Bob_KY reacted to Mason in RCI Fleet... as models
First of all, I would like to say a HUGE thank you to those members who helped me complete my collection (special mention to Jerel and Steve L).
I now have the entire RCI fleet in model form. I think I need a bigger display cabinet!!
Pics are below...
Bob_KY got a reaction from EmersonNZ in Australian 'benefits'
I was given the party line about cruising and being linked with non-suite family members (both are Diamond level C&A members). We can't include them on tours and other benefits. I understand but wanted to verify. The complimentary internet as a suite benefit is only associated with the Oasis and Quantum Class Ships.
Bob_KY got a reaction from poider in Australian 'benefits'
They initiated the first email. Typically, one week prior to your sail date. I think you can reach out before that. Matt, this blog site administer, has posted about reaching out to your ship Concierge, i do not recall the details.
I got a personal response within 2hrs, addressing non-suite family members (diamond members) cruising with us and internet service.
Bob_KY got a reaction from poider in Australian 'benefits'
Poiter. Below is an extract of the email from the Concierge before we board the Radiance of the Seas (Grand Suite), next week. The Radiance is repositioning from Aussie itineraries to Alaskan itineraries. I think benefits would be similar. I did ask questions based on the info below and they were quickly answered.
---- Xxxxx -----
It is my pleasure to welcome you onboard the beautiful Radiance of the Seas®. We are honored that you have selected Royal Caribbean International for your cruise vacation.
My name is xxxx cccccccb bbbb, your Concierge onboard. I am here to assist you with any requests you may have throughout your cruise vacation and I am available daily in the Concierge Club lounge
from 8:00 am to 11:00 am and from 4:30 pm to 8:00 pm.
As a special Suite Guest you are offered exclusive amenities and services not available to other guests onboard the Radiance of the Seas. For your convenience, here is a brief summary of those services:
· Especial Lunch on boarding day at the Cascade Dining Room from 11:30 am to 3:00 pm.
- Use of the Concierge Club located on Deck 13, mid ship.
- Continental breakfast served in the lounge daily from 8:00 am to 10:00 am
- Full breakfast will be served in Chop's Grille, Deck 6, following the dining room opening hours schedule posted in the Cruise Compass every day. This breakfast is for 1 hour and half only.
- Hors d' oeuvres, petit fours and complimentary bar setup (Wine and spirits) served in the lounge every evening from 4:30 pm to 8:00 pm.
- Daily snacks served in the Concierge Club around 12:00 noon.
- Dinner Menu displayed daily and pre-ordering of your dinner wine.
- Reservations for any of our specialty restaurants (Chef's Table, Chops Grille!, Giovanni’s Table, Izumi, Samba Grill).
- Assistance with booking Shore Excursions! and Spa appointments.
- Private Bridge Tours. Please see your Concierge to book by Day 2, as deadline is set at 6:00 pm.
- Reserved VIP Area for evening shows at the Aurora Theater on Deck 6 starboard side (right side). No reservations needed.
- Complimentary pressing service on the first Formal Night only (One set per guest).
- Please refer to the Blue Binder in your suite for any information regarding the lounge services. Kindly ask your Concierge for any type of accessibility, benefits, services or general information you may need.
Bob_KY reacted to DocLC in Why doesn't RC cruise here?
They would need to have a US flagged ship or lobby to get the current legislation changed. That's why there's cruelty a requirement for all cruises of a foreign port stop and why cruises to nowhere have gone away.
NCL America once had three US flagged vessels; they're down to one as it was financially feasible. The Norwegian Sky is the previous Pride of Aloha, hence her hull art.
Bob_KY reacted to CruiseLifeRick in Current Cruise Director & Activities Manager List
I wanted to see if we could commence a running Cruise Director and Activities Manager list here on the Royal Caribbean Blog Boards. As many of you know, the Cruise Director can be very influential in providing a fun and interactive experience while on a cruise and for this reason the question is often asked "who will be the cruise director on my sailing?" However, as with any position of importance, the Cruise Director also enlists the assistance of his or her Activities Manager to host a number of events throughout a sailing (e.g. trivia, bingo, karaoke, etc...). Therefore, I would also like to keep the list updated with the current Activities Managers whom many of us develop strong relationships with based on our varying degrees of participation in ship events.
While I know there are similar lists maintained elsewhere on the internet, my desire is to provide an easily accessed (thanks in part to the long-term edit function of these boards) and more user friendly document than what currently exists. In addition to receiving regular updates from the fantastic blog community that fill these boards with Royal Caribbean knowledge everyday, I also hope to leverage Kat's evergrowing Periscope community to obtain real time and accurate updates as to who holds these very important positions throughout the Royal Caribbean fleet. Below is my first stab at a draft of the list based on information I was able to retrieve from various social media and online content. As you can see, there are some blanks, which I am sure many of you will be able to assist with filling in. Please feel free to respond here with any list updates or any comments as to the format or layout of the document.
I would like to thank all of you in advance for any assistance you can provide with making this list a useful resource for Royal Caribbean cruisers.
Bob_KY reacted to DocLC in What is the best holiday to spend on a Royal Caribbean cruise?
This is part of the reason we chose Allure next year. It leaves on January 2nd for a six day cruise and was one of the few "big" ships that's wasn't sailing over NYE as we could only go that week because of my son's school schedule. It ended up being a lot less expensive as a result.
Bob_KY reacted to donprivett in Luggage Tags
This is something I found on another topic but works quite well. These luggage tags on Amazon make it easy so you don't need tape or staplers. I used them on my last trip, they look so much more professional.