Introduce yourself!

Matt

Hi all, thought I would quit lurking and introduce myself.  My name is Jim. My wife Heidi and I discovered cruising in 2014 and we are now officially hooked. Nothing better than a week off the grid! (Except maybe two!) We are from Denton Texas and we really love the convenience of driving down to Galveston and hoping on the ship. Loved the Navigator and we sailed on the Liberty last November. Really looking forward to seeing the changes they made to the Liberty when we sail in May (counting the days). This looks like a great message board with a lot of great information! Thanks,

Hello all.  We are Bill and Denise from Spring, Tx.  We started cruising in 2003 doing the 1 to 2 per year.  When we retired the number picked up quite a lot.  We mainly cruise out of Galveston.  We have done 5 crossing, Panama Canal twice and Alaska twice.  This coming April 10th, 2016 we finally reach the Pinnacle level with Royal.  Now we can choose other destinations and really enjoy the sites and other ships.  Glad to meet you all

Hello All,

Long time reader (over a year) of all of your information on the site as well as Matts podcasts. My wife and I will be sailing on April 3 2016 on Freedom.(Getting Excited). Been 9 years since last RCCL cruise on Radiance. Haven't even left and already looking for next ship/itinerary. Want to say thanks for having this site as it has been an enormous resource without even asking a question I was able to glean answers from all the posts. Looking forward to joining the community and learning even more.

Hi everyone. My name is Pat and my husband is Charlie.  I just discovered this website and think it is wonderful!  We cruised on Royal Caribbean several times over the years and enjoy it so much we have 2 cruises a year planned for this year and next and are bringing our daughter and her husband on one. We will be on the Liberty on the April 24 cruise - not much longer.  Must be time to visit Kohls.  Apparently we are using cruising to tick things off our bucket list. :)  Since my idea of "roughing it" is "no room service" cruising is perfect.  Thank you to everyone who posts questions, answers and tips on this blog.

Hey, Jim.  We LOOOVE all of the new bloggers here...and particularly appreciate those with experience and expertise.

I can't say I disagree with you about CC.  While there are a few knowledgeable and helpful posters, some posters to that site tend to be divisive and well...just rude.  You won't find that here...at least, we pride ourselves on being helpful and positive, for the most part.

Glad to have you here with us !

I am very envious of your trip to Dubai and the canal.  That's a dream trip for me...albeit a bit on the dicey side in today's international political climate.  But I wish you fair winds and following seas and a WONDERFUL and safe cruise !

Hi everyone. My name is Pat and my husband is Charlie.  I just discovered this website and think it is wonderful!  We cruised on Royal Caribbean several times over the years and enjoy it so much we have 2 cruises a year planned for this year and next and are bringing our daughter and her husband on one. We will be on the Liberty on the April 24 cruise - not much longer.  Must be time to visit Kohls.  Apparently we are using cruising to tick things off our bucket list. :)  Since my idea of "roughing it" is "no room service" cruising is perfect.  Thank you to everyone who posts questions, answers and tips on this blog.

Hi Pat and Charlie!

Hello all. Phil from Nashville. Diamond Plus member. 56 overall cruises. 32 on Royal Caribbean. Love Oasis class have been on Oasis or Allure 11 times. 12 March 27 coming soon

Hi Phil! Hard to beat that Oasis class

Hi folks I"m Jim From Jensen Beach, FL, I Have over 900 days at sea with 1/2 of them with RCI. I am a long time poster on Cruise Critic and a bit unhappy with the present climate over there. I'm headed off to Dubai next week to the last cruise of the Splendour and the Suez canal.

Welcome Jim! That's a lot of cruising experience and happy to have you over here with us!

Hello all

My Name is Kathy, from Jacksonville Fla.

I am a fairly new Cruiser. Have a total of 5 past Cruises.

1. Enchantment of the Seas 2006

2 Mariner of the Seas 2007

3. Carnival Sensation 2010

4. Carnival Fascination 2012

5. Caribbean Princess 2014

My two upcoming Cruises are

1. Allure of the Seas 5-15-16

2 Majesty of the Seas 9-26-16

When I am not Cruising, we go Camping in our RV. I prefer Cruising more however!! lol!!! 😜

Hello my name is Tricia Harrison, I'm from Adelaide South Australia.

My husband and I have been on 2 Royal Carribean cruises and 1

Princess( no Royal available on the dates We could travel) 😞

We are looking forward to our next cruise in June cruising the Mediterranean on the refurbished Jewel of the Sea. We are taking our children and their partners on their first cruise. All very excited.

We are hooked on cruising and are in the process of planning a cruise with close friends, destinations still being decided.

So pleased I came across this site a lot of useful information and ideas.Wish I had found it earlier. Thanks to all involved.

Hi everyone,

I'm Hayley from Coventry, England.  

I will be sailing on my first ever cruise this August on Navigator from Southampton around the Med.  I'll be travelling with my parents, who've never cruised before either, and my husband who used to be in the Royal Navy, so although he's used to being at sea, he's looking forward to doing it in a slightly more relaxed fashion!

I'm SOOOO excited and I've been loving reading through everything on this site and listening to the podcasts.

Hello everyone. My name is Bret, wife's name is Jeanne. Usually jump on the live weekend periscopes as the weekday periscopes are done by the time us west coasters get home from work. We're booked for the group cruise on the Navigator in Feb 2017. For the rest of you that are booked on the same group cruise you may want to check the current prices. I was about to get a $99.50 price drop on our virtual balcony.

Hello everyone. My name is Bret, wife's name is Jeanne. Usually jump on the live weekend periscopes as the weekday periscopes are done by the time us west coasters get home from work. We're booked for the group cruise on the Navigator in Feb 2017. For the rest of you that are booked on the same group cruise you may want to check the current prices. I was about to get a $99.50 price drop on our virtual balcony.

Welcome Bret and Jeanne!  So glad you are here AND you are joining us for the group cruise!

Hi, my name is Sandy and I'm a Disney fanatic and recent Royal Caribbean convert :)  I've sailed on Quantum, Freedom and Liberty and I'm very much looking forward to Harmony of the Seas.  Can't wait to get to know you all.

Sandy Myers

MEI-Travel

Welcome Sandy!

Hello. My name is Rena and my husband is Jimmie. We are from Miami. I've been stalking the blog for about two years now. Finally thought I should actively participate. 

Been cruising since 2010. Navigator was my first ship and I've been hooked ever since.

Have sailed on 9 Royal ships so far and looking forward to Anthem, Harmony, and Enchantment later this year. 

Really appreciate all the information. And am currently enjoying Michael's periscopes on Brilliance. 

Hello everyone. My name is Gloria and I'll be taking my very first cruise in November. I live in Atlanta, GA and going on Eastern Caribbean 7 day Oasis of the Seas cruise out of Ft Lauderdale, FL. I am so excited that I am ready to start packing even though I still have a couple of months.

Welcome Gloria :)

Hello. My name is Rena and my husband is Jimmie. We are from Miami. I've been stalking the blog for about two years now. Finally thought I should actively participate. 

Been cruising since 2010. Navigator was my first ship and I've been hooked ever since.

Have sailed on 9 Royal ships so far and looking forward to Anthem, Harmony, and Enchantment later this year. 

Really appreciate all the information. And am currently enjoying Michael's periscopes on Brilliance. 

Welcome :)

Welcome Rena and Jimmie! So glad you decided to join us here!

Greetings all, I'm Mark ----

I live in the mountains of FAR Western Maryland (closer to Pittsburgh than Baltimore) --- in a small Coal Mining town called Lonaconing.

I have my 3rd Cruise Scheduled this coming September (5-night to Bermuda) out of Baltimore ---

This is the first one since 2009 .... Yes, it's been torture.

I've been binge listening to Matt's podcast to bring me up to speed -- I was able to use knowledge from Episode 71 to explain to my wife the economic value in cruising --- she wanted to go to Myrtle Beach (ugh) --- once we compared dollars to dollars, well, she finally opened her eyes.

She and I have yet to have a honeymoon (this will be it) -- plus she has a marquee birthday this year too (another reason I was able to sort of encourage it)

This coming cruise will be my wife's first cruise (as if that wasn't obvious by now)..... I have faith that she'll get bit by the bug the same way I did (I'll push to book the next one while on board) --- get me further up the C & A ladder

Thank You all for all the information I have been able to acquire .... it has helped me immensely.

I've been meaning to introduce myself for several months now so here goes,,,

My name is Eric I'm 46 and live in the Austin area. I'm a newly minted Diamond member as of February. My next cruise that is currently booked is on Adventure of the seas in Jan '18, but I will probably be on several before that one.

Hi!

My name is Jacki and I have recently become a huge Royal Caribbean fan. I live in upstate New York where winter lasts WAY too long every year, and sometimes the only thing that keeps me going is the thought of my next (or planning my next) cruise! I really enjoy reading everyone's posts and look forward to participating more!

Jacki  :)