🌟💫⭐️A “Starry” Christmas - Harmony Dec 24-31, 2023⭐️💫🌟

Jax

I received a second follow up call on my feedback; this one from a supervisor in the shoreside team. Much like the call from corporate the disembarkation process was the first thing she wanted to discuss. Both had me walk them through the old process vs the one we experienced last week. While she was interested in the rest of my feedback, I got the impression the disembarkation process was the primary reason for the call today. She said it would be escalated so time will tell what happens.  🤷‍♀️

6 hours ago, Jax said:

I received a second follow up call on my feedback; this one from a supervisor in the shoreside team. Much like the call from corporate the disembarkation process was the first thing she wanted to discuss. Both had me walk them through the old process vs the one we experienced last week. While she was interested in the rest of my feedback, I got the impression the disembarkation process was the primary reason for the call today. She said it would be escalated so time will tell what happens.  🤷‍♀️

You got WAY farther than me, and a revert back to the old process would go such a LONG way for us! Please keep us posted, and thank you for whatever your magic words were because mine failed. 🥰

14 hours ago, SweetPea said:

You got WAY farther than me, and a revert back to the old process would go such a LONG way for us! Please keep us posted, and thank you for whatever your magic words were because mine failed. 🥰

Haha I took a different strategy and was blunt and to the point.  😆

I am considering a defection to The Haven ….. what words of wisdom can you share. 

2 hours ago, Jax said:

I am considering a defection to The Haven ….. what words of wisdom can you share. 

Breakaway Plus class, staying in Haven proper. Always my first choice.  🥰

Note we have not done Prima or Viva yet. Doing Aqua in 2025 though.

When you get Free at Sea, add the upgrade offer for Dining. Wait to get onboard to upgrade your WIFI package after midnight on embarkation day for savings. We do the premium plus beverage package as well for a better wine selection and cordials, Starbucks and bottled water, but you don't need to.  They have a package that gets you unlimited wifi, premium drinks, 2nd guest shorex credit, and 2 extra dining credits (49$ pp/pd, valid for first 2 pax). If you don't need all that, that's why i recommended the dining and upgrading wifi onboard. The Haven restaurant is very good and can accommodate some requests, but the menu is stagnant so i always recommend specialty dining to break up the monotony. 

NCL's drink package is average at best and doesn't include bottled water, but your butler can bring you pitchers of ice water. If we don't have the premium plus package, we bring Yetis for water and just deal. There is also an upcharge for pedestrian drinks like Bailey's. 

The 2BRs in Haven proper are smaller than Royal's 2BRs, but are our favorite if we're not springing for an OS or DOS, both of which will get you unlimited bottled water and soda cans in the suite as well as 3 bottles of liquor of your choice in your stateroom and a bottle of Moet. We just did the DOS on Getaway and we had bottles of Aqua Panna for the water, and we selected Kettle One, Kahlua, and Bailey's. You can get whatever mixers you want from the Haven bartender. Speaking of which, there is no better bartender anywhere, on any ship, than your Haven bartender. He will get to know your tastes, have recommendations, and make you special drinks.  They are all mixologists, and a real step above.  My BFF Rodrigo (Getaway Haven bartender) made Wasabi infused vodka just for me and my morning Bloody Marys. Take that, Royal who actually uses Mrs Ts and tries to season it with pepper and Tabasco, even in the suite lounge. 🤢

Room service drinks aren't free in the Haven, which is why i recommend staying in Haven proper for convenience. NCL allows 2 drinks at a time so it's easy to accumulate drinks to stock your own bar with beers and sodas and/or filling an extra large Yeti with a mixed drink. 😀 

Haven bathrooms are very nice and include a shower pouf, shower cap, q-tips, and cotton balls among your usual bath products. Towels are nice and you'll also get slippers and the robes are nicer than Royal's. You can buy Haven branded robes. They're awesome. Most Haven rooms will have a water closet with a door you can close, which is nice. 

One thing that wins by a mile is that you do not have to stalk the cruise planner for pricing deals/sales. The price is the price, with only rare exceptions. Stalking Royal's cruise planner is exhausting. 

To me, it's no big deal to make my own dinner reservations (Haven gets to book earlier than anyone else), but if you're not finding what you need, simply email shoreside concierge and ask them to forward your requests directly to the ship concierge. We had to do this once when our itinerary changed from Eastern to Western Caribbean and sea days and port days all changed. When we got onboard, the ship concierge had left our updated dining schedule in our suite.

I've prattled on with more than you wanted to know, so ask away or DM if you have specific questions!

I'll just leave you with one last thing. If you see a Cruise First offered at $250 for a $500 cert, buy it. And one more thing better than Royal, NCL deposits are still fully refundable. 

https://www.ncl.com/cruisefirst-program

1 hour ago, kadmgs said:

Hi @Jax! I hope y'all enjoyed the Texans game. It was great to see you, again. Crazy how this blog spills over into other areas of life at times. 

Yes, we loved the game! And so nice to catch up. What are the odds of running into you at the game? Two random meet ups; one onboard Oasis and one at an NFL game. Too funny 😄 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2023 at 8:54 PM, Jax said:

Berty currently has 8730, 9730 and the villa. Another genie has the 3 ATS on the other side and the third has deck 17 and 10730.  He mentioned that they rotate every 4-6 weeks so you may get lucky.  If you send in an addendum do it right away….he mentioned that it’s easier to accommodate requests before emails go out to clients at the 30 day mark.  This may help you decide.  Wendy leaves sometime in January and Raj leaves in February. Raj’s replacement isn’t yet known but a concierge onboard HM (Mongesh….I am probably spelling it wrong) is taking over for Wendy. Berty knows him quite well and is excited this will be his first genie assignment.  

Reviving an old thread here, but we just got our genie assignment, and we have Berty. I never did resend the survey or anything else, we chose to let the chips fall where they may. Time to read through this blog again!

2 hours ago, GregD said:

Reviving an old thread here, but we just got our genie assignment, and we have Berty. I never did resend the survey or anything else, we chose to let the chips fall where they may. Time to read through this blog again!

Yay! I am so glad you got Berty. You are in for a great week with him. Not sure if I mentioned but HM genie’s don’t deliver random snacks to your room. It is by request. I actually prefer this because we are not big snackers and when we are we want something specific. I know some people like to be “surprised” by in suite snacks so if this is something you like you can arrange through Berty.  Otherwise you can request as you go along.  Feel free to ask any questions.  

2 hours ago, Jax said:

Yay! I am so glad you got Berty. You are in for a great week with him. Not sure if I mentioned but HM genie’s don’t deliver random snacks to your room. It is by request. I actually prefer this because we are not big snackers and when we are we want something specific. I know some people like to be “surprised” by in suite snacks so if this is something you like you can arrange through Berty.  Otherwise you can request as you go along.  Feel free to ask any questions.  

We actually like this idea. They had this on Oasis too last year. Derick had mentioned that there was quite a bit of food waste that they were trying to cut back on. I'm sure this also goes back to $$ saved for them as well. I do see us requesting lots of chocolate covered strawberries and meat planks from Jamies though!

3 hours ago, GregD said:

We actually like this idea. They had this on Oasis too last year. Derick had mentioned that there was quite a bit of food waste that they were trying to cut back on. I'm sure this also goes back to $$ saved for them as well. I do see us requesting lots of chocolate covered strawberries and meat planks from Jamies though!

Haha, my weakness was popcorn so that was my go to snack at night.  I love the flexibility star class gives when it comes to snacks. Especially being able to arrange snacks/meal after a shore excursion.