The Key Price?

MrRoy

I’ve seen post that The Key was only a few dollars more than Voom Surf and Stream. 

My October 2024 cruise on Harmony of the Seas has it as $41.99/person/day. For me that would be $83.98/day plus tax, I’m sure. 

Voom Surf and Stream is $20.99/day for 1 device or $34.99/day for 2 devices. 

What a price difference between The Key and Voom.  From viewing other posts, does the Key price come down?  I’d consider the Key if the price was close to Voom. 

Just wondering,

Thanks,

Roy

8 minutes ago, MrRoy said:

I’ve seen post that The Key was only a few dollars more than Voom Surf and Stream. 

My October 2024 cruise on Harmony of the Seas has it as $41.99/person/day. For me that would be $83.98/day plus tax, I’m sure. 

What a price difference between The Key and Voom.  From viewing other posts, does the Key price come down?  I’d consider the Key if the price was close to Voom. 

Just wondering,

Thanks,

Roy

I'm not sure where people get that price from... I have yet to see it lower than almost double the price of the internet package. I guess on some sailings it goes on sale...but I sure haven't seen it that low. 

27 minutes ago, MrRoy said:

Just wondering,

Thanks,

Roy

I booked it last time, since it was couple dollars different.  If you asked would I book it again, I would only if it's less than $5 difference.  For me not worth it to pay additional $20 a day different.  

18 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

The Key USED to only be a couple of dollars more than internet but since demand has increased, I have not seen it lower than $40/day. I personally think those days of it being "worth" it are long gone. 

I agree with you, the only difference for the Key is you get priority seat. You get Chop Grill lunch on embarkation day, and sit down breakfast on disembarkation.  It was a good meal, but not worth it for additional $20 a day. Last time I got lucky when the key was only $25 a day, it was last year black Friday deal.

It is usually cheaper on longer sailing since most of the benefit is on embarkation and disembarkation days.  My wife really likes the priority boarding privileges and a relaxed lunch and when there is a debate on getting the Key, she usually wins and we get it (happy wife, happy life).  We never take advantage of the "Reserved seating" at shows, but I do take advantage of the special FlowRider times because it is an activity I enjoy.  I personally try and target it when it is at most $5 to $10 above the internet cost (depending on the cruise length).  And if it is higher than $10 per day, I start looking at upgrade costs to sky class suites instead which provide similar benefits.

The last time I got the Key, it was at $19.99 a day. I don't think it will ever get to that level again. I thought it was marginally worth it then when Voom was going for $13.99 a day. Now, Voom is probably bottoming out at $17.99 a day. You can book Chops lunch separately and share one Voom account for much less. The other perks are just, meh.

I have also seen the Key at a very comparable price to the internet and not only on long voyages.  It seems (to me anyway) that the smaller class ships have it for less than the larger ones.  I never indulged in purchasing it as my husband and I typically sail with others and never wanted to ask them to purchase just because I did. 🤷‍♀️  wouldn’t want to make them feel guilty if they didn’t want it!  But internet…can’t go without that!  😜 

In the recent Black Friday sales, we purchased The Key for $1 more than internet alone for an upcoming sailing.

It is a 14 night so we figured $14 per person for a nice embarkation lunch was worth it. 

There are also some tender ports and having priority tendering is a useful bonus.

Having had The Key before, I don't think we'd purchase it at more than $2 over internet.

You guys have definitely seen better deals than me. Both of my Oasis cruises this year, and for my Liberty next year, the key has been floating around the $42-45 per person\per day range.  It's always been very close, or double the price of wifi, which is why we haven't gotten it. We have had zero issues embarking and disembarking and don't use the flowrider or rock walls,  so literally lunch and the wifi would be the only perks for us- not even close to worth it at the prices I always seem to get! 

Just yesterday (11/28), I paid $28.99/day for The Key on my March 2024 sailing. Internet is currently at $20.99/day. $8 per day more to get The Key lunch, early embarkation, reserved seating for shows, and any time departure at the end without waiting in line? Yes please!

My September 2024 sailing still shows key at a value (cough cough) of $41.99/day while Internet is at $20.99/day. Um..no. Well, I should say, not yet. Maybe if it drops more, I'll consider it. 

For reference, March 2024 is a Freedom-class ship while September 2024 is an Oasis-class ship.

Well for my cruise on Anthem in February it's actually lower than I've seen it in a while, 30.99 but I still don't see the value in it. The Chops lunch which I love id rather do Jamie's which we have booked. That's not even a selling point for us for this particular cruise. 

Ya know I bash The key enough. For our Liberty cruise Oct 2024 if I see it at a close enough price we'll give it a whirl. We are gonna get the Internet for 3, and we will book Chops for lunch on embarkation day. It would be an interesting experience. 

1 hour ago, RCIfan1912 said:

The prices on "The Key" is very strange. Our Anthem cruise just a few months away is 30.99 but our Liberty cruise at the way out in October is 37.99. Too much for both but holy cow 37.99 for Liberty. 

I am showing $49.99 for my Allure trip on January 5, 2024.  Luckily I am in a suite and don't need it.

image.png.20a17738491e4177feb2755679c354e3.png