaha

Everyone has their own style of vacation that they enjoy and that's usually where I steer the conversation.

An analogy, I love attending NFL games, full day, tailgating, etc.  I had a friend who loved concerts, Grateful Dead style.  I would take him to a game and he would take me to a concert.  We were both respectively bored.  We finally agreed to do our own thing, remained great friends.

I say let them be closed minded, that's a few less people that I have to stand in line behind at embarkation, the Windjammer, and Bingo!  I say don't sweat it, let them listen to Matt's recent podcast, and while you onboard book another vacation!!

1 hour ago, bhageerah said:

I say let them be closed minded, that a few less people that I have to stand in line behind at embarkation, the Windjammer, and Bingo!  I say don't sweat it, let them listen to Matt's recent podcast, and while you onboard book another vacation!!

now all i need is some more money 😂

FAKE NEWS  I MEAN FALSE COMMENTS. None of those facts are even close to the truth.  Those comments are such a joke. Almost as bad as the people who write bad reviews on various sites.  Those come from very unhappy people and will do anything or say or write anything just to see their name in print.  We totally dismiss those types of reviews all the time.  Cruising is the only way to go.  

Ships are dangerous......so are airplanes, trains, automobiles, movie theaters, malls, Walmart, schools, concerts, night clubs, riding a bike, riding a motorcycle, scuba diving, foul balls at baseball games, swimming, hurricanes, tornadoes, mud slides, forest fires, ice storms, earthquakes, getting too close to wildlife, boating, guns, poor diets, obesity, smoking, alcohol, second hand smoke, vaping ......

I guess I'll just assume a fetal position in my basement and hope for the best.

12 hours ago, Ditchdoc said:

Ships are dangerous......so are airplanes, trains, automobiles, movie theaters, malls, Walmart, schools, concerts, night clubs, riding a bike, riding a motorcycle, scuba diving, foul balls at baseball games, swimming, hurricanes, tornadoes, mud slides, forest fires, ice storms, earthquakes, getting too close to wildlife, boating, guns, poor diets, obesity, smoking, alcohol, second hand smoke, vaping ......

I guess I'll just assume a fetal position in my basement and hope for the best.

you forgot just randomly dying out of the blue lol

10 hours ago, Rose City Cruiser said:

The ones bashing cruising probably do not even travel at all.  When I was in university, I was surprised to meet so many people who have never left their home province/state in their lives! 

It's true!!! 80% or so of the people I know has never left their state!

On 8/23/2019 at 7:15 PM, JohnK6404 said:

I tell them imagine that your all-inclusive resort travels with you from exotic port to port.

... and the liquor choices are better. Enjoy your included ONE or TWO beers and lackluster liquor selection. There is a reason an all-inclusive is "so much cheaper" and "includes alcohol" because it's no different than your buddies basement! :) 

I have to say I take loads of vacations all over.  from driving the wine country in France, to traipsing around London, the beaches of Brittany and Gulf coast florida and visiting the Keys.  I used to live in Nassau and i hated when cruise ships came to town- too many people.  So just avoided town those days.

But then I tried cruising and i loved it- esp when cruising with my kids.  Sure it is different from land based vacations, but i find different good sometimes.  And the value is decent with all that is included.

On 8/23/2019 at 3:02 PM, TJ! said:

I just told some close friends and relatives of mine about my excitement of going on my first cruise ever in Jan, 2020 on Symphony of the Seas.

Their response was rather unexpected to what I was use to hearing or hoped for, to be honest disappointed in their lack of perspective/paranoia 

Key points from their response was:

"Good luck getting sick from either the people, food, or motion of the seas"

"Lots of ship stranded in the middle of the ocean recently"

"be careful I heard people go missing without a trace"

"risk of being a victim of a crime or being sick is extremely high nowadays"

"stuck in a storm with 75mph+ winds, ordered to stay in cabin"

Of course my rebuttal was saying these are less that slim odds if you apply common sense and keep hygienic standards.

If you let paranoia rule your thoughts of any vacation regardless of land or sea, you'll never really enjoy life.

Then I reminded them of the higher odds of driving a car everyday.

Any thoughts or opinions on people who see things like this and how not to let them bog down you're impending vacations?

Wow! Talk about a bunch of Debbie Downers!

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 3:02 PM, TJ! said:

I just told some close friends and relatives of mine about my excitement of going on my first cruise ever in Jan, 2020 on Symphony of the Seas.

Their response was rather unexpected to what I was use to hearing or hoped for, to be honest disappointed in their lack of perspective/paranoia 

Key points from their response was:

"Good luck getting sick from either the people, food, or motion of the seas"

"Lots of ship stranded in the middle of the ocean recently"

"be careful I heard people go missing without a trace"

"risk of being a victim of a crime or being sick is extremely high nowadays"

"stuck in a storm with 75mph+ winds, ordered to stay in cabin"

Of course my rebuttal was saying these are less that slim odds if you apply common sense and keep hygienic standards.

If you let paranoia rule your thoughts of any vacation regardless of land or sea, you'll never really enjoy life.

Then I reminded them of the higher odds of driving a car everyday.

Any thoughts or opinions on people who see things like this and how not to let them bog down you're impending vacations?

You are hanging around the wrong people.