Skid

Symphony Live(ish) coming up 5/18 to 5/25

At the gate waiting for our 3PM boarding for flight to Miami. We are TSA precheck, but for the 2nd consecutive time my wife was stopped for a random check. The agent, however. was soooo nice. She asked DW "Do you have a cell phone in your bag?" With the affirmative reply, she said "show it to me and have a great trip".

Personally, I think she was great with us because she was looking at my t-shirt and smiling.

Resized_20190517_134848-774x1032.thumb.jpeg.fece1be3a57010ba0f3dfa7aba4231bd.jpeg

20190517_142432-580x1031.thumb.jpg.1f775a363e6db7a6b725ddc29baf1f3c.jpg

1 hour ago, Skid said:

At the gate waiting for our 3PM boarding for flight to Miami. We are TSA precheck, but for the 2nd consecutive time my wife was stopped for a random check. The agent, however. was soooo nice. She asked DW "Do you have a cell phone in your bag?" With the affirmative reply, she said "show it to me and have a great trip".

Personally, I think she was great with us because she was looking at my t-shirt and smiling.

Resized_20190517_134848-774x1032.thumb.jpeg.fece1be3a57010ba0f3dfa7aba4231bd.jpeg

20190517_142432-580x1031.thumb.jpg.1f775a363e6db7a6b725ddc29baf1f3c.jpg

What a great sight !!

4 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

What a great sight !!

Yes it is!

4 hours ago, hayley_bopp said:

Safe travels

Thank you so much

3 hours ago, CGTLH said:

Debating if I should hijack this one or start my own... 

@CGTLH I'm easy. Whatever you prefer, go for it! Is @AshleyDillowith you again? 

2 hours ago, DDaley said:

Teamwork live blog! I like it! 

That made me lol!

At the hotel restaurant now...more to follow.

Very happy with this hotel...Hilton Blue Lagoon. It's really nice with a great staff. They have free airport shuttle and also a shuttle to the cruiseport for $13 per person. We reserved the 10AM shuttle and hope to be at Terminal A by 10:30.

20190517_203614-580x1031.thumb.jpg.0a7048df7e3464535b66a84777ace400.jpg

When we checked in they handed us an envelope and said we had been selected as the Hilton Honors member of the day, upgraded us to "a room with a view" and vouchers for free breakfast tomorrow.

Resized_20190517_192331-1031x580.thumb.jpeg.e5ec739ee46b39204b99ee6a95f5167a.jpeg

Don't know how much sleep we'll get tonight, but obviously looking forward to tomorrow morning!

I'll take a cue from @Skid and post my precruise details.

My day started off at waking up at 5:30 am for a 8:45 am direct flight from Tallahassee to Miami. Upon landing and retrieving my luggage, waiting at baggage claim for what felt longer than the flight was. After collecting my bags a Lyft was requested to the hotel for the night Marriott at Biscayne Bay [Lyft fare (7.27mi, 16m 7s) $17].  Surprisingly a room was ready for an 11 am check in. View from the room is nice being able to see PortMiami and the home for @Matt for the next three days way out in the distance.

20190517_111320-1008x756.thumb.jpg.ec0bd121750af31727ec2bee5e445d11.jpg

After settling in the itch to head back out took over. To satisfy it public transportation was embraced and took the free Miami MetroMover to the closest stop near Bayside Marketplace, from MetroMover stop to Bayside Marketplace place was a bit over a quarter of a mile. Biggest challenge was crossing the major street.

Walking around Bayside Marketplace worked up an appetite and my travel companion had an itch to visit a barbeque joint from their time back in Miami. Conveniently the restaurant, Shorty's, is located right next to a Miami MetroRail stop. So hopped back on the MetroMover to a station that connected to the MetroRail. Procured a fare card for the cost of the round trip ($4.50) and was off to the Dadeland South stop. After dining headed back back to the hotel using the MetroRail and MetroMover combination.

Back at the hotel nothing more special to really report. The room is reasonably sized, plenty of room to move around in it.

Now time to try and get some more sleep.

For all sake of cross posting, I'm doing a separate thread dedicated to the Unlimited Dining Package: 

1 hour ago, CGTLH said:

Now time to try and get some more sleep

@CGTLHWell that's somewhat difficult on this end while being invaded! Just kidding. I'm actually looking forward to your UDP thread. We have the BOGO, along with the Key Chops lunch. I want to try for Wonderland, 150 Central Park and Hooked.  But now, I'll be waiting for your invitation to get us in to Coastal Kitchen. Yup. I said it!😂

G'night all.

Good morning all! @CGTLH , hope you slept well. I woke up for a minute or so every couple of hours, but all is good. We had what @Lovetocruise2002 calls a first world problem. As previously mentioned, the hotel offered us free breakfast, but since the Key lunch at Chops starts as early as 11:30 we didn't want to fill up here. So sad, right?😁

So, settling for some coffee and will await the 10 AM shuttle to the port and the OMG moment of seeing Symphony (or any Oasis class) for the first time! 

Oh, mostly sunny and 80 here in Miami.

3 hours ago, Skid said:

We had what @Lovetocruise2002 calls a first world problem. As previously mentioned, the hotel offered us free breakfast, but since the Key lunch at Chops starts as early as 11:30 we didn't want to fill up here. So sad, right?😁

You did have a "first world problem" but you did not handle it the "Stubborn Canadian Scorpio" way.  I would have had the free breakfast and Chops 😉  You're on vacation!

Ditto the re the drop off. But once at the pier, very impressed! Key boarding was REALLY fast, expedited through security and on board in about 5 minutes. Went to the theater to check our carry on luggage that they will deliver inside the cabin by the time we get there..part of the Key program.

Then went to the specialty dining kiosk to see what they assigned for the BOGO. He immediately said we could pick whatever restaurants we want on whatever night we want. That was a pleasant surprise. So we have Wonderland for tomorrow, 150 Central Park for Monday and we also got Hooked for Tuesday. Then Solarium Bistro for Wednesday. MDR tonite, Thursday (Lobster Night) and Friday.

Then went to excursion desk to reserve the exact bungalow we wanted that we bought on Black Friday.

Then off to and still in Chops enjoying the Key lunch. Great little bread and pretzel bowl to start with. Mushroom soup and shrimp cocktail appetizer. Filet was good but not as good as Adventure last cruise and could have been warmer. Excellent service so far and it's pretty crowded.

Cabin should be ready after this and then we'll start exploring.

20190518_120250-580x1031.jpg

20190518_122222-580x1031.jpg

Holding true to word, Royal is consistent at being inconsistent... Saw a sign for the beverage packages, showed Deluxe for $70 ppd. Right next to it buy first day BOGO50 offer, $66 and $33 ppd...

If I see the two signs together again I'll grab a shot.

Update: Saw another sign with all the packages listed. $66, $29, $12.99. Guessing DX must be $66