🌟💫⭐️A “Starry” Christmas - Harmony Dec 24-31, 2023⭐️💫🌟

Jax

9 minutes ago, LandstromCruise said:

Wow those are significantly less. 

I know right! Especially the royal loft.  If I was going to bid on anything it would be that one but in the off chance we got it, Lindsay may kill me if he lost his aft views. 😆 So I’m going to pretend I didn’t get this email. 

Look who we saw today. NCL Prima and Voyageur. Carnival Dream just left and Jubilee is expected later today for its inaugural sailing tomorrow.  
We drove by Royal’s terminal to scout out zone 6. It seems like it will be easy to navigate.  
I have read multiple accounts of Uber fares not being picked up, leaving you scrambling cruise day. The front desk in our hotel confirmed this is in fact true. I think Lindsay will drop us and our luggage off, then return the car rental and we have arranged what we hope is reliable private transportation to pick him up at Enterprise.  We did a test run and it was 9 minutes from terminal to Enterprise. I just to need to confirm with Berty that Reyd and I can wait in the terminal as heavy rain is forecast.  

IMG_0960.jpeg

IMG_0959.jpeg

This is a random post about nothing….We saw a man wearing a t shirt that read “Sick of people, they are EVERYWHERE”. For some reason the phrase was made even funnier by the man that was wearing the t shirt. IYKYK 😆 I wanted to take a picture of the man but the guys wouldn’t let me. 

After supper we headed over to Pleasure Pier for a walk around.  It was a nice walk, but definitely not worth the cost of admission. Lindsay was so annoyed he said he wasn’t giving them another cent and drove out of the parking lot through the entrance with a “do not enter”.  I am sure the people exiting properly through the exit thought it was a moment from planes trains and automobiles. 😆

22C11A7E-F0F7-4B58-9430-4FA3741B3813.jpeg

IMG_1020.jpeg

In other news, we watched Carnival Jubilee’s arrival. Lots of people were watching and cheering.  There seems to be some local excitement about its arrival. I don’t blame them knowing that 6000 passengers will be boosting local tourism.  It looks like Carnival’s terminal needs some upgrading. 

IMG_1002.jpeg

43 minutes ago, Jax said:

In other news, we watched Carnival Jubilee’s arrival. Lots of people were watching and cheering.  There seems to be some local excitement about its arrival. I don’t blame them knowing that 6000 passengers will be boosting local tourism.  It looks like Carnival’s terminal needs some upgrading. 

IMG_1002.jpeg

I don't get the connection, but Carnival is now sponsoring/partnering with the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo, and the Jubilee includes a huge star of Texas,i believe at her bow? 

Maybe Royal will don a Giant Jersey Tomato decal for ships ported in NJ someday ....

1 hour ago, Jax said:

After supper we headed over to Pleasure Pier for a walk around.  It was a nice walk, but definitely not worth the cost of admission.

I saw these pics on your IG story first and I thought it looked like such a cute little place, until I read here that it requires an admission cost. Yikes.

10 minutes ago, SweetPea said:

As we would say ... GITCC! That's G-I-T-Double C

Going in the Comment Card!

Oooh, I need to remember that acronym! 

11 minutes ago, SweetPea said:

I don't get the connection, but Carnival is now sponsoring/partnering with the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo, and the Jubilee includes a huge star of Texas,i believe at her bow? 

Yeah I don’t get it either.  News reports here mention the star of Texas is displayed on the bow as a symbol of gratitude to guests sailing from Texas who made them the #1 cruise line in Galveston. It says hundreds flocked to Galveston to see her arrival tonight and departure tomorrow.  Hopefully we will be around to see all the hype. 

4 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I saw these pics on your IG story first and I thought it looked like such a cute little place, until I read here that it requires an admission cost. Yikes.

I know. Who doesn’t like to walk along a pier with carnival music, lights, rides, games and food. 

Review of Tremont House 

From my earlier post, the room is gorgeous with many in room amenities that I love. After having stayed here a few night a few problems have popped up, some of them within the hotels control, others that aren’t.  The pre arrival requests and chat feature via the Marriott Bonvoy app were not taken care of as promised.  It has taken multiple trips to the front desk and phone calls to get bath towels for 3 guests, pillows and bedding. The light in the bathroom stopped working and they were quick to send a person from maintenance. It’s still not working but hopefully it will be soon because besides access to the toilet it isn’t really operable in its current state. The factors beyond the hotels control relate to the noise stemming from a bar directly behind the master suite in the back alley and lack of any soundproofing windows. The bar closes at 1:45am and it is very loud.  And by loud I mean loud and when the music isn’t playing we can clearly hear the hooting and hollering going on. I get it, it’s a bar and they should be allowed to operate as any bar does.  I just wish I had read this in the reviews and I would have requested a front street facing room.  Lindsay hasn’t been able to sleep in the master and has moved to the living room.  I have had to wear hearing protection. It’s fine but definitely not a restful stay we had hoped for.  I have shared my concerns with the front desk and requested a managers email (because all managers in the hotel do not work Saturday or Sunday …. Yup I can’t believe a hotel in the customer service industry has no onsite managers on weekends to address guest concerns.  Our breakfast was comped this morning and we will see what happens from here.  

You know cruise day is close when ……

Berty sends you his what’s app number and says to start messaging him. ❤️🧞‍♂️🙌🏻

He has arranged a sailaway get together in our suite where we will celebrate Reyd and Michael’s upcoming graduation.  🎓🎓 I am praying that the rain holds off. 🤞 All remaining celebrations will be finalized once onboard.  

2 hours ago, Jax said:

The pre arrival requests and chat feature via the Marriott Bonvoy app were not taken care of as promised.  It has taken multiple trips to the front desk and phone calls to get bath towels for 3 guests, pillows and bedding.

That has been our experience with the chat feature via the Bonvoy app as well since covid.

1 hour ago, Jax said:

Not sure if this is standard across the fleet but this is on the app for our sailing. 

Many on HM since November have reported seeing that. I have not seen that yet with our OY sailing.

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

That has been our experience with the chat feature via the Bonvoy app as well since covid.

They should probably discontinue the chat feature if this has become the norm. The person chatting assures the guest the pre arrival requests will be in the room. And you realize upon arrival that nothing was done.  🙁 So silly. FWIW the Hilton FLL Beach Resort manages this feature very well! You will be happy. 

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Many on HM since November have reported seeing that. I have not seen that yet with our OY sailing.

Interesting. Berty mentioned that CK was packed, particularly on the 24 & 25th.  We only ever eat there on night 1 so I don’t have a sense of how busy it is throughout the week. (#blamethestarclassbubble) 🤣

2 hours ago, Jax said:

They should probably discontinue the chat feature if this has become the norm.

I agree. The first time I was annoyed with it was actually on our road trip from Alberta to BC back in 2021. It was at the Fairfield Inn and I just assumed it was because of what that property was. Then, after that,  twice at the Westin they were just as unresponsive. 

We are in for the night. We had a pretty quiet day; walked through the shops downtown, drove to NASA and went for a drive along the coast. We’ve packed what we can. Berty will see us in the terminal at 10:15am. Lindsay will drop Reyd and I and the luggage at the terminal early, drop the rental and meet us back at the terminal. Berty confirmed Reyd and I can get ourselves and the luggage checked in and they will have Lindsay join us in the suite lounge. Weather has remained good in Galveston but the forecast calls for rain throughout the night, morning and afternoon. So we will see what happens.  Berty said it has been raining today. 
I’ll checkin with you all tomorrow!! 

We are onboard! 
We woke to a partly overcast day but no rain! Lindsay dropped us off at 9:15 and was back by about 9:45am after dropping off the car rental.  The terminal could not be accessed until 10am but thankfully it wasn’t raining. The terminal genie met us just before 10am and we were through security and in the terminal lounge in minutes.   Berty met us around 10:15am, took us to the suite lounge for about 5-10 minutes before he brought us to our suite.  More on the suite later.  Luggage arrived by 11am. 🙌🏻 This is the first time we have had a repeat genie and we feel so lucky we get to spend the week with him.  
📸 Pano from our deck. It’s a flurry of activity below us as truck after truck unloads supplies.   

IMG_2025.jpeg

ATS #9730 

We were in #8730 last year so the set up of the room is essentially the same. A slightly smaller eating area, different closet configuration in the master bedroom and access to the deck via 1 door instead of 2. The large deck is definitely a highlight of the room. 

IMG_1065.jpeg

IMG_1062.jpeg

IMG_1061.jpeg

IMG_1067.jpeg

IMG_1068.jpeg

IMG_1069.jpeg

IMG_1070.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Jax said:

Apparently there is a new F&B director who felt the embarkation snacks were underwhelming so they have been replaced with these.

Looks great to me! I still miss WJ sushi from back in the day, lol. In an alternate universe, my genie would bring me sushi multiple times/day. 🍣

Enjoy night one CK filet! That's what my MIL makes for Xmas dinner. The ambiance is a little different but the price is right! 😁

Happy holidays!

Lunch Jaime’s 

Because the weather was overcast we opted to dine in at Jaime’s. We tried a sampling of appetizers, Caesar salad, the chicken sandwich and penne pancetta Alfredo pasta. It was nice to see some familiar crew faces from last year. Food was good as always.  

IMG_1086.jpeg

IMG_1087.jpeg

IMG_1088.jpeg

IMG_1089.jpeg