🌟💫⭐️A “Starry” Christmas - Harmony Dec 24-31, 2023⭐️💫🌟

Jax

3 minutes ago, Jax said:

In my defense there were truffles in the fries.🤣All this talk of truffles on your blog has inspired me …..what are the must have truffle dishes. 

well there is truffle pasta at jamies, which is delicious!! there are also truffle arancini which are quite yummy!

and there is also truffle pasta in CK (not sure what your CK plans are and/or how they will shift, with the holiday on your sailing...) so you should have ample opportunity to correct this lack of truffles 😂

Sailaway/Graduation Celebration 

The sun came out and it turned into one of our best sailaways.  We celebrated Reyd and Michael’s upcoming graduation.  ❤️  The in room appies were perfect and the best part, I didnt have to do any planning. Great way to start our cruise.  

IMG_1115.jpeg

781FCFAE-4E39-4AE5-8F78-EA159968EB70.jpeg

9C9BE91E-7B8F-4D1E-8D28-6B1321BCFA76.jpeg

A8F09630-70BA-4F55-ABF4-78F419B5460F.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Wait…are you saying that Berty took care of the laundry for you? 😲

No, sorry I will clarify. Berty used his genie powers and had our stateroom attendant do it. I was getting some pushback from the attendant on getting more star class laundry bags and having a few items pressed for tonight. Berty took care of it without me even knowing. I came back from lunch to a clean floor. 

Grease was scheduled for tonight but I cancelled. I never cancel but it wasn’t until 9:30pm and we are tired. Plus the open spaces, restaurants and elevators are really hot 😨 and we couldn’t handle the possibility of 2 hours in a hot theatre. Berty had popcorn delivered and we may catch a movie. We have an early morning tomorrow with the private flow rider session at 7:45am   

I think I am glad we are not on deck 17. I know how that sounds because I love deck 17 lol but elevators getting to and from CK tonight were awful. We will definitely get in our steps and take the stairs when we can.  
Night all, Merry Christmas 🎅🎄

1 hour ago, Jax said:

No, sorry I will clarify. Berty used his genie powers and had our stateroom attendant do it. I was getting some pushback from the attendant on getting more star class laundry bags and having a few items pressed for tonight. Berty took care of it without me even knowing. I came back from lunch to a clean floor. 

Ugh, one of the things i am NOT looking forward to on our next cruise. I'm getting the impression that there is no special training for Star Class stateroom attendants that do not serve Deck 17. I feel like Loft attendants are excellent, but maybe not so much for other Star Class suites that aren't in the Loft area. That's what i seem to be gathering anyway. 

I let Batman pick our next room on Symphony and we're in 8734. We could have had a Star Loft, but Batman ix-nayed that in favor of the 2BRATS balcony. I already know I'm going to be so disappointed in the bathrooms. 😁 Royal was smart to make deposits N/R. I honestly think I'd cancel if left to me. Nonetheless, I'm still anxious to read more about your experience!

8 hours ago, SweetPea said:

I feel like Loft attendants are excellent, but maybe not so much for other Star Class suites that aren't in the Loft area.

All loft attendants are excellent, that is why they are loft attendants, whether they service the star class rooms or not. Suite attendants for the SC rooms outside of Deck 17 or 18 on WN, are hit and miss. But also because on top of the SC suite, they have 17-18 more rooms on top of that. It's really terrible, but that is on Royal.

9 hours ago, SweetPea said:

I let Batman pick our next room on Symphony and we're in 8734. We could have had a Star Loft, but Batman ix-nayed that in favor of the 2BRATS balcony.

Go with an open mind. The ATS on SY and WN are slightly different than the older Oasis class ones. They feel a lot more airy and open because of the floor to ceiling windows. The slanted windows in the older ATS make them feel a bit more closed off. And that balcony is just amazing. I was surprised I loved the ATS so much on WN, and you know that I am 100% a loft girl.

12 hours ago, Jax said:

We came back from supper to find Santa had visited.🎅🎅  No idea if this is a ship wide gift but we usually get something on each holiday cruise.  It includes 2 beach towels, 2 hats, beach bag and zippered pouch  IMG_1125.thumb.jpeg.8f3edf193a44ab106b1b963335894882.jpeg

We got the exact same gift package on AD.  I think it's just a "suite" thing but now it looks like it must be fleet-wide.

11 hours ago, SweetPea said:

Ugh, one of the things i am NOT looking forward to on our next cruise. I'm getting the impression that there is no special training for Star Class stateroom attendants that do not serve Deck 17. I feel like Loft attendants are excellent, but maybe not so much for other Star Class suites that aren't in the Loft area. That's what i seem to be gathering anyway. 

2 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

loft attendants are excellent, that is why they are loft attendants, whether they service the star class rooms or not. Suite attendants for the SC rooms outside of Deck 17 or 18 on WN, are hit and miss. But also because on top of the SC suite, they have 17-18 more rooms on top of that. It's really terrible, but that is on Royal.

I agree. Don’t get me wrong, our SRA is a nice man, eager to please. I sense he is new to servicing star class suites.  I am routing all stateroom attendant type requests through Berty. Although I am sympathetic to their cabin load I am not willing to let it diminish our star class perks.  
If not for Berty our pressed items and laundry situation would have ended much differently.  SRA reported no pressed items at 4. After a text to Berty pressed items arrived within 15 minutes.  It’s the genie magic 🧞‍♂️🧞‍♂️

1 minute ago, Jax said:

I agree. Don’t get me wrong, our SRA is a nice man, eager to please. I sense he is new to servicing star class suites.  I am routing all stateroom attendant type requests through Berty. Although I am sympathetic to their cabin load I am not willing to let it diminish our star class perks.  
If not for Berty our pressed items and laundry situation would have ended much differently.  SRA reported no pressed items at 4. After a text to Berty pressed items arrived within 15 minutes.  It’s the genie magic 🧞‍♂️🧞‍♂️

And then there’s me, who’s like don’t forget to pack the wrinkle release 😂😂

Private Flowrider Session

This ended up being a great gift/surprise for the guys on Christmas morning. They loved it and would definitely do it again.  I got it on sale for $445 and when split 4 ways it isn’t too bad. They start them off on their stomachs, then knees and then standing.  3 out of the 4 guys all played lots of hockey and ski’d so they were standing up quickly.  Lindsay prefers to boogie board on his knees and try to master the tricks. He did a 360 his first try.  🙌🏻🙌🏻 Videos posted over on my IG stories. 
Tomorrow morning is the star class session from 8:30-10am. 

IMG_1147.jpeg

IMG_1173.jpeg

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Careful…next thing you know they are on that thing every chance they get and you will only see them for dinner 

Been there, done that 😂

Yup, pre cruise Lindsay “our private session will be enough, I don’t care about the star class session”. Post flowrider Lindsay “I think I will be there early tomorrow” 🤣

Thermal Suite 

Lindsay and I used our complimentary star class pass this morning.  Everything was fine because we know the routine. Otherwise it would be underwhelming.  No tour, no information on the lockers, no water offered. I remembered water was available in the treatment waiting area. Disappointing service seems to be a pattern with the vitality spa on all the ships we have sailed on.  

1 hour ago, Jax said:

I always forget a beach bag, so it will come in handy on our beach excursions.  The hats are another story. lol 

The hats aren’t too bad until you turn them over.  If they had used the same navy blue fabric for the underside, it would have been ok….but the underside looks like a clown hat !  Really ugly.  I’m with you.  Not sure those will ever see the outside of a closet !

2 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

The hats aren’t too bad until you turn them over.  If they had used the same navy blue fabric for the underside, it would have been ok….but the underside looks like a clown hat !  Really ugly.  I’m with you.  Not sure those will ever see the outside of a closet !

Clown hat is a great description! I think mine will be “the gift that keeps on giving” to next weeks  guests. 😆

56 minutes ago, Yesiamthere said:

What was the temperature outside when they did the flow rider?  Are people in the pools today?  Thanks!

It’s a beautiful day. Currently 25C and sunny.   I didn’t check the temperature this morning during the flowrider session but if I had to guess it was around 19/20C at 7:45am. Flowrider water is warm and yes people are in the pools.  

3 hours ago, Jax said:

Yup, pre cruise Lindsay “our private session will be enough, I don’t care about the star class session”. Post flowrider Lindsay “I think I will be there early tomorrow” 🤣

This was totally my wife and I after our last cruise. We had never tried the standup until this cruise and are already pumped to get on it next cruise and try for our blue bands. My wife even got a balance board for Christmas to help get practice at home 😂

5 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

5 hours ago, Jax said:

Clown hat is a great description! I think mine will be “the gift that keeps on giving” to next weeks  guests. 😆

Ok, I am going to need a picture of the inside of these hats! Lol

Let’s catch up. 

Lunch was at Izumi’s. We tried all our favourites; dumplings, udon noodles, California rolls, spicy shrimp and crispy tuna.  It was all really good.  I have noticed service has been a bit off.  Servers distracted, rushing around and looking overwhelmed at times. I imagine the full ship is a factor. 
436CBB2F-F294-452E-9234-9BADFE9567DB.thumb.jpeg.641b072a543d396c0db4cde2f6fa5e7a.jpeg

Supper was at Chops.  It was very busy in there and it showed in service and food quality.  I was doing recon on the holiday menu and noticed a surf and turf option with champagne.  
The sides and my lobster were lukewarm, my ribeye was just ok. The server took my baked potatoe and replaced it. You know it’s bad when the butter doesn’t melt.  It was all ok but we felt rushed. In and out in under 75 minutes is not the norm.  Berty said he hasn’t seen Chops that busy and will pass my feedback to the manager.  859C13BA-7D45-4BCC-97AF-F2DC32C775EC.thumb.jpeg.050a40cfcdef25d823b49050655540bd.jpeg6357A4F6-EC2D-4AA5-AD22-F156BEB34A3B.thumb.jpeg.584c778dc57f939a1a7d39edbfcbf902.jpeg32FC2C0F-FF68-4EAB-BC9E-CB30124BB3E6.thumb.jpeg.2de41f07ebc30703030526841fb27144.jpeg

Adult comedy show 

This was a different experience. There was very little laughing with the first comedian. It actually became a bit awkward. He was funny but not funny enough to laugh if that makes sense.  The second guy was slightly better but I don’t think either comedians left the stage feeling like they put on a great show.  It was not at all what we have come to expect with the adult comedy show.  But we enjoyed the popcorn, drinks and our seats.  Berty put us on the couch which is a perfect location.  Far enough back not to star in the comedy show.  😆