Jump to content
Royal Caribbean Blog

Recommended Posts

One thing I'm not clear on is where it's ok to drink the wine. I gather we can bring it to the dining room and of course drink it in our stateroom. But, can I pour a glass and walk around with it, or sit in a lounge chair with it?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Clarification on the corkage fee. No fee if you just drink it in your room (and you can ask your stateroom attendant for wine glasses with no charge). If you want to bring the bottle to the MDR or another restaurant to drink with your meal, then there is a $7.95(?) corkage fee. If you do the latter, you can ask the waiter to store your bottle if it’s not empty at the end of the meal, and then request it from any restaurant on the ship when you want it again. Just tell them your cabin number, and they’ll find it pronto.

42 minutes ago, ADK said:

One thing I'm not clear on is where it's ok to drink the wine. I gather we can bring it to the dining room and of course drink it in our stateroom. But, can I pour a glass and walk around with it, or sit in a lounge chair with it?

Yup, you can drink it anywhere. Pour a glass in your cabin and walk out to the helipad or solarium, or go to Vintages and make the staff wonder where you got that glass of tasty-looking red from. 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wine you bring on board is supposed to be consumed in the stateroom.  Drinking it outside of the stateroom is supposed to incur the corkage fee.

In practice this really only comes up if you bring the bottle itself to dinner.  If you are carrying a glass around it is pretty unlikely you would be asked about it as people carry wine glasses around all the time.  Technically you could be asked and they could charge you a corkage fee, but I have yet to hear such a thing happen.

That said, when people talk about freely ignoring rules regarding alcohol on board RCCL has cracked down on things.  Most recently the drink package fiasco.  So my advice is to enjoy the wine you brought on board in your room and if you decide to enjoy it any place else on the sly then keep it to yourself.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bring 2 bottles on board any way you want. Put your corkscrew in your suitcase and do not carry it on as it might be confiscated as a weapon.  Don`t bring the bottle to the M.D.R. or any fee restaurant . On  our cruise in Feb. we witnessed a couple across from us in Chops bring a bottle of wine to dinner and they were charged a corkage fee as well as a table across from us at dinner one evening in the M.D.R. got charged a corkage fee.  Neither party was too  happy but at least they did not come unglued.   We hand carry our wine on board so as not to have the suitcase opened when it shows up on X ray.   And mainly to avoid breakage in the suitcase and have a bag full of wine laced clothes.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to be clear, you can bring up to two bottles of wine per stateroom.  If you open the wine in your room, no corkage fee.

If you have your wine opened in a bar, lounge or restaurant, there is supposed to be a corkage fee at the time of opening.

You do not need to bring a corkscrew (nor should you) because your stateroom attendant can provide you with one for no additional fee.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Matt said:

Just to be clear, you can bring up to two bottles of wine per stateroom.  If you open the wine in your room, no corkage fee.

If you have your wine opened in a bar, lounge or restaurant, there is supposed to be a corkage fee at the time of opening.

You do not need to bring a corkscrew (nor should you) because your stateroom attendant can provide you with one for no additional fee.

Good to know! I carry a corkscrew in my purse everywhere I go 😂 Totally serious. I saved my friends wedding reception with that corkscrew last summer. But I've been wondering if I need it on our cruise or if it's even allowed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, heathercebs said:

Good to know! I carry a corkscrew in my purse everywhere I go 😂 Totally serious. I saved my friends wedding reception with that corkscrew last summer. But I've been wondering if I need it on our cruise or if it's even allowed. 

 

8 hours ago, whitsmom said:

I always keep a corkscrew in my travel bag.  I also have Vinolock that I reuse to pack my wine in.  We are flying into Vancouver the day before our cruise, so I will pack my wine (one per suitcase).  I will then move them to our carry-on for the cruise terminal.

 

6 hours ago, tiny260 said:

+1, always in my toiletries bag...

I've clearly been packing wrong my whole adult life! This will be rectified the next time I leave the house. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jce2 said:

Hey Hayley, I just got to ask...were you born in 1995?

 

 

3 hours ago, NS8VN said:

I would have guessed 1997 😉

 

3 hours ago, jce2 said:

Yea, 97 makes sense too as that was the year of perihelion.  I just chose the year of discovery.

 

😅😅 Nope! I'm a child the 80s but was given the nickname after the comet  🌠

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...