Wonder of the Seas, March 24th, 2024

WAYNO

Okay, I know this is supposed to be about the cruise, but I'm gonna share my hotel experience in Cocoa Beach.  

LA Quinta on Hendry Avenue. The Ritz Carlton it may not be.  But is it convenient and clean and with the best breakfast buffet anywhere?  You betcha.

This is our 4th time at this hotel and I will choose this place again next time I cruise from here.

1 minute ago, WAYNO said:

Okay, I know this is supposed to be about the cruise, but I'm gonna share my hotel experience in Cocoa Beach.  

LA Quinta on Hendry Avenue. The Ritz Carlton it may not be.  But is it convenient and clean and with the best breakfast buffet anywhere?  You betcha.

This is our 4th time at this hotel and I will choose this place again next time I cruise from here.

That's exactly where we stayed pre-cruise when we were on Wonder 2 weeks before you.  Very convenient with nice beach in the back (we got there too late to enjoy but still nice).  Went to a great grill for dinner a short walk away (forget the name but really good food and service).  We even had the front desk guy be our uber driver to the port the morning of the cruise.  (He asked at check in).

Enjoy your cruise.  Looking forward to hearing about your experience on Wonder.  We loved the ship!

3 minutes ago, WAYNO said:

I ate my NY strip steak without taking a picture.  But be assured it was full cut, cooked perfectly and was absolutely delicious.  The half I ate of my Wife's was just as perfect.🤩

I had sworn off MDR steak a long time ago but had a couple that were perfectly fine last week as well. Didn't try the NY strip but good to hear.

Crown Lounge.  Empty of guests.  Guess I slept too long.  We are tied up at Cococay today.

This lounge is large, with a lot of seating, and very nice.

There has been some recent discussion of the automatic coffee machines.  I crafted my own Americano with an extra espresso shot, with this new coffee machine and it is quite good.

20240325_102459.jpg

20240325_102550.jpg

20240325_102555.jpg

20240325_102601.jpg

20240325_102847.jpg

20240325_104314.jpg

17 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

That's a pretty crowded day with Odyssey joining you. Hope you enjoyed some snack shack food!

We never left Captain Jack's.  The only evidence we saw of a crowded island was the line getting back to the ship. 

We did try the wings at Captain Jack's for the first  time but wish I hadn't.   

1 hour ago, Ampurp85 said:

I felt like I was the only person on Wonder drinking OJ from the Crown Lounge and it was delicious. 😋

Strong possibility I have never even tried it, lol. I usually hit and run for my to-go cups of coffee and a plate of pastries. I assume it's better than the OJ that comes out of the machines in WJ, Park Cafe, etc?