Lobster night

Just now, smokeybandit said:

It's the Royal Night menu. That kind of info won't be in the cruise planner, only in the app.

Correct! Ours just showed up a few weeks ago and we leave on February 3rd - it's night #6 for us on a 7 night cruise. Can only be viewed on the app.

19 minutes ago, JFCruise said:

Lobster is offered on the second formal night on cruises of 6+ nights that go to the Caribbean.

If your cruise doesn't satisfy all 3 bolded conditions, then lobster will not be offered in your cruise.

Oh wow, I didn't know that it was only Caribbean cruises as well

On 1/19/2024 at 7:04 PM, TexanTwoStep said:

I mean, it's not that great.  Just an expensive tool to suck up that delicious, delicious buttah

underwater sea bugs are a great buttah delivery device!! I Also happen to like how they taste sans the butter too.

I find it  hysterical that people get all worked up over lobster night.   It’s one tail.  I’ve got people in a FB group for one of my sailings going  bonkers because they don’t see it listed in the app.  I keep trying to explain how the app is not accurate because the ship is currently on longer sailings than the 7 nights we’ll be doing.  If people are basing their happiness on a $2k (or more) cruise on a lobster tail they’ve got problems.

• 1 month later...

We're going on Quantum to Alaska in June 2024, and lobster is not on the Royal Night menu as a free option. It is listed nearly every night in the "Premium Selections" section of the menu for $16.99 per tail. Considering we paid $2k pp for this cruise, not including at least a single tail per customer that you can buy for $6 at the grocery store seems extremely cheapskate. Not a good look, RC - you are getting your trash handed to you by Carnival for what should be a no-brainer when you consider cost-to-customer satisfaction ratio.

6 hours ago, MCJ said:

We're going on Quantum to Alaska in June 2024, and lobster is not on the Royal Night menu as a free option. It is listed nearly every night in the "Premium Selections" section of the menu for $16.99 per tail. Considering we paid $2k pp for this cruise, not including at least a single tail per customer that you can buy for $6 at the grocery store seems extremely cheapskate. Not a good look, RC - you are getting your trash handed to you by Carnival for what should be a no-brainer when you consider cost-to-customer satisfaction ratio.

June is a long way away, and the final MDR menu/order is often not correct on the app until much closer to sailing.  Also, RC doesn't read these.

On 3/18/2024 at 5:40 AM, SpeedNoodles said:

June is a long way away, and the final MDR menu/order is often not correct on the app until much closer to sailing.  Also, RC doesn't read these.

I've noticed that the menus in the app represent the current sailing - even if you are looking at your sailing. IIRC, Quantum is currently in Australia, which means no lobster and this will show up in any sailing's menus on the ship.

However - IIRC Alaskan cruises don't offer the "free" lobster in the MDR.