Jump to content
Matt

Introduce yourself!

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, coneyraven said:

Hello dear --- You need to change that profile picture ..... @twangster - we know Laurie & Dave ..... If you look at the next three cruises, they line up with ours.  We met Laurie & Dave back in '16 --- Can't imagine a cruise without them... They truly are part of our family.  Ahh yes, the magic of cruising.  Here's the 4 of us last year on Grandeur .... sans my missing tooth. 

FB_IMG_1533443952995.jpg

At my favorite place!  The "R" Bar!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Y'all, I'm excited! We are eyeballing the Southern Caribbean cruise on Navigator, over Christmas, and I'm so glad I found this site!

A bit of background for us: we are in Houston (hence my handle) it's me, my husband and 10-year-old daughter. DH and I have been on 2 cruises before (one way back before we were married, on Celebrity in 2001, to Alaska... in fact we were in the air flying back from that when 9/11 happened! eeek!), and then one in March 2003 to the Western Caribbean on Carnival, where my daughter and lots of relatives went along on that cruise, too. We figured out on that second one that we DEFINITELY enjoy cruising, and so now that life has settled down a bit, we want to get back into it (and also thankyew for the nice upcoming bonus at work this year, haha).

DH liked what he saw on the RC ships better, so we're looking to go that route. I'll be reading and looking around more for an idea on how to get the best deal we can for at least an ocean view. I saw that a new sale started today, so that's great. I'm ready to pull the trigger on this cruise, and DH just wants to look at it a bit more first. We'll probably move on it pretty soon.

Thanks! Love what I see on this site :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HtownHolly said:

Y'all, I'm excited! We are eyeballing the Southern Caribbean cruise on Navigator, over Christmas, and I'm so glad I found this site!

A bit of background for us: we are in Houston (hence my handle) it's me, my husband and 10-year-old daughter. DH and I have been on 2 cruises before (one way back before we were married, on Celebrity in 2001, to Alaska... in fact we were in the air flying back from that when 9/11 happened! eeek!), and then one in March 2003 to the Western Caribbean on Carnival, where my daughter and lots of relatives went along on that cruise, too. We figured out on that second one that we DEFINITELY enjoy cruising, and so now that life has settled down a bit, we want to get back into it (and also thankyew for the nice upcoming bonus at work this year, haha).

DH liked what he saw on the RC ships better, so we're looking to go that route. I'll be reading and looking around more for an idea on how to get the best deal we can for at least an ocean view. I saw that a new sale started today, so that's great. I'm ready to pull the trigger on this cruise, and DH just wants to look at it a bit more first. We'll probably move on it pretty soon.

Thanks! Love what I see on this site :)

OK, so got the greenlight from DH to book it. Woohoo! Better to do that directly through RC or through here/MEI (still trying to figure out what MEI is).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the blog !  You will find so much helpful information here !

MEI is a great travel agency and they are the sponsors of this blog site.  Even if they were not, I would use them.  Using a travel agent is entirely up to you.  There are numerous blog threads highlighting the value of using a good agent.  Look for these posts if you are interested.  You should not have to pay ANYthing for the services of a travel agent so if you find one that says that there is any kind of fee, I recommend you keep looking.  MEI does not charge for their services.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Welcome to the blog !  You will find so much helpful information here !

MEI is a great travel agency and they are the sponsors of this blog site.  Even if they were not, I would use them.  Using a travel agent is entirely up to you.  There are numerous blog threads highlighting the value of using a good agent.  Look for these posts if you are interested.  You should not have to pay ANYthing for the services of a travel agent so if you find one that says that there is any kind of fee, I recommend you keep looking.  MEI does not charge for their services.

Thanks :) I contacted MEI and had a couple rounds of emails with one of them yesterday at the end of the day. Waiting for them to call/email back this morning is killing me, hahah!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone!

I've been reading the boards for some time now and I thought it was time for me to jump in. 

My name is Christine, my husband is Taylor and we are planning our first cruise to the Southern Caribbean on Freedom of the Seas this October! My husband has cruised before when he was a kid but this will be my very first cruise. I haven't even gone yet and I think i'm hooked 😉 We never dreamed we would be able to go on a trip like this at this point in our lives, but here we are! We are so, so excited and can't wait til October. I want this trip to be perfect. 

I've already learned so much from these boards and I'm excited to learn more. 😄

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ChristineS said:

My name is Christine, my husband is Taylor and we are planning our first cruise to the Southern Caribbean on Freedom of the Seas this October!

Welcome to the board, my wife and I will be on Freedom on the October 13th sailing this will be our 5th cruise out of San Juan and our 3rd to the Southern Caribbean, our 16th cruise overall, so don't be afraid to ask any questions, I will help where I can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys! I'm Joan and my husband and I just booked our very first cruise for January on Brilliance of the Seas.  We live in Tennessee and haven't had a real vacation since our honeymoon in 2005!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ashlynne12 said:

Hey guys! I'm Joan and my husband and I just booked our very first cruise for January on Brilliance of the Seas.  We live in Tennessee and haven't had a real vacation since our honeymoon in 2005!

Welcome, Brilliance is a good first boat to get back into the vacation mode. Not too big but not too small.  Does it still go out of Tampa?  I find that port a little disorganized compared to Port Canaveral and Ft. Lauderdale.  But the sail away party lasts longer since it takes about an hour to make it to open water so get a good spot up high and enjoy the ride.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, arebee said:

Welcome, Brilliance is a good first boat to get back into the vacation mode. Not too big but not too small.  Does it still go out of Tampa?  I find that port a little disorganized compared to Port Canaveral and Ft. Lauderdale.  But the sail away party lasts longer since it takes about an hour to make it to open water so get a good spot up high and enjoy the ride.

That does make me wonder ..... how long does it take to get to the Sunshine Skyway Bridge?  We'll be on Brilliance in April.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, coneyraven said:

That does make me wonder ..... how long does it take to get to the Sunshine Skyway Bridge?  We'll be on Brilliance in April.

It will take about an hour.  But its a fun ride.  Last time we went out of tampa we followed a NCL boat all the way to open water.  The biggest problem is coming back, it there is fog, they will be delayed.  Once we had to wait to board for 2 hours because the boat was late coming in due to fog.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, arebee said:

It will take about an hour.  But its a fun ride.  Last time we went out of tampa we followed a NCL boat all the way to open water. 

That's cool --- we're accustomed to going out of Baltimore where we have the Key Bridge an hour later, and the Bay Bridges 2 hours later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...