Smoking inside balcony

So I was at my door when security showed up at the room across the hall from me. I heard security say someone reported them for smoking on the balcony so they monitored them with video and caught them doing it and have video evidence. They then asked if they could come in. I obviously wasn't privy to the rest of the conversation but I haven't seen them since.

So what is the penalty for something like this? Just curious.

20 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

I recall reading that if you get caught smoking, they remove you.

It's in the policy that smoking is only allowed in destinated areas and therefore you are breaking the cruise contract and subject to being removed or banned from the cruise line. 

Good. Hope Royal Caribbean took hard and fast action. It's a shared experience. Play by the rules or be gone.

2 hours ago, rjac said:

Just wish Royal would do the same thing, or worse, to the lounge chair hogs by the pools! 😎

I can tell you here on symphony they have removed people's belongings from some chairs that were being hogged. That being said it is few and far between. Still plenty of hogging going on. 

11 hours ago, CanHardlyWait said:

Good. Hope Royal Caribbean took hard and fast action. It's a shared experience. Play by the rules or be gone.

I highly doubt they are removing people for a first offense of smoking- most of the time they don't even respond to reports of smoking. So either it was more than just cigarette smoke OR someone reported it over and over until security finally caved and came by.  Hell, our room attendant saw my wifes cigarettes on the table and told her "if you smoke on the balcony, just make sure the neighbors aren't out and keep the butts in an empty can and not over the side"   Of course, my wife only smoked in the designated area, but were definitely thrown off that the room attendant even suggested it! 

5 hours ago, ScottD said:

I highly doubt they are removing people for a first offense of smoking- most of the time they don't even respond to reports of smoking. So either it was more than just cigarette smoke OR someone reported it over and over until security finally caved and came by.  Hell, our room attendant saw my wifes cigarettes on the table and told her "if you smoke on the balcony, just make sure the neighbors aren't out and keep the butts in an empty can and not over the side"   Of course, my wife only smoked in the designated area, but were definitely thrown off that the room attendant even suggested it! 

I probably would have reported him for making the suggestion. Not a fan of people smoking in places they shouldn't. Growing up around it and had no choice or say. Well, now I do. Not in my face or space. Other than that, I'm a delight. LOL.

Well I have to say I found it odd the smoking section was where it was, on 15 port near the pool. Then again, it seemed to be one of the windiest places on the ship so maybe that's why it is there ... All the smoke seems to blow aft.