Introduce yourself!

Matt

On 5/16/2017 at 7:52 PM, JLMoran said:

Welcome aboard, Katie and mom! And thanks to your Mom for taking on the challenge of being a teacher for all those years!

Thanks, @JLMoran, for the warm welcome and kind words about my mom's teaching career! I will be sure to pass them along.

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone!

I live in Finland.

I have not been on RCL cruise so far. I do have my first one booked though. It will be my 40 years birthday gift from my loving wife! We are going to Harmony of the Seas Oct 13, 2018. There will be my wife our two teenage daughters, my sister in law and my father going.

I have read these wonderful blog for year so far almost daily. I would like to thank you all and especially Matt for your efforts to educate new people to world of cruising!

Wanderer

Ps. I apologise my bad English. It is not my native language and although I do understand written and spoken English quite well, my own grammar to write is far weaker.

Hi All,

I'm Sara from the Chicago suburbs. My husband, son (Danny, who will be 2 at the time of sailing), and I are booked on the Allure in May (5/6 Western Caribbean). It's my son's first cruise, and my husband's first on RCCL. I sailed on Enchantment of the Seas back in 2007, and it was a great experience. Our last couple of cruises (pre-baby) were on Celebrity (Reflection and Silhouette, respectively), which we absolutely loved, and we're happy to stay loyal to the brand overall!

I'm looking forward to delving into the blog and message boards over the next 9 months! 

Sara

24 minutes ago, Sara O said:

Hi All,

I'm Sara from the Chicago suburbs. My husband, son (Danny, who will be 2 at the time of sailing), and I are booked on the Allure in May (5/6 Western Caribbean). It's my son's first cruise, and my husband's first on RCCL. I sailed on Enchantment of the Seas back in 2007, and it was a great experience. Our last couple of cruises (pre-baby) were on Celebrity (Reflection and Silhouette, respectively), which we absolutely loved, and we're happy to stay loyal to the brand overall!

I'm looking forward to delving into the blog and message boards over the next 9 months! 

Sara

Welcome aboard Sara ..... I know all three of you will have an amazing time ...... You will also find that this blog is an amazing source of information, ideas, and feedback.

Mark

Hi!

Introductions... Not my strong suit.  Well I have been reading and listening to RCBlog content for the past few months, ever since we decided to start looking for our first Royal Caribbean cruise.  So I decided to finally sign up and officially join the group.  We will finally board our first RCL ship in November 2018, and while we intend to try other lines in the future (so far we have only been on one other line, DCL) we are hopeful to become regulars "of the seas".  (Too corny?  It's ok, you can tell me)

Looking forward to being a part of what seems like a great community.

Hi Guys,

Laura from Alice Springs, Australia. Hubby and I have our first RCl cruise booked for October 5th on the Explorer. It's a 21 night cruise and our first cruise without the children. They are finally old enough to look after themselves whilst mum and dad have a holiday! Yay! Also our first time to the US. So many firsts!!!!!

We have been on P&O once as well in 2010 and the kids found it hard to keep occupied for 12 days. We also had some not so good things occur, meaning we have left cruising again till now, having learnt some lessons.

Super duper excited, I am sure you will be sick of my questions in no time!

Laura :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone!  

My name is Michael and am glad to be here! I have been hooked on cruising since my first one on Oasis of the Seas in 2013, and wish that I would have decided to try it out about 10 years ago! I have only sailed with RCCL but she has sailed on Carnival and swears that she will never do it again, which is why I am here.  Not going to get into details but she sailed them three times and three times she had issues that managed to escalate every time she cruised, with the worst case being her third and final cruise.  She is EXTREMELY vocal about not sailing Carnival so that is why our first cruise together was on Oasis.  I am glad to be here and thank all of the more experienced members for sharing all of their wisdom! I have been on this site for awhile but finally decided to make it official and become a member.  

Thank you and have a great day! 

Hi, I'm Christine from Toronto! 

So, my first RCI cruise was on the Sovereign of the Seas in February 2008, but, due to work commitments, wasn't able to book another cruise for a while. Flash forward to a number of years later, and my mom has completed three cruises with Carnival and fell in love with crusing. Instead of taking a WDW vacation which my nephew and niece would be too young to enjoy, my sister recommends a Disney Caribbean cruise on the Wonder in 2015...and then another Caribbean one on the Magic which we completed this past March LOL. Anyway last month, while out on my lunch break at work, I happened to pass by a travel agency, picked up cruise literature on a whim, and decided quite impulsively to book a solo RCI cruise for December 2018 on Adventure of the Seas :D 

I really want to take another solo cruise next winter to escape the cold Canadian winter, but I'm not sure what itinerary I would take. Wherever I decide to travel, I try to make a conscious decision to  visit new ports, new cities. We'll see, I'm in no rush :) 

(Matt, if you're reading this, just wanted to thank you and your team for all of your hard work with RCB.com! This site and the podcast are a great source of information, enjoyed your recent episode on embarkation day :D)

Happy cruising everyone!

Not really new, but I realized I never introduced myself properly...

My name is Brian and I'm a cruise addict...

Okay, got that out of the way.  So a bit about me... I love cruising (duh!), craft beer (I've tried over 4000 unique beers since February, 2011), I enjoy reality TV, especially Survivor.  I listen to podcasts every day during my commute in and out of NYC and the podcasts I listen to are related to all of my interests. I live in Northern New Jersey.  I'm a fan of the NY Giants, the NY Mets and the Syracuse Orange.  My avatar is Otto, the Syracuse University mascot.

I have been on 22 cruises as follows: Song of Norway-Nov 1991 * Majesty of the Seas-Sept 1994 * Diamond Princess-April 2004 * Mariner of the Seas-April 2006 * Carnival Valor-March 2007 * Explorer of the Seas-April 2008 * Explorer of the Seas-July 2009 * Oasis of the Seas-July 2010 * Carnival Glory-July 2011 * Enchantment of the Seas-Oct 2011 * Enchantment of the Seas-Oct 2011 * Allure of the Seas-April 2012 * Brilliance of the Seas-Nov 2012 * Celebrity Equinox-July 2013 * Celebrity Summit-July 2014 * Quantum of the Seas-Nov 2014 * Quantum of the Seas-Dec 2014 * Liberty of the Seas-July 2015 * Celebrity Summit-Oct 2015 * Anthem of the Seas-Mar 2016 * Harmony of the Seas-Oct 2016 * Independence of the Seas-July 2017

That's 16 on Royal Caribbean, 3 on Celebrity, 2 on Carnival and 1 on Princess.

I have the following cruises currently booked: Harmony of the Seas-Sept 2017 * Celebrity Millennium-June 2018 * Symphony of the Seas-Oct 2018 * Symphony of the Seas-Feb 2019 * Celebrity Edge-March 2019

After the Harmony group cruise, I'll be 3 7-night cruises from Diamond Plus.

I'm glad to be here and hope to help as much as I can!

Brian

Hi Everyone!

I'm Kerri and I'm currently living in Cincinnati, OH.  I say currently because I've moved every 2-3 years for the last 11 years.  I have 2 dog children, a frenchie and a great dane.  We are sailing on the Harmony November 4th.  I went on a carnival cruise when I was 17 on a school trip but I haven't been on one since.  I talked my boyfriend into going this year and we are really excited, he has never been on a vacation cruise (we were both in the Navy but obviously that is much different).  I've been stalking these boards for awhile since I am an over planner and I feel like I need all the information for all the things! LOL  I look forward to getting to know some of the people on this board.  I plan on taking quite a few more cruises in the future.

Hello! I'm Kim and my husband and I live in Orange County, CA. My first cruise was a LONG time ago on the Viking Serenade, with my dad. I introduced my husband to cruising on the same ship, and we've done a few trips on a few different ships. It's been a while, but we are booked on Explorer with his family and our adult daughter next June (Yup, it just happened to be the group cruise, found that out after the fact!), 11 of us in total! Looking forward to cruising again, and I've never been to Alaska!

2 hours ago, knavy said:

Hi Everyone!

I'm Kerri and I'm currently living in Cincinnati, OH.  I say currently because I've moved every 2-3 years for the last 11 years.  I have 2 dog children, a frenchie and a great dane.  We are sailing on the Harmony November 4th.  I went on a carnival cruise when I was 17 on a school trip but I haven't been on one since.  I talked my boyfriend into going this year and we are really excited, he has never been on a vacation cruise (we were both in the Navy but obviously that is much different).  I've been stalking these boards for awhile since I am an over planner and I feel like I need all the information for all the things! LOL  I look forward to getting to know some of the people on this board.  I plan on taking quite a few more cruises in the future.

I for one would be interested in your take on sailing on a cruise ship, especially the Harmony, after having been in the Navy. Obviously they are completely different, but to me it would still be interesting comparison, especially the size of Harmony.

2 hours ago, knavy said:

Hi Everyone!

Welcome, best part of these cruises is you don't have to work 6 1/2 days a week, stand watches, listen for reveille or pull lines...  Oh, and the chow line is shorter and you only muster once.

5 hours ago, arebee said:

Welcome, best part of these cruises is you don't have to work 6 1/2 days a week, stand watches, listen for reveille or pull lines...  Oh, and the chow line is shorter and you only muster once.

Pretty much this.  I was on an aircraft carrier so it was prettt stable except for very rough seas.  I'm curious how the harmony will be.  I don't remember what ship I was on with carnival but I remember the ride being pretty similar to the carrier.  My boyfriend on the other hand was on a destroyer so that thing gets tossed around a lot more in the waves.  

The bed is a lot different, that's for sure. The cruise ships get to fill their ships with fun stuff where as the rest of my ship was full of jets and work spaces.

8 hours ago, knavy said:

Pretty much this.  I was on an aircraft carrier so it was prettt stable except for very rough seas.  I'm curious how the harmony will be.  I don't remember what ship I was on with carnival but I remember the ride being pretty similar to the carrier.  My boyfriend on the other hand was on a destroyer so that thing gets tossed around a lot more in the waves.  

The bed is a lot different, that's for sure. The cruise ships get to fill their ships with fun stuff where as the rest of my ship was full of jets and work spaces.

I know what you mean, I was on a destroyer tender from the 40's, filled with machines and various shops to work.  Also top heavy with two cranes and boats, if we took a 20 degree roll we would have kept going.  Unless you hit some bad water, harmony will be fine.  Might get some old feeling in your sea legs.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, twangster here.  I've lived in many different states, coastal to the western mountains where I currently reside.  I have a Bernese Mountain Dog who gives me the stink eye when he hears me on the phone booking my next cruise.  Seriously, somehow he knows.

My upcoming Harmony cruise will complete the Oasis class trilogy and will be number 21 for me, but whose's counting?  Switched to RCI last year, very glad I did, but should have switched a long time ago.  Finally made Platinum and after Harmony I'll be Emerald.  Diamond here I come.  Lesser cruise lines I've sailed include Radisson, NCL, Disney, Carnival and Celebrity.  Often cruise solo or with family when they can keep up with me.  

I've been watching the scopes on the Harmony GC.  Awesome!  Keep them coming.  Looking into the next GC but just did Alaska in June.  Might go on the GC anyways.  Love Alaska!

Cheers! 

Welcome @twangster , glad to have you around, I to had a dog that knew, female German Shepherd, about two months before the cruise she would start moping around, a month out and she just flat out ignored you, when the suite cases come out she just doesn't like you. Had to recently put her down, 16 years, still miss that moody dog...

Just read your post on the upset lady with an itinerary change, great input.

Hi Everyone!  My name is Rhonda.  My husband Mark and I are brand spanking new to cruising.  We are from western PA, have a sassy cat, love traveling, napping, and restoring/pinteresting furniture in our free time.  The message boards here are wonderful & I've been reading them daily so we don't appear as newbies once on board!  Although I'm sure one look at the perma-smile once there will give it away!  We are looking forward to (read: talking non stop the past month) sailing on the Oasis of the Seas, Eastern Caribbean, December 2018 in an Aquatheater suite with my sister and newly retired parents.  Keeping my fingers crossed at maybe talking the hubby into a short 3 day bahamas trip much sooner, and per everyone's advice on here have already mentally planned out a multitude of options for 2019 & 20!  Looking forward to getting to know everyone better!

Hi fellow cruisers. Paul from Melbourne Australia 

My wife Karen and I come over to the US as much as we can, average once a year since 2008. Love the place, around Florida is our favourite. We are soon to be on our fourth cruise, 1st was the Oasis Eastern 7 days Caribbean 2012, next was the Allure to the Western part 7 days in 2014 then the last was on the Liberty up the Eastern side of Canada 9days 2015. Our next is 2 Dec 17 12 days back to the Caribbean on the Athem. 

All our trips have been all around two weeks due to our busy work tempo (I'm Army, wife is IT Lead Consultant) so we slip a cruise in as much as we can. This year we have extended or time frame to 5wks. 

I must admit I never really wanted to go on a cruise, however this thought was one of my biggest mistakes, we now can't get enough. It's really the $$$ that's stops us to a certain degree, by the time you add flights etc over. My wife and I love the stop start life of cruiseing one minute you can be relaxed with a drink near the pool next your at a show, then your off looking around parts of the world then your back on the ship with an ice cream sitting watching the sun go down. WOW.!!!!!!!

We fill our normal days here in Aust when we can, 4wding, fishing off the beach and Kart Racing.

Take care everyone, hopefully we can play apart in this cruising family.

Regards Paul and Karen.

Pics of my oasis (& fishing) Fraser Is QLD

IMG_0566.JPG

IMG_0554.JPG

IMG_0585.JPG

IMG_0593.JPG