Irieman

Freedom of the Seas Jan 20th. - 7 day Southern Carribean

Well, not to pull latitude on you but I started my trip in Augusta Maine which was zero last night. I have gained 82 degrees on this voyage. 😀

The sun continues to shine today on board. Too hot for a full day of sun so we took a relaxed lunch crawl  from pizza and sandwiches on the royal promonade to dessert at the Windjammer. Next we took in the ice show which is the most action packed of the few I have seen on other ships. Always amazed at the talent level! Now back behind the flowrider on a lounger watching the expanse of the ocean behind us. 

20 hours ago, Boston Babe said:

LOL!  If only!  21F!!!  Yesterday was 12 for a high! and I live near that Mason Dixon Line

I'm also near that same line (15 minutes north) and the Potomac River (15 minutes south)  --- It was Zero when I woke up this morning --- you know, as Bob Turk says on Channel 13, for all those north & west of the city ..... THAT'S US .....WAY WEST!!!!

7 hours ago, Boston Babe said:

LOL!  If only!  21F!!!  Yesterday was 12 for a high! and I live near that Mason Dixon Line

5 hours ago, coneyraven said:

I'm also near that same line (15 minutes north) and the Potomac River (15 minutes south)  --- It was Zero when I woke up this morning --- you know, as Bob Turk says on Channel, for all those north & west of the city ..... THAT'S US .....WAY WEST!!!!

And in NJ it was down in the single digits all day yesterday, and all of mid- to upper-20s today. Freaking JUNO and REYKJAVIK were warmer than us!! 😂

The sea day continued with dinner in the MDR, a late sunset promonade walk, a bit of music at Boleros, followed by our first ever top tier event and ending with the headliner show. For us, a busy evening!

Here are my thoughts...

As part of My Time dining we asked for a window seat for two. For us it is well worth it not just for the view but adds to the privacy. Most tables for two have other tables for two lined up so tight you feel like your tables run together. 

Our first top tier event was enjoyable with a Captains welcome and Q and A session. For the Platinum level, non alcoholic drinks and musical entertainment was followed by the speaches and awards. Very nice indeed. 

I am super excited for the next three ports. I have wanted to do the ABC Islands forever. My chance starts tomorrow!

0122191921.jpg

0122191018.jpg

The sea day continued with dinner in the MDR, a late sunset promonade walk, a bit of music at Boleros, followed by our first ever top tier event and ending with the headliner show. For us, a busy evening!

Here are my thoughts...

As part of My Time dining we asked for a window seat for two. For us it is well worth it not just for the view but adds to the privacy. Most tables for two have other tables for two lined up so tight you feel like your tables run together. 

Our first top tier event was enjoyable with a Captains welcome and Q and A session. For the Platinum level, non alcoholic drinks and musical entertainment was followed by the speaches and awards. Very nice indeed. 

I am super excited for the next three ports. I have wanted to do the ABC Islands forever. My chance starts tomorrow!

Hi. 

Following along all the way from Denmark. My family and I are going on a cruise from San Juan in October (4 kids aged 1-10) and 8 adults. If you have the time, could you please take a couple of pictures of the baby splash area and the kids area. 

Have a great cruise, can’t wait for our trip  

This slightly delayed recap of a port day in Curacao just shows that it was a jam packed day of fun and sun!

First off, Curacao has rocketted up the charts as one of my favorite ports. Theb15 minute walk to the city center  is as nice as I have found. Your start out along the water and go through an old stone fort converted into ships. Definitely go up the walls for a nice view of the harbor. After  that you make your across the historic floating bridge and into city center. We spent the morning on our own looking at the architecture and finding the old continuous used synagogue in the Western hemsphire. The building was first used in 1732. There was a $10 charge to walk the grounds, and visit the museum. We also had a half hour talk from the rabbi on the history. 

After a quick lunch on board we met our excursion that took us to the limestone caves. The caves where nice but the tour guide pointing out all the sites to and from the other side of the island was even more enjoyable. Ziza, our guide, was a bundle of joy and energy. The second part of the tour was a guided exploration of the city center with Ziza. The hour plus walk was the highlight of the excursion. I will let the photos speak for adventure!

Back on board we enjoyed a rack of lamb and chicken parmesan in the MDR and then had our traditional slow walk around the outside promonade on deck 4. There is something special being up on the helipad at last light. 

There was no headliner of production show tonight so it was an early night for us. We love the shows so always are disappointed when there isn't one. 

Tomorrow, err today is Bonaire and we just got cleared. Time for snorkeling! @Camilla I will get the kids area phots today!

0123190956_HDR.jpg

0123191247b.jpg

0123191012_HDR.jpg

0123190940_HDR.jpg

0123191532.jpg

0123191447.jpg

Recap of Bonaire and Aruba! Part 1

It's been busy doing so many things I will have to condense the two days into this one post. 

The day in Bonaire started with us watching Freedom dock on a very small pier. As I mentioned, watching the different ways each port ties up the ship has been facinating. The big Panoramic windows tilt out a good two feet so the view is enhanced in all directions. After a windjammer breakfast we headed out to a snokel and beach break at Coco beach. The snorkeling was good but the beach break was very crowded. It reminded me of some of the places in Phillipsburg St. Maarten. For us, if you have to find your row to get to your beach chair it's to crowded. Again, the fish were colorful and plentiful so it wasn't a total thumbs down. 

The best part of the day was the afternoon. After lunch on board we went into town. The street fair vendors were true island artisans and we shopped more here than the last 10 ports. The whole center of town hand a real pleasant feel and we lingered a long time. With bath salts, jewelery and gifts in town, we headed back. 

Back on board we realized that on this trip, day five was formal night.  Feeling so good from the day we posed for photos and had a delicious meal in the MDR. The Las Vegas Tenors headlined. They said they did over 50 RC cruises last year. It was our first time seeing the and we along with the crowd enjoyed the performance. Off to sleep to get ready for Aruba.

Quick thoughts - Sprinkles is broken. Oh the humanity! - I know the late leaving  ports of call effect show times but they just seem to be at very odd times. - Is it me or does the schooner bar and boleros always seem to need about double the seats when they just entertainment - freedom class ships have such an impressive profile when docked with other ships. Proud to be on her!

0124191313a.jpg

0124192118.jpg

0124191700b.jpg

Following, we will be on Freedom late Feb for Southern Caribbean. Our very 1st cruise ever. So excited. We do St Thomas, St Kitts, Aruba & Curacao, wonder why they change the itineraries?

8 hours ago, Nay said:

Following, we will be on Freedom late Feb for Southern Caribbean. Our very 1st cruise ever. So excited. We do St Thomas, St Kitts, Aruba & Curacao, wonder why they change the itineraries?

@Nay those ports are a unique collection of eastern and southern locations.  It's a great mix! As for why, not sure but it boils down to demand and making a profit. RC certainly has their set patterns but they do sometimes change it up.  I think you choice a perfect itinerary.