Water issue.

New2thesea

So i leave on my first cruise next week and i have a water issue lol.

I really only drink water all day and i was going to buy a pack of water from the RCCL so it can be in my room but $39 for a 12 pack of 1 liter water is out of this world.

I thought about taking a pack of water with me in my carry on but i wanted to see if there was an easier way to have water in your room with out breaking the bank  or lugging a ton.

i am hoping water is still an option from like a soda dispenser or since i did not get the soda package i can't get that either ?

is my only option bringing water with me or is there something you all can suggest?

If you are a water snob who requires your water be poured into a plastic bottle, sealed and then handed to you to open ... nope ... you either buy it or carry it on board.

If you are a rational human being, the ship's water is made on board and is basically the same thing as distilled water that you buy at the store ... available for free throughout the ship.

I am one of these two types of people, my wife is the other , this does not make for happiness ;)

I have always found the tap water on a cruise ship to be just fine UNTIL we sailed on Liberty in September.  Their water was skunky.  I have never had bad cruise ship water until then.  Luckily we had the drink package so I was able to get bottled water.  Later in the cruise I noticed that the ship's water had lost that skunky taste (and smell) so I'm not sure what was wrong with the early water but in the end, it was fine.

I have gone both ways, I have taken my water onboard and for the past few cruises I have made it MUCH easier on myself and just thrown a stainless steel vacuum sealed bottle (such as YETI or the generic Walmart version) in my backpack and filled it several places onboard.  There are more than enough places to get ice and water, even on the smallest ship we have been on (Majesty of the Seas) there were several places to fill it rather easily.  The only catch is that you can not put your bottle directly underneath the fill station for understandable sanitary reasons, so you have to use a clean cup to fill whatever you bring with you.  I say that because if you do decide to go this route you want something that has a wide enough mouth to pour water into without making a complete mess!?

That is a myth, done it on several cruises.  What happens at the terminal and what they say are two completely different things.  If my memory serves me right they have even recently made it official and said that you can bring on water as long as it was a reasonable amount, once again if my memory serves me correctly the amount was about a case or so.  I remember reading about it somewhere on the blog........